Turning on your tail lights...

dle
Lord of the Board

Turning on your tail lights...

Post by dle »

https://www.castanet.net/news/Letters/2 ... -essential

Randy Hoy is bang on about this! It would help if the tail lights would just come on and go off automatically when you start, and when you turn off, your vehicle (like the headlights do). Maybe they do on some vehicles - they don't on mine and and I don't really know why they don't make them so they do! A lot of people simply don't realize that they don't come on - it seems logical that they would so perhaps the auto industry could tweak that.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Re: Turning on your tail lights...

Post by Bsuds »

This has been brought up several times in the forum and it's not only the tail lights but proper headlights as well.
My car has the option of the lights coming on when it's dark out and I leave it on that setting all the time.
Works in bad weather too. I have had several cars with that option and I think it should be mandatory on all cars.
I got Married because I was sick and tired of finishing my own sentences.
That's worked out great for me!
Poindexter
Guru

Post by Poindexter »

Yeah, most cars in the last 20 years have that automatic setting for lights that will switch from daytime running lights to headlights prompting the rear lights come on as well when the light sensor on your dash deems them to be required. But like Bsuds says, you do have to have your lights set to automatic for this to happen.

One caveat however, when driving through fog you may have to manually turn your rear lights on because it won't be dark enough for the sensor to trip. I'll even put my hazards on if the fog is particularly dense but for the majority of driving, the auto setting does the job.
Remember: Humans are 99% chimp.
atenbacon
Übergod

Post by atenbacon »

For those without vehicles with auto on headlights.... Not mandated or law but at least there are options to make it happen for the individual. There are hundres of different options... this is one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eA1d-QEwCVs
You have to keep an open mind until it is proven one way or the other. You just can't take the T.V. or internet word on it.
BGrigg07

Post by BGrigg07 »

My car has auto-on headlights and I think every car should have them. Though you still have to use your brain in rain during the day. Of course car owners without brains won't use them and will continue to drive around at night on their DLRs... You cannot fix stupid!

Return to “Central Okanagan”