Spring Valley crime spree again

gsc
Board Meister

Re: Spring Valley crime spree again

Post by gsc »

KelownaCrackinCrew wrote:In your one YouTube video of vehicle getting broken into, I just noticed you can see what appears to be your neighbor across the street watching. :135:

It was a piece of furniture and didn't move all night
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

LivinginKelowna wrote:When is the time going to come that the penalty becomes so severe that people stop stealing?

We need to legally be able to boobytrap our belongings that we work hard for and what happens to the thief, and what happens to them

Unfortunately, booby-trapping is a double edge sword. Booby-traps require bait and changes the dynamics greatly.
The "bait" would now be considered as an attractant and would change the predator into the prey.
The property owner would now have to defend himself in court.
A property owner could be charged for baiting if he forgot to lock their car and that car would now be considered bait. Only permitted trappers can bait a trap, and they are under very strict conditions.

Over time the lines between predator and prey become obscured, to the extent of leaving a $5 on your driveway and killing a trespasser that sees it and attempts to pick it up, and that could be a child.

Booby trapping is illegal, dangerous, especially if your life is not in danger.
Bring back the LIKE button.
Jflem1983
Guru

Post by Jflem1983 »

I caught a guy in my hood a few weeks back. These people are scum. Shopping in peoples yards. They should be beaten publicly. Shame on liberals for encouraging this
Now they want to take our guns away . That would be just fine. Take em away from the criminals first . Ill gladly give u mine. "Charlie Daniels"

You have got to stand for something . Or you will fall for anything "Aaron Tippin"
mexi cali
Guru

Post by mexi cali »

Remember that scene in home alone where he blasted the video recording of that movie with the machine gun fire?

You should have a motion activated sensor that activates a recording of a machine gun blaring from a speaker attached outside your house. The neighbors probably wouldn't be overly upset.

Man, that would make for some funny video.
Praise the lord and pass the ammunition
mexi cali
Guru

Post by mexi cali »

And for the record; I wanted to punch him in the face as I watched him casually rifle through your stuff. It makes me sick.
Praise the lord and pass the ammunition
gsc
Board Meister

Post by gsc »

mexi cali wrote:And for the record; I wanted to punch him in the face as I watched him casually rifle through your stuff. It makes me sick.

Haha me as well
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

x3 these scumbag only respect violence
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Apr 17th, 2018, 3:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Off Topic
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
featfan
Guru

Post by featfan »

What about using one of the boom box anti package theft devices?
Bpeep
Mindquad

Post by Bpeep »

How about laying in wait and giving the thief the glazing of his life the moment he takes something.
Make sure it's sufficient to force him to reconsider his vocation.
To hell with what the law says you can.
Seeking the apartment that is creating leasing interest concerns knowledgeable seclusive morons excessively.
voice of reason
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by voice of reason »

LivinginKelowna wrote:When is the time going to come that the penalty becomes so severe that people stop stealing?

We need to legally be able to boobytrap our belongings that we work hard for and what happens to the thief, happens to them

a big friggen rat trap from buckerfields would fit nicely behind the seat
gsc
Board Meister

Post by gsc »

UPDATE: the guy came back tonight at 9:15pm to scope out our place again. They came down the street parked behind my neighbours tall hedges. Then the guy we have on cam from a couple nights a go got out of the car and proceeds to walk past our place about 15 feet turns around and walks back to the waiting car.

Now here's where I feel like an idiot. We where out side at the time and my wife says " hey that looks like the guy". I said no he looks to short. She then yells at the guy and he comes over. She asks him if he was here the other not and of course he says no lmao. At this point I have a buddy over who is not much smaller than a Sasquatch and says you want me to..... of course I say no cause I don't think it's the guy. So Mr thife then walks away after we tell him what was stolen and we go inside to look at our security footage. Yep I'm an idiot it was the same :cuss: guy 100%. I was literally 2 feet away from this :cuss: :cuss: :cuss: and could have just pummeled him and called the cops after he "fell" a few times but no I let him go... :cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :cuss:
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

voice of reason wrote:a big friggen rat trap from buckerfields would fit nicely behind the seat

I prefer a large Doberman.
I got Married because I was sick and tired of finishing my own sentences.
That's worked out great for me!
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

gsc wrote: We where out side at the time and my wife says " hey that looks like the guy". I said no he looks to short.

Always, always listen to your Wife!
I got Married because I was sick and tired of finishing my own sentences.
That's worked out great for me!
Jflem1983
Guru

Post by Jflem1983 »

gsc wrote:UPDATE: the guy came back tonight at 9:15pm to scope out our place again. They came down the street parked behind my neighbours tall hedges. Then the guy we have on cam from a couple nights a go got out of the car and proceeds to walk past our place about 15 feet turns around and walks back to the waiting car.

Now here's where I feel like an idiot. We where out side at the time and my wife says " hey that looks like the guy". I said no he looks to short. She then yells at the guy and he comes over. She asks him if he was here the other not and of course he says no lmao. At this point I have a buddy over who is not much smaller than a Sasquatch and says you want me to..... of course I say no cause I don't think it's the guy. So Mr thife then walks away after we tell him what was stolen and we go inside to look at our security footage. Yep I'm an idiot it was the same :cuss: guy 100%. I was literally 2 feet away from this :cuss: :cuss: :cuss: and could have just pummeled him and called the cops after he "fell" a few times but no I let him go... :cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :cuss:

He came back the next day ? Sounds like someone out to get u. *removed*
Last edited by ferri on Apr 18th, 2018, 9:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Baiting
Now they want to take our guns away . That would be just fine. Take em away from the criminals first . Ill gladly give u mine. "Charlie Daniels"

You have got to stand for something . Or you will fall for anything "Aaron Tippin"

Return to “Central Okanagan”