Spring Valley crime spree again

alanjh595
Banned

Re: Spring Valley crime spree again

Post by alanjh595 »

There are these available, there are 6 in stock at Home Depot here in Kelowna. It's wireless and the receiver can be in your house. At least this will wake you as soon as somebody walks onto your property.
https://www.homedepot.ca/en/home/p.driv ... YgodNrYMAg

A second option is, if you already have a motion sensor light, take the bulb out screw in a
https://www.amazon.ca/Leviton-1403-Outl ... gxrhhj4r_e

and plug in a very loud siren. The light will come on and the siren at the same time.

Both are cheap and easy to use. Then there is this option at a little higher cost and may not be as effective.
https://www.ebay.ca/i/323058574862?chn=ps&dispItem=1

Here's a 12V Siren.
https://www.amazon.com/docooler%C2%AE-A ... B00Q6EXKJM
Bring back the LIKE button.
Ptolemy Soter
Fledgling

Post by Ptolemy Soter »

That guy was stupid enough to return to the scene of the crime. With that footage and whatnot, you should have no issue turning that into the police and possibly getting his dumb *** arrested.
I am... the law!
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

cops catch them, judges and scumbag lawyers set them free
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
dle
Lord of the Board

Post by dle »

KelownaCrackinCrew wrote:In your one YouTube video of vehicle getting broken into, I just noticed you can see what appears to be your neighbor across the street watching. :135:
dle
Lord of the Board

Post by dle »

Ptolemy Soter wrote:That guy was stupid enough to return to the scene of the crime. With that footage and whatnot, you should have no issue turning that into the police and possibly getting his dumb *** arrested.

Well, this is how it SHOULD work - unfortunately for us "robbee's", the "robbers" rarely ever get arrested (not because of their cunning and stealth but simply because the law is on the side of the robbers).... but if by some miracle they do, nothing happens to them....NOTHING...grrr...don't even get me started.... :-X

I've been the "robbee" too many times to know this to be a fact....
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

Here's another idea that could be used.

Take it to the extreme and if you have an old chainsaw with just a little gas in the tank, put one end of the string to the saw and the other end tied to your trailer hitch.........when someone takes the saw maybe 10 feet away..........you get the idea. Use light fishing line for the trip wire.
youjustcomplain
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by youjustcomplain »

LTD wrote:take anything of value made of metal and hook some 220 up to it and sit and wait, I'm sure it will be quite satisfying

Only problem there is that you'd be electrocuting people for trespassing. :(

Really, it's a tough one. You need for them to steal then get caught to have any chance of them being off the streets for a few hours. /sigh
gsc
Board Meister

Post by gsc »

Once we catch one we have a way to make them not want to come back. It's just catching the :cuss: now. He's feeling pretty brave coming back so soon and early as well.

My guess is he has a buyer for my stuff or needs the money now. So it's a waiting game lucky for him I'm a hunter and have learned the game of patience. He's going to have a very rude awakening when he comes back and I'm home.
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

gsc wrote:Once we catch one we have a way to make them not want to come back. It's just catching the :cuss: now. He's feeling pretty brave coming back so soon and early as well.

My guess is he has a buyer for my stuff or needs the money now. So it's a waiting game lucky for him I'm a hunter and have learned the game of patience. He's going to have a very rude awakening when he comes back and I'm home.

The problems are outside of the legal ramifications,
Cameras only give you a recording that you can watch and see your property leave.
The chainsaw idea of mine is dangerous and also illegal.

The things that thieves don't like the most is atten being drawn to them. Sensor lights are okay, but it still takes someone to see the light coming on and to do something about it. You can't count on your neighbours and if you see it, all you can do is call the police. They won't be there in time anyways.

The best solution, I feel, is the sensor light with a very loud alarm attached to it. So when it goes off, the whole neighbourhood will be looking out the window and drawing much, unwanted attention.
Put the camera images on Youtube and tell all your neighbours where they can view it.

Tell the neighbours what you are doing and let them hear a sampling of the alarm sound so that will know exactly where to look when they hear it. The problem is that master bedrooms are usually always in the rear of the house and it takes time to get to the front of the house. Instruct them to turn on as many of their lights inside and out immediately.

If others are also experiencing theft, they will want the same set-up for themselves. Word will get out in the street and eventually the crooks will move off to another neighbourhood.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

love it good hunting ............ :up:
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

gsc wrote:Once we catch one we have a way to make them not want to come back. It's just catching the :cuss: now. He's feeling pretty brave coming back so soon and early as well.

That's all well and good and I appreciate your desire to seek retribution and personal justice, but you could be putting yourself on the wrong end of the law. Especially since you are a hunter and have firearms, any criminal charges that involve violence made against you, could have your firearms taken away.
There could be conditions put upon you like, not being able to possess a knife unless, it is being used for eating. It could take 2 years of wait time before you can have your case heard by a judge.
That is joys we get from living in Canada. The laws we have are of greater benefit to the criminals. SAD, but true.

Better off to be pro-active and passive, than aggressive and reactive. I live in a gated community, and park my care in my attached garage with electric door openers. I still, lock the car doors and take the keys in the house with me, and have moved the manual disconnect rope from the doors. If there is a power failure, I can still unwrap that cord and get my car out, but the criminals can't get in.
My precautions have cost me $ 0 and I sleep much better at night.
gsc
Board Meister

Post by gsc »

the truth wrote:love it good hunting ............ :up:

lol I shouldn't have to. Thank you though
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

sad but true
LTD
Lord of the Board

Post by LTD »

youjustcomplain wrote:
LTD wrote:take anything of value made of metal and hook some 220 up to it and sit and wait, I'm sure it will be quite satisfying

Only problem there is that you'd be electrocuting people for trespassing. :(

Really, it's a tough one. You need for them to steal then get caught to have any chance of them being off the streets for a few hours. /sigh

ya your right it would a real shame to electrocute a thieving crack head low life piece of chit for stealing your property, funny thing tho i wouldn't lose ten minutes sleep over it, i would shoot that *bleep* between the eyes and not feel the least bit bad about it
Last edited by LTD on Apr 19th, 2018, 6:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
normaM
The Pilgrim

Post by normaM »

Gobsmacked he returned. Clearly you have things they want, how freaking stressful for you and your family. I always hope the Courts will deal justice but
If you have to sit up all night to watch over your things, your things that were many hours worked to buy
Where is the justice in that
I hope you get your things back alas they long gone :(
If there was a Loser contest you'd come in second

Return to “Central Okanagan”