Flying Poo

Merry
Walks on Forum Water

Re: Flying Poo

Post by Merry »

No, the stuff that hit our patio roof hit around 6:20 pm on Sat night, in broad daylight. My hubby was standing watching our supper cook on the barbecue when he heard what he at first thought was a bunch of small stones hitting the aluminum patio cover (that he was standing under), but when he looked up he could see (through one of the two clear panels in the cover) that it was some sort of a liquid.

He remembered hearing a small plane fly over just before it happened, but it was gone by the time he looked up following the incident.
"In a world swathed in political correctness, the voting booth remains the final sanctuary where the people are free to speak" - Clifford Orwin
dle
Lord of the Board

Post by dle »

I was getting concerned when I read on Vernon Castanet today that a needle came out of the sky - added a big question mark to the poo mystery for a minute til I read the story.....crow dropped it. Dang - seems even our crows are shooting up these days....
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

dle wrote:I was getting concerned when I read on Vernon Castanet today that a needle came out of the sky - added a big question mark to the poo mystery for a minute til I read the story.....crow dropped it. Dang - seems even our crows are shooting up these days....

I hope they (the police) are able to get a fingerprint from that needle, and at very least identify the one who dropped it, and charge them with "endangering wildlife".
Bring back the LIKE button.
wanderer
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by wanderer »

Hope this link is ok
http://time.com/4726754/how-airplane-toilets-work/
However, contrary to popular belief, the captain of the plane does not have the ability to detach the toilet tank and send it plummeting mid-flight. (When people report “blue ice” falling from above, it is usually just a leak of the sewage tank or drain tube that freezes to the aircraft.)
Merry
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Merry »

For the record, what hit our aluminum patio roof was not blue ice. It was some sort of brown sticky substance that was very difficult to remove.

And it was a small plane that flew over immediately before the stuff hit the roof, not a big passenger plane.

I think it was somebody playing a very inappropriate joke.
"In a world swathed in political correctness, the voting booth remains the final sanctuary where the people are free to speak" - Clifford Orwin
LTD
Lord of the Board

Post by LTD »

oldtrucker wrote:Flight plan required if flight is 25 nm or more from aircraft base.

nope not true
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

If you are travelling more than 25 nautical miles from your point of departure, you must file either a flight plan or a flight itinerary.

http://www.flyingstart.ca/FlightTraining/PSTAR/9As.htm
LTD
Lord of the Board

Post by LTD »

read it theres a big difference between filing a flight plan and telling someone where your going ie flight itinerary
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

LTD wrote:read it theres a big difference between filing a flight plan and telling someone where your going ie flight itinerary

True enough. Either way, this would make it a very expensive "practical joke", with huge negative consequences for the pilot.

That would be like purposely over drinking and driving with no other goal to prove that it can be done.
Whyme2
Übergod

Post by Whyme2 »

Merry wrote:For the record, what hit our aluminum patio roof was not blue ice. It was some sort of brown sticky substance that was very difficult to remove.

And it was a small plane that flew over immediately before the stuff hit the roof, not a big passenger plane.

I think it was somebody playing a very inappropriate joke.

I’m really finding hard to believe that someone is actually taking up a small plane with a bag of poo and circling the Okanagan and dropping it below. Do you know how expensive it is to just rent or run a small plane? It’s not cheap! :200:
LTD
Lord of the Board

Post by LTD »

ya it would be an expensive prank (if that's what ya want to call it) also throwing a bag or bucket out of a small plane wouldn't be an easy task either, anyone who flies a small plane will know what I'm talking about
Caree

Post by Caree »

https://www.castanet.net/news/Kelowna/2 ... s-from-sky
(The person who was 'hit' by the stuff from the sky suffered irritation in her eye the doctor told her was from the Disinfectant used in the airplanes' sewage holding tanks, is what I get from this news article at Castanet.) Edited Update by Me: -- I hope the stuff is safe for pets, veggie gardens and the bees that pollinate the flowers & gardens and produce our Honey. I posted a story about Honey Bees Dying in Vernon (Global News) ---thought I posted it in Central Okanagan, but the post shows in a category about Sports and the Great Outdoors? Or maybe I posted accidentally in the wrong category!
Last edited by Caree on Jun 24th, 2018, 2:32 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Merry
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Merry »

alanjh595 wrote:this would make it a very expensive "practical joke", with huge negative consequences for the pilot.

That would be like purposely over drinking and driving with no other goal to prove that it can be done.

I agree alan, but what other explanation is there?

It was a clear blue sky that day, with just a few white fluffy clouds.

If a large plane flew over, we never saw it. All my hubby saw was a small plane flying over just before the substance hit the patio roof.

The fact is that SOMETHING brown and sticky fell from the sky and ended up splattered the full length of our patio roof. So, unless someone has a better explanation, we're sticking with the misguided practical joke theory.
LTD
Lord of the Board

Post by LTD »

What's not true? I guess departure point, not base.
A high wing like a C172 has the window that opens from the bottom and flips up. Quite a large space to put something out the window.
All in with fuel and taxes, aircraft like a C172 goes for $300 hour ( I won't pay that much-total rip off)...engine start to shut down(hobbs)[/quote]

flight plan is NOT required that's what, and yes I'm well aware of the window on a 172 good luck throwing anything out of them
Merry
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Merry »

To those of you who insist it couldn't possibly have come from a small plane, what other explanation is there? Because my hubby and I can't think of one.

Return to “Central Okanagan”