City crime

Social, economic and environmental issues in our ever-changing world.
bigtimeoperations
Board Meister

Re: City crime

Post by bigtimeoperations »

3i5g wrote: dog was attacked in my own yard (guy jumped my fence to grab something in the back yard and booted my dog multiple times)

Wow! :200: If my dog got booted like that, there would be a major MAJOR crackhead beat down. I would be seeing red at that point!

Doesn't surprise me to hear crime is on the rise in that area. Knew that would happen. City Hall doesn't care, its in Rutland! Since when has Kelowna council actually treated Rutland as an equal to the rest of the city, especially Mission? Kelowna sure is a strange city and a piece of work! :-X
Don't Vancouver our Kelowna!
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

100% correct
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
Scrobins94
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Scrobins94 »

3i5g wrote:I live in the Rutland area and ever since the JHS building opened down on Enterprise I have experienced troubling matters. Multiple break in attempts, an actual break in (yes right into the house), car tires stabbed, dog was attacked in my own yard (guy jumped my fence to grab something in the back yard and booted my dog multiple times) and the list goes on. I have made about 16 different police reports with the Rutland and downtown police departments since June 2018. In each case NO arrests were made and NO further investigations into the incidents even though they kept happening.
The ONLY way I made this stuff stop was through force. Set up multiple security cameras and started to learn the times and people that showed up and why Some I only had to be waiting there and just scare by yelling at them, others I got physical with and guess what? They all stopped coming.

https://www.castanet.net/edition/news-s ... htm#253832

This ^ is how you stop crime *bleep* the RCMP *bleep* the city of Kelowna.

You should send some of the footage of the crime to Castanet. Probably will get more attention than a random rant on the forums.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

https://www.castanet.net/edition/news-s ... htm#254131 o look people its now are fault for not locking your cars on your property , not the criminals fault but you the hard working law abiding taxpayer :200: :cuss:
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
LTD
Lord of the Board

Post by LTD »

kelowna's new slogan, "if you can afford nice things you can afford to lose them"
pieinthei
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by pieinthei »

"Colleen Cornock, the city's crime prevention supervisor says the survey is just a preliminary step."

preliminary step?.. well Coleen Cornock, YOU FAIL!.. waste more money on ridiculous studies and surveys, when the problem is right in front of you. maybe listen to some of the people affected by these problems, rather than waiting for the survey you want to hear that says "everyone feels safe"
IMO, surveys are the biggest waste. if you don't like the results, just hold another survey until you get the answer you want.. :cuss: :swear:
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

If you needed a reminder to remove any valuables from your vehicle or lock up your bike, consider yourself warned.

Statistics from the Kelowna RCMP show the number of property crimes reported last year was up more than 10 per cent compared to 2017, with over 9,200 files opened.

https://globalnews.ca/news/5213905/kelo ... -the-rise/
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

shocker--not-- safe bet it has everything to do wither cornerstone heartstone https://globalnews.ca/news/4832724/kelo ... s-complex/ crime follows these places
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Unless you have a breakdown of the timing, I doubt that complex is responsible for ALL 9,200 files in two months.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

Fancy wrote:Unless you have a breakdown of the timing, I doubt that complex is responsible for ALL 9,200 files in two months.

there is more than one of these types of buildings in kelowna and more going up
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Mundle did return to a common theme, asking the public to take ownership of their own property, especially their vehicles.

"It I could say anything...if we could start securing some of our valuables, removing them from our vehicles, and locking our vehicles, there is a ;potential for these numbers to actually start to decrease.

"But, one theft from vehicle, depending what gets stolen from that vehicle, could lead to five, six, seven other related crimes."

https://www.castanet.net/edition/news-s ... htm#255066
dle
Lord of the Board

Castanet article: Crime May Continue to Rise......

Post by dle »

https://www.castanet.net/news/Kelowna/2 ... ue-to-rise

Ya think???

"This is the Brent Mundle observation, but I think there's much more we can do in the community with respect to providing services and treatment and alternatives to these individuals," he told council during his quarterly update.

"The reality of it is, I think some of my numbers with respect to property crime may continue to increase until we can get a handle on some of the social issues, primarily some of the drug related problems at that level in the community."

He told council anything that can be done to provide treatment, to break the cycle, is very important.

(colour emphasis added)

So Mr. Mayor and Council - do you have your fingers out of your ears yet? You'll note he mentions TREATMENT TO BREAK THE CYCLE but curiously enough, no mention of getting them into WET FACILITIES that just enable them to CONTINUE the cycle.

It's time to lobby the Provincial Govt for proper REHAB CENTRES for one thing, and mandatory incarceration for DRUG CESSATION TREATMENT for those caught in a crime who use DRUG ABUSE as a defence to get a more lenient sentence. Although I can't even imagine a more lenient sentence than they get now - which is NO sentence! Perhaps lessons on how to steal more productively and not get caught??
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Re: Castanet article: Crime May Continue to Rise......

Post by Fancy »

bjsilent
Board Meister

Post by bjsilent »

Fancy wrote:Unless you have a breakdown of the timing, I doubt that complex is responsible for ALL 9,200 files in two months.

Known fact that since cornerstones inception property crime in and around the downtown core went up 200%
soupy
Grand Pooh-bah

Re: Castanet article: Crime May Continue to Rise......

Post by soupy »

Return to “Social Concerns”