City crime

Social, economic and environmental issues in our ever-changing world.
Scrobins94
Generalissimo Postalot

Re: City Park

Post by Scrobins94 »

These should be the last people having sex...
Treblehook
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Treblehook »

The City of Kelowna should be treating this problem in City Park as a top priority. less than a high priority response to clean this area up is pure negligence. There have been plenty of incidents there to warrant whatever action is necessary to solve the problem. When someone gets hurt in the park, the diligence [or lack thereof] will certainly be a factor in any victim's action against the city.
Verum
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Verum »

Scrobins94 wrote:These should be the last people having sex...

Why? Was one of them underage, or non-consenting?

Though it was the wrong place to have sex, as a "civilised" society we should probably stay out of the sex lives of consenting adults and leave that judgemental attitude in the past.

As inappropriate as it is, sex in public is not unusual and frankly that it's even news is a sad indication of how prudish our society is.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Sex in public is discouraged as it is considered a private matter. It's not a matter of being prudish but respecting others which includes children.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
Verum
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Verum »

Fancy wrote:Sex in public is discouraged as it is considered a private matter. It's not a matter of being prudish but respecting others which includes children.

I didn't suggest it was appropriate, actually quite the contrary, but just that it's not newsworthy in anything but a prudish society.

Plenty of people don't show respect to others and to children, but we don't post up news articles every time someone fails to show respect to others.

ETA: I suspect this might kick off a rash of people doing the same elsewhere as it will better satisfy their exhibitionist kink.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Rainbows and bears in parks get media attention - I suppose this ranks as just as news worthy so I get your point.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
Scrobins94
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Scrobins94 »

Verum wrote:

Why? Was one of them underage, or non-consenting?

Do you really have to ask. Sex can lead to babies... I don't think these two individuals can look after another human being.
generalposter
Board Meister

Post by generalposter »

Verum wrote:
Fancy wrote:Sex in public is discouraged as it is considered a private matter. It's not a matter of being prudish but respecting others which includes children.

I didn't suggest it was appropriate, actually quite the contrary, but just that it's not newsworthy in anything but a prudish society.

Plenty of people don't show respect to others and to children, but we don't post up news articles every time someone fails to show respect to others.

ETA: I suspect this might kick off a rash of people doing the same elsewhere as it will better satisfy their exhibitionist kink.

Any idea where?
Someone has to say it.
OKkayak
Walks on Forum Water

Post by OKkayak »

Scrobins94 wrote:Do you really have to ask. Sex can lead to babies... I don't think these two individuals can look after another human being.

I highly doubt his sperm count is adequate :up:
Catsumi
Buddha of the Board

Post by Catsumi »

Only 9 months to see who else joins the welfare lineup.
Sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice. There’s a certain point at which ignorance becomes malice, at which there is simply no way to become THAT ignorant except deliberately and maliciously.

Unknown
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

ya think
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

Catsumi wrote:Only 9 months to see who else joins the welfare lineup.

ya and when its turns 18 the prison lineup ,
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

this city makes me sick , i
will start a go fund me page raise 100,000 and move the f out any one want to help me out and give me a free ride like the rest of these was of human skin
Verum
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Verum »

Scrobins94 wrote:
Verum wrote:Why? Was one of them underage, or non-consenting?

Do you really have to ask. Sex can lead to babies... I don't think these two individuals can look after another human being.

Sex can lead to pregnancy, and pregnancy can lead to a baby, but it's a lot to assume these two are trying to have a baby, or if one falling pregnant would carry it to term. Also, beyond stupidly engaging in public sex, why would these two be less suited to being parents than most? If you, like many here, are assuming they are homeless, well, that's just an assumption without adequate supporting evidence.

Even assuming that they are homeless, as consenting adults, they are just as entitled and just as you (I'm assuming you're an adult, though I could be very wrong) or I (no assumption needed here, I'm definitely an adult) to have sex.

Thankfully, Canadian society and Canada doesn't interfere with the sexual behaviours of consenting adults.
fall
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by fall »

the truth wrote:this city makes me sick , i
will start a go fund me page raise 100,000 and move the f out any one want to help me out and give me a free ride like the rest of these was of human skin

Where are you going to move with 100k? Is that just moving expenses?
Honestly they are probably not the only ones getting a free ride.
I would bet over half of all these regular forum posters are also getting a free ride.

Return to “Social Concerns”