Morning mayhem

JennParker

Re: Morning mayhem

Post by JennParker »

amomof2dogs wrote: Confirmed by who?
Can you provide a link?

No link or public announcement that I know of. Confirmed by a family friend. They were all from Williams Lake.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

I have no compassion for speeders who end up seriously injuring or worse to themselves (but only themselves).
Unfortunately in majority of speeding accidents there are innocent people injured or killed, because some jack :cuss: wanted to speed.

Go find a racetrack equip your vehicle with the proper safety gear, then go as fast as you f :cuss: ing want on that track.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
60-YEARS-in-Ktown
Guru

Post by 60-YEARS-in-Ktown »

alanjh595 wrote:
rookie314 wrote:Let he who has not sped toss the first stone. And that should end this thread. Here comes the but I wasn't doing 150 in a 50 zone, no, but you've done 70 or 80.

How many have done 3 times the speed limit?

Hand going up slowly.. :135:
I'd like to help You OUT,
Which way did You come in??
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

GordonH wrote:I have no compassion for speeders who end up seriously injuring or worse to themselves (but only themselves).
Unfortunately in majority of speeding accidents there are innocent people injured or killed, because some jack :cuss: wanted to speed.

Go find a racetrack equip your vehicle with the proper safety gear, then go as fast as you f :cuss: ing want on that track.

AND.......alone in the car and without a puppy.
Bring back the LIKE button.
LTD
Lord of the Board

Post by LTD »

alanjh595 wrote:
rookie314 wrote:Let he who has not sped toss the first stone. And that should end this thread. Here comes the but I wasn't doing 150 in a 50 zone, no, but you've done 70 or 80.

How many have done 3 times the speed limit?

lol who hasn't pretty sure I did that on the straight stretch before my driveway today I do live in the middle of nowhere tho
Nedroj
Übergod

Post by Nedroj »

Everyone speeds in the valley, but most of us only do 10-20km over and only really on the highways, never in residential areas. But I will admit years ago i've gone twice the speed limit on the Coq in a brand new Lancer Ralliart equipped with upgraded racing suspension, brakes, and proper high speed tires. Doing 220km on a straight stretch of highway with no one else around, no passengers in a vehicle that was designed to be a rally car was a perfectly fine risk and quite the rush. But that was also before the excessive speeding laws changed. Its just not worth it now, even if you're alone on the Coq.
'I hear and I forget, I see and I remember, I do and I understand' - Confucius
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
Karlamindel89

Post by Karlamindel89 »

Sige wrote:Stupid people - if your puppy is your best friend what the **** are you doing driving that fast with it in the car then? *bleep*.
My dog (not puppy) was in that accident and like people have said who has been in a situation in which you have no control over what someone else is doing while they are driving. Do you understand the loss of control you have over other people... my dog is my best friend my dog wasn’t found until 4 days later. I am grateful that she was finally found and not to seriously harmed. I am the owner of that car and I was asleep in the passenger seat I couldn’t control what the driver was doing. But I was in no shape to be my driving myself so I chose to sleep and let someone whom I thought was going to drive like a normal person. Lesson learned I no longer let anyone drive my vehicles if I can’t drive nobody does and we are all sleeping or not moving unless I’m ok to drive. I lost one of my longest known friends in this accident and for that I am so very regretful to have ever let someone else take the wheel of my car. Never again will that happen. I would have rather them pull over and I lost my car for a week rather lose a friend as a result of my *bleep* choice to let someone else drive. I am not stupid I am sorry though. But I am in no way stupid. I know the consequences of my decisions that day and I wish I was able to change the events of that day, accidents happen and I’m sorry to anyone that was affected by this. I hope people can forgive and let live.
casey60
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by casey60 »

Speeding in the valley is rampant. No enforcement. Was on the highway to Winfield the other day. 90km/h is the posted limit. Was doing 110. 90% passed me. Its just dangerous now to actually drive the limit as set out. Just crazy
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

There is enforcement - passed radar on highway 97.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Karlamindel89 wrote:My dog (not puppy) was in that accident and like people have said who has been in a situation in which you have no control over what someone else is doing while they are driving.
3 people were ejected - no one wearing seatbelts? Anything loose becomes a projectile in an accident - dog crates protect the animals. Yes there were many bad choices made.
You most certainly have an obligation to make sure the driver has a valid licence and is sober.
He argues that Hennessy has a lengthy criminal record and was prohibited from driving at the time of the crash.
https://globalnews.ca/news/7720517/sent ... june-2018/
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
Catri
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Catri »

casey60 wrote:Speeding in the valley is rampant. No enforcement. Was on the highway to Winfield the other day. 90km/h is the posted limit. Was doing 110. 90% passed me. Its just dangerous now to actually drive the limit as set out. Just crazy
The highway between Kelowna and Winfield has been a speedy spot ever since it was 4-laned (yes, I'm old and remember when it was 2 lanes), but when they put the barriers down the centre of the highway it turned into the freakin' autobahn. I think the barriers make it harder to enforce speed limits, but at least there are no head on crashes. Still, I don't think it's unsafe to drive closer to the speed limit if you choose to (I try to stay no more than 10-15kmh over), just stay in the right hand lane, those with heavier feet will pass you.
Urban Cowboy
Guru

Post by Urban Cowboy »

casey60 wrote:Speeding in the valley is rampant. No enforcement. Was on the highway to Winfield the other day. 90km/h is the posted limit. Was doing 110. 90% passed me. Its just dangerous now to actually drive the limit as set out. Just crazy
Stay in the right hand lane, problem solved.

Police regularly set up traps to catch the lead foots along that stretch.
“Not All Those Who Wander Are Lost" - Tolkien

Return to “Central Okanagan”