What Flew over Kelowna today ?

Jx3
Übergod

Re: What Flew over Kelowna today ?

Post by Jx3 »

Love how Castanet says it was in Kelowna to get repainted. [icon_lol2.gif]

The only thing that got painted was the V-Stab where they removed the Qatari Royal emblem.

Like you could paint a 747 at YLW.... great reporting as usual Castanet. [icon_lol2.gif]
OKkayak
Walks on Forum Water

Post by OKkayak »

Jx3 wrote:Love how Castanet says it was in Kelowna to get repainted. [icon_lol2.gif]

The only thing that got painted was the V-Stab where they removed the Qatari Royal emblem.

Like you could paint a 747 at YLW.... great reporting as usual Castanet. [icon_lol2.gif]

I don't even think that got repainted, you could still see the area where the yellow emblem was, being a lot darker then the rest of the paint around it.
Whyme2
Übergod

Post by Whyme2 »

OKkayak wrote:
Jx3 wrote:Love how Castanet says it was in Kelowna to get repainted. [icon_lol2.gif]

I don't even think that got repainted, you could still see the area where the yellow emblem was, being a lot darker then the rest of the paint around it.

Both sides of the Vertical Stabilizer were sanded and painted to cover the emblem. Adding new paint to the rest of the old is going to show somewhat.
tsayta
Lord of the Board

Post by tsayta »

F18 flew at altitude south over Kelowna and left turn over mission. Took off due east over Joe Rich at 340pm
I have learned that to be with those I like is enough.
WW
stevemic
Fledgling

Post by stevemic »

tsayta wrote:F18 flew at altitude south over Kelowna and left turn over mission. Took off due east over Joe Rich at 340pm

didnt quite make it to Joe Rich as he flew over my place in Rutland near Tims
You can say whatever you please,
as long as the Mods agree
phasyluck
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by phasyluck »

I was wondering the same thing, don't think all the nimbys would appreciate hundreds of gallons of polyurethane being spewed out in the air. Pretty sure they don't have a spray booth that large!
Sure do love Rutland!!
60-YEARS-in-Ktown
Guru

Post by 60-YEARS-in-Ktown »

A bit off topic..
I was on the Bonneville Salt Flats in August. A fighter jet flew right over us, around 250 feet up, then banked hard and headed into the mountains.
Most awesome sight and sound for me all of 2018..
Btw for about the next 50 miles east of there they have 4 miles of public airspace either side of I- 80. Beyond that is a restricted military zone, the biggest in the USA.
I'd like to help You OUT,
Which way did You come in??
WalterWhite
Lord of the Board

Post by WalterWhite »

tsayta wrote:F18 flew at altitude south over Kelowna and left turn over mission. Took off due east over Joe Rich at 340pm

That would have been this guy....

JBI_9773.jpg

Return to “Central Okanagan”