Kelowna Cab's no-show, puts life at risk.

JayByrd
Lord of the Board

Re: Kelowna Cab's no-show, puts life at risk.

Post by JayByrd »

kelownaobserver wrote:Maybe to all the posters on here, to put things in perspective. This could be me or you incapacitated for whatever reason in a wheelchair one day.

I think everyone is on board with that. There's no excuse for a pre-booked ride to simply not show up. In almost every case, a person in a wheelchair is medically compromised in some way. It shouldn't be regarded by cab companies or their drivers as "just another fare".
When someone says they pay taxes, you know they're about to be an ******e.
OKkayak
Walks on Forum Water

Post by OKkayak »

GordonH wrote:My bad, but still how far will $2.50 get someone in either Cab or Uber.

The passenger could have also been using BC Transit's Taxi Saver program so they only have to pay half the cab fare.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

GordonH wrote:My bad, but still how far will $2.50 get someone in either Cab or Uber.

OKkayak wrote:The passenger could have also been using BC Transit's Taxi Saver program so they only have to pay half the cab fare.

Okay, so how far does $5 go via a Cab.... I don't use Cabs.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
LANDM
Walks on Forum Water

Post by LANDM »

artistwithaflare wrote:
LANDM wrote:Not that it would have helped in this case but, when I am in areas that have it, I always use Uber. It works flawlessly and is so handy and convenient.

I'm wondering does Uber have a wheelchair accessible van?

Hence the first nine words of my response. Also, as someone else noted, Uber doesn’t own or operate cars......it would be up to an owner/operator to provide the vehicle and service.
You and 71 others Like this post
phasyluck
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by phasyluck »

I walked home many times because of no show/"we are too busy" and I lived a loooong way from down town.
Sure do love Rutland!!
AlienSoldier
Übergod

Post by AlienSoldier »

As a person who uses Uber frequently there are a few things to note.

Usually Uber starts with standard fares and cars before including luxury car's and opening up to additional types such as cars with wheelchair ramps etc.

Anything above the regular vehicles will cost you extra.

Uber drivers do not know where they are going, and only find out after they have accepted the fare. This stops them from saying they are busy when they don't want short rides, etc.

Surge pricing means that prices go up during happy hour, but it also means more vehicles are on the road as it entices them to get out and drive. The price of the ride is posted in the app before you accept the ride.

In large cities where both Uber and Taxi's have thrived as it has increased competition.
Danielson99
Board Meister

Post by Danielson99 »

removed.
Last edited by Triple 6 on Jul 11th, 2018, 7:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: rant. that does not belong here.
Triple 6

Post by Triple 6 »

if you know it's wrong, report it please.
"A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than he loves himself." -- Josh Billings
Even Steven
Guru

Post by Even Steven »

From the updated story:

(she) is very upset and is yelling and over speaking the dispatcher and demands a free ride

Right there it shows the level of care for the disabled man.

LOL

She just wanted something for free - that's why she didn't call any other cab companies.
OKkayak
Walks on Forum Water

Post by OKkayak »

I'm curious as to why there weren't extra medications brought with for the day? Why weren't there extra precautions taken if the individual can be so close to death so quickly?
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

How much extra medications have to be held in reserve for an old man in a wheelchair, expecting a 1 hour round trip?

I have an emergency, "grab and go kit" with 3 days worth of my medications in case of fire, or some other serious disaster.
For a diabetic, their insulin must be refrigerated and maybe needed to be administered by an aid.

Even those that are "close to death", should be given priority assistance, that does not happen.

My father was on oxygen during a power failure and when I called Fortis to ask, "How much longer?" and explained my predicament, so that I could have bottled O2 delivered, their reply was, "call an ambulance".
Bring back the LIKE button.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

alanjh595 wrote:How much extra medications have to be held in reserve for an old man in a wheelchair, expecting a 1 hour round trip?

I have an emergency, "grab and go kit" with 3 days worth of my medications in case of fire, or some other serious disaster.
For a diabetic, their insulin must be refrigerated and maybe needed to be administered by an aid.
actual insulin can be at room temps for 28 days, before it no longer useable
Even those that are "close to death", should be given priority assistance, that does not happen.

My father was on oxygen during a power failure and when I called Fortis to ask, "How much longer?" and explained my predicament, so that I could have bottled O2 delivered, their reply was, "call an ambulance".
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
vinnied
Lord of the Board

Post by vinnied »

I know nobody thinks of it beforehand, but simply checking reviews before using a service for hire can most times, be beneficial in your decision to use them or not
kcabs.jpg
[(4-Hydroxybutyl)azanediyl]di(hexane-6,1-diyl) bis(2-hexyldecanoate), ALC-0315 equivalent, is a ionizable, physiological pH cationic synthetic lipid that is used with other lipids to form lipid nanoparticles(LNP) for drug delivery, For research use only.
Hornswoggle
Fledgling

Post by Hornswoggle »

From updated castanet story

Kelowna Cabs investigated the incident and says it was a matter of miscommunication :135:

What next the homeless people investigating themselves. This city is sad
MAPearce
Buddha of the Board

Post by MAPearce »

In that update it's mentioned that the cab wasn't pre booked . She was going to call for it when they wanted it ...

Or did I re that wrong ??
Liberalism is a disease like cancer.. Once you get it , you can't get rid of it .

Return to “Central Okanagan”