Guy attacks 5 random people with metal bar....

dle
Lord of the Board

Guy attacks 5 random people with metal bar....

Post by dle »

https://www.castanet.net/news/Kelowna/2 ... s-attacked

Just another day in "safe" downtown Kelowna eh? I work downtown - I saw (well heard, first) a kook yelling his head off and f-bombing everyone in site on Lawrence Avenue at around the same time this morning. Don't know if it's the same dude who was attacking the random people with a metal pipe but it was right in that area at the right time. It's also totally possible around there that there were two separate stoned lunatics creating havoc at the same time so who knows. When I went outside to see what the heck the racket was about THIS time, there were people talking to security, and pointing like they were giving an account of something having just happened. More security people were following the jackass down the street and talking on their phones. A young lady had to walk past him on the street and he was aggressive towards her screaming at her and calling her a "*bleep*". After she passed by him he turned around and took a step towards her still calling her names. He then turned back and continued his raving as he worked his way down the street.

I was SO happy to hear that the Downtown Business Association has over 80% - yes 80% - of businesses who want the shelters CLOSED downtown. They've had enough. They no longer want to be the only area in town that has to deal with this and why should they be expected to shoulder the whole sordid mess themselves? They fear for their employees, their customers, their businesses and NO ONE is over-reacting about this. There are definitely people who downplay what actually goes on. This downtown has been allowed to turn into a bloody free-for-all for all the junkies and dealers and crack-pots the City has allowed to overrun the downtown core to become a mini Hastings Street, all with a deaf ear to the pleas of the businesses in the area. Put a shelter like Cornerstone right next to City Hall - see how fast things get whipped into shape then.

I really don't want to hear one more person from the City sweep this disgusting mess our downtown has become under the rug, or rattle on about how it's not that bad, that every city has the same problems, or there's no simple solution, because I can say barely a day will go by without some "incident" involving some stoned out whacko occurring in that area. And no, I don't want to hear about how we have to cut this mornings particular looney some slack because he was obviously under the influence of drugs and so poor thing couldn't possibly know what he was doing. That's just the whole point isn't it?? We are expected to just grin and bear it and feel "empathy" while being bombarded by this crap ad nauseum. The empathy has all dried up.
drex1999
Board Meister

Re: Guy attacks 5 random people with metal bar....

Post by drex1999 »

He sounds outstanding!! I think we should give him free housing and free meals. Then maybe some free needles for his drugs that he can leave in public places and put innocent people at risk. Then we can make him a cart. And give him a locker to put it in!! Then we can build a bum garden lounge downtown for him!

Oh, wait. We already did that.
vegas1500
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by vegas1500 »

It’s amazing how this has been allowed to go on for so long. I hope the downtown businesses can get some thing done. The other day I walked by a man and woman by the court building, sitting on the lawn, shooting each other up. This was at about 1PM. They couldn’t ask for a better place to live.....
voice of reason
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by voice of reason »

yeah downtown is totally not a disease infested craphole
phasyluck
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by phasyluck »

Paradise its called.
Sure do love Rutland!!
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

drex1999 wrote:He sounds outstanding!! I think we should give him free housing and free meals. Then maybe some free needles for his drugs that he can leave in public places and put innocent people at risk. Then we can make him a cart. And give him a locker to put it in!! Then we can build a bum garden lounge downtown for him!

Oh, wait. We already did that.

that's pretty much what all leftwingers want :200:
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

vegas1500 wrote:It’s amazing how this has been allowed to go on for so long. I hope the downtown businesses can get some thing done. The other day I walked by a man and woman by the court building, sitting on the lawn, shooting each other up. This was at about 1PM. They couldn’t ask for a better place to live.....

and were is are useless mayor *bleep* -ran in all of this
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
Tack

Post by Tack »

They need to move all the services out of downtown. I agree with the businesses it's not the right place for homeless services. Move the BC services office and everything else can follow. I don't know where the right place is, everyone will claim NIMBY but it has to go somewhere.
phasyluck
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by phasyluck »

West Kelowna
Sure do love Rutland!!
voice of reason
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by voice of reason »

phasyluck wrote:West Kelowna

no thanks.the bum population exploded over here in the last couple years when the churches started feeding them and giving them a place to sleep. now theres hobo camps along powers creek
lesliepaul
Lord of the Board

Post by lesliepaul »

What is really needed here to maybe bring the needed cleansing to Kelowna...……..a headline like...….."Guy Attacks Kelowna Mayor and 8 Useless City Councilor's".

………...knowing this current council, they would have to turn to their "backers" for advice...…...but only after "approving" something else for them.
phasyluck
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by phasyluck »

Tax free dollars hard at work.
Sure do love Rutland!!
paul1234

Post by paul1234 »

*removed*
Last edited by TreeGuy on Aug 2nd, 2018, 10:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Off Topic
Catri
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Catri »

Tack wrote:They need to move all the services out of downtown. I agree with the businesses it's not the right place for homeless services. Move the BC services office and everything else can follow. I don't know where the right place is, everyone will claim NIMBY but it has to go somewhere.

The "right" place for homeless services is where homeless people live, which is largely downtown. Trying to foist this problem onto other parts of town is definitely not the answer.
Blindeyes2020
Fledgling

Post by Blindeyes2020 »

Where are all the anti gun cry babies. If it was a gun they would be screaming about making guns illegal or banning them. I guess we better ban metal bars now.
Yeah if it was a gun we wouldn't hear the end of it. I like how it's not a big deal he was probably just high on some illicit drugs, it's ok no big deal. B.S.

Return to “Central Okanagan”