Sick of cherries

alanjh595
Banned

Re: Sick of cherries

Post by alanjh595 »

LTD wrote:and your point is ……….. if it was their own property they wouldn't be asking now would they :200:

My concerns were from a legal point.

If someone trespassed on another property to poison a tree, they could be charged with trespassing. If someone was to get sick or died from the fruit from that tree, they could be charged with manslaughter.
Either way, the legal defence costs could be much greater than a mutual resolution.
Until a resolution can be agreed upon, the pruning of the offending branches that are overhanging the property line may be the remedy.
Bring back the LIKE button.
Whyme2
Übergod

Post by Whyme2 »

alanjh595 wrote:
LTD wrote:and your point is ……….. if it was their own property they wouldn't be asking now would they :200:

If someone trespassed on another property to poison a tree, they could be charged with trespassing. If someone was to get sick or died from the fruit from that tree, they could be charged with manslaughter.
Either way, the legal defence costs could be much greater than a mutual resolution.
Until a resolution can be agreed upon, the pruning of the offending branches that are overhanging the property line may be the remedy.

It’s still going to smell horrible regardless. If the whole tree isn’t picked it’s disgusting when they start to rot
vinnied
Lord of the Board

Post by vinnied »

alanjh595 wrote:

agreed. you cant just go onto someone else's property and start vandalizing.
trees between neighbours have been a problem since there's been trees and neighbours. Over time theres been laws put into place for just that reason. Not sure what a mature cherry tree is worth, but people have been on the hook financially for destroying someone else's trees. best to just talk to the neighbour and work something out
[(4-Hydroxybutyl)azanediyl]di(hexane-6,1-diyl) bis(2-hexyldecanoate), ALC-0315 equivalent, is a ionizable, physiological pH cationic synthetic lipid that is used with other lipids to form lipid nanoparticles(LNP) for drug delivery, For research use only.
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

Whyme2 wrote:It’s still going to smell horrible regardless. If the whole tree isn’t picked it’s disgusting when they start to rot

Unfortunately, there is little that can be done for you this year. You will have to deal with it for this season, it's too late to fix this, this year.
Make plans and reparations to address your issues for next year. Killing a tree, this late in the season will just cause a bigger mess than you already have. Better to prevent next year's problem.
voice of reason
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by voice of reason »

youre sick of cherries? i libe right beside an orchard and every time it rains i have a chopper hovering over my house for an hour or so. it was cool the first couple times.now im waiting for him to get tangled up in the powerlines
Scrobins94
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Scrobins94 »

Don't be that guy:

https://www.castanet.net/news/Kelowna/1 ... tter-talks

I'm going to guess Harry de Haas regrets it to this day.

Offer to cut it down for him at your cost, or ask politely for him to maintain it. Or you know what, enjoy a few free cherries or share some with friends, family, or coworkers.

Trees are good for us. Besides providing shade, food and shelter for critters, they also help reduce runoff.

All you people that talk about trespassing, vandalizing, or poisoning another person's property should get a mental check.
Vacancyrate
Banned

Post by Vacancyrate »

Transient wrote:A couple years ago, the house sold to a couple from Alberta that is almost never around. The problem I have is that now nobody maintains the tree.

Our city council seems to think there are no negative consequences to our community by selling off this city to out of town speculators and vacationers. I know this is just a cherry tree, but this is how communities are eroded.

How many F's does a Alberta resident give about the goings on of the community except for the 2-4 weeks they are here for?Schools shut down, traffic issues, wildlife issues - who cares as long as it doesn't affect their precious days off in July?

Tip of the iceberg.
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

WOW...what a stretch. From cherry tree to city council and Alberta residents. WOW
Whyme2
Übergod

Post by Whyme2 »

alanjh595 wrote:
Whyme2 wrote:It’s still going to smell horrible regardless. If the whole tree isn’t picked it’s disgusting when they start to rot

Unfortunately, there is little that can be done for you this year. You will have to deal with it for this season, it's too late to fix this, this year.
Make plans and reparations to address your issues for next year. Killing a tree, this late in the season will just cause a bigger mess than you already have. Better to prevent next year's problem.

I’m not the one wanting to kill a tree, I have the same problem as the poster. :D
Last edited by Whyme2 on Aug 5th, 2018, 7:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Catri
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Catri »

Scrobins94 wrote:Don't be that guy:

https://www.castanet.net/news/Kelowna/1 ... tter-talks

I'm going to guess Harry de Haas regrets it to this day.

Offer to cut it down for him at your cost, or ask politely for him to maintain it. Or you know what, enjoy a few free cherries or share some with friends, family, or coworkers.

Trees are good for us. Besides providing shade, food and shelter for critters, they also help reduce runoff.

All you people that talk about trespassing, vandalizing, or poisoning another person's property should get a mental check.

Either you didn't read the OP or you've never eaten cherries from neglected trees. They're not enjoyable, they are full of worms. Nothing worse than biting a cherry in half and seeing half a worm in the part you're still holding. *shudder*

I'm with you on everything else though.
flamingfingers
Buddha of the Board

Post by flamingfingers »

What's worse is finding HALF a worm in the part of the cherry you are still holding!!!!
Chill
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

flamingfingers wrote:What's worse is finding HALF a worm in the part of the cherry you are still holding!!!!

Yuuuuuuuuk....it's supper time. :raspberry:
flamingfingers
Buddha of the Board

Post by flamingfingers »

Having cricket caramel apples for dessert?
Chill
Jflem1983
Guru

Post by Jflem1983 »

Build a still ?
Now they want to take our guns away . That would be just fine. Take em away from the criminals first . Ill gladly give u mine. "Charlie Daniels"

You have got to stand for something . Or you will fall for anything "Aaron Tippin"
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

Yeah....thanks for that mental image. I haven't eaten in 5 days and I am going to lose this dinner too.

Return to “Central Okanagan”