Didn't know theft a crime?

alanjh595
Banned

Re: Didn't know theft a crime?

Post by alanjh595 »

dle wrote:Kind of like when people put a loonie in a shopping cart and never bring the cart back.....that loonie was not the takeaway (forever) price...
The last time I used a cart, it was $ o.25. Wow, everything has gone up in price.

Trying to weasel out of this silliness
"Trying to weasel out of this silliness" Should add another criminal charge of fraud.
by saying they didn't know it was theft is pretty cowardly
Agreed, not only cowardly, but an open admission of the lack IQ level that should be required to operate a motor vehicle. After all driving is much more complicated and does require a minimum level of IQ and competency.
A monthly driver's exam should be required to ensure that all other drivers are safe on the roadways and the "I didn't know" defence is invalid.

- can the cops add "stupid" to the charges lol?
If "stupidity was a criminal offence, there are so many out there that would get LIFE without any chance of parole.
The fools need to just suck it up and take their lumps ....maybe they should have kept a pair each.....they seem to have misplaced their God-given ones....
I suggest that they had some pretty big ones before they hatched this plan, and now that they have been caught on camera, they should really think about trading in what little they have left for ovaries.

What a sad state we live in that we have the need to have security cameras at a driving range.
Bring back the LIKE button.
Tony
Übergod

Post by Tony »

W105 wrote:really ??? they should lose their jobs over stealing $45 worth of golf balls ?? and you want our court system to be clogged up with $45 worth of theft ??

they got caught, they got plastered all over the media, they made themselves look even more stupid by saying that they didn't know that it was stealing (LOL) and they paid the $45 for the balls...

Well yes... if they are willing to steal golf balls it means that they are willing to steal anything (I know generalization but it's how I work). If I had products that they liked, what's to make them think that they shouldn't think they should take some of that?

It goes to character as well. They didn't think this through. There are consequences for everything that you do in life. Stealing is a criminal offense, and these two are guilty as heck. Theft is theft, whether it's $45 or $4.5 million. My Dad always told me - if you're going to be stupid enough to steal something, make it worthwhile because it will ruin your life either way.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

exactly................
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
W105
Guru

Post by W105 »

your absolutely right Tony...theses dummies need to do hard time...what do you think is a fair sentence ?? maybe 10yrs ?? 15 yrs ??

and most definitely they should never be allowed to work anywhere ever again...
jimmy4321
Guru

Post by jimmy4321 »

Probation 1mth/ball. Lol
Tony
Übergod

Post by Tony »

That would probably teach them a lesson. (sarcasm off)

If someone breaks the law, should there not be consequences? I will admit the severity or the level of the crime should be taken into consideration, but the law is the law. If these guys get away with this, then by the same token, they could walk into a grocery store and steal $45 worth of meat, or into a home improvement store and steal $45 worth of hardware or into a bank a take $45 that isn't in their account. Should they be able to get away with that as well?

Where is the cut off where it becomes a "big" steal $100? $200? $10,000?
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

W105 wrote:your absolutely right Tony...theses dummies need to do hard time...what do you think is a fair sentence ?? maybe 10yrs ?? 15 yrs ??

Tony never said anything about doing hard time and even suggesting the 10 yrs is ludicrous as the term for imprisonment is not to exceed 2 years for theft under $5,000. A fine would be appropriate and replacement of the golf balls.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
jimmy4321
Guru

Post by jimmy4321 »

Why not a whole bunch of community service for being a pair of dumbasses, and also pay the biz for the balls , and some fine that would reflect ALL the taxpayers money burnt up with court and enforcement etc - Put a number on it
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Really doesn't matter now as the business and the thief are working it out. End of story I guess.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
Tony
Übergod

Post by Tony »

Fancy wrote:
W105 wrote:your absolutely right Tony...theses dummies need to do hard time...what do you think is a fair sentence ?? maybe 10yrs ?? 15 yrs ??

Tony never said anything about doing hard time and even suggesting the 10 yrs is ludicrous as the term for imprisonment is not to exceed 2 years for theft under $5,000. A fine would be appropriate and replacement of the golf balls.

Thank you Fancy. Neither did I say they should never work again. I said if they worked for me they'd be fired, as I wouldn't have somebody that blatant about breaking the law working for me. When I got my current job they ran a criminal check, and if I'd been stupid in my youth, it would have come back to bite me.

Consequences, people, consequences. Look further down the road than the end of your nose!
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

https://www.castanet.net/edition/news-s ... htm#234387 MAYBE THESE 2 Might know who did this :smt045
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
mexi cali
Guru

Post by mexi cali »

they paid a more dear price than a hot $45...they were shamed online..isn't that enough ??

Nope. But they'de tell you it was.
Praise the lord and pass the ammunition
mexi cali
Guru

Post by mexi cali »

I think they should have to agree to, on camera, explain to the rest of us the logic behind the "I didn't think it was theft" idea.
Praise the lord and pass the ammunition

Return to “Central Okanagan”