Kelowna's worst park job!!

jimmy4321
Guru

Re: Kelowna's worst park job!!

Post by jimmy4321 »

TreeGuy wrote:I’m not sure a news media outlet should be in the business of parking lot shaming. One dimensional onesided photos.

I don't know it's pretty hard to come up with an acceptable "other side" with at least one of the pics in the link, Like the one parking across 2 disable parking.
Besides there's a whole category on this forum where people *bleep* about stuff like this.
Ken7
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Ken7 »

I think this also goes with the poll in the paper today.

I say we have the most inconsiderate bunch of you know whats in this City. Parking across two handy cap stalls that is pathetic.

Even the number of people who turn left in front of you to the point you must break quickly is terrible.

Yes it's all about me, just like texting and driving.
Zoso
Übergod

Post by Zoso »

I see there is a guy behind the wheel . So its not actually parking . He is probably waiting for his wife . I’m sure ge could have easily moved if he saw a handy tag coming.
Strong and free
hupur
Fledgling

Post by hupur »

Wow ..you got nothing better to do?H he parked for 8 whole minutes! crime of the century...do you realize he had a great big trailer behind him and it was in the early part of the day when no one was needing those spaces.D you realize waht an a**hole you are for making a deal out of this?Where are the screaming handicapped people complaining about this? thought so..get a life
LANDM
Walks on Forum Water

Post by LANDM »

hupur wrote:Wow ..you got nothing better to do?H he parked for 8 whole minutes! crime of the century...do you realize he had a great big trailer behind him and it was in the early part of the day when no one was needing those spaces.D you realize waht an a**hole you are for making a deal out of this?Where are the screaming handicapped people complaining about this? thought so..get a life

The spaces aren’t there for use by anyone "when no one was needing those spaces", contrary to what you seem to think. They are there for use by people in vehicles displaying the appropriate permit. Period.

Do *you* realize what an :cuss: you are for making a deal out of this? Get a life and don’t park in these stalls if you don’t have the permit. For one minute or eight minutes. :-X
You and 71 others Like this post
Ken7
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Ken7 »

hupur wrote:Wow ..you got nothing better to do?H he parked for 8 whole minutes! crime of the century...do you realize he had a great big trailer behind him and it was in the early part of the day when no one was needing those spaces.D you realize waht an a**hole you are for making a deal out of this?Where are the screaming handicapped people complaining about this? thought so..get a life

I guess eight minutes is OK.

Just think if you were physically handicapped should one have to wait for this individual?

I've gone through lots with a much larger trailer, I stop let my wife out and drive around the block parking on the street when possible. It's not that difficult.

Speak to people with real handy caps, not just the sore ankle and you might see it from a different light. IF your daily ride was a wheel chair, you might look at it from another angle.
grapefruit
Fledgling

Post by grapefruit »

LANDM wrote:

The spaces aren’t there for use by anyone "when no one was needing those spaces", contrary to what you seem to think. They are there for use by people in vehicles displaying the appropriate permit. Period.

Do *you* realize what an :cuss: you are for making a deal out of this? Get a life and don’t park in these stalls if you don’t have the permit. For one minute or eight minutes. :-X

Excuse me, but I'm one of those "screaming handicapped people" and yes I'd be annoyed. I wouldn't however be rude and verbally abusive as you appear to be. Try getting out of your car, setting up your wheelchair in a narrow spot and then not being anywhere near the access ramp. Oh and don't forget you aren't anywhere close to the store.
I think it is you Sir who needs to "get a life". I thank all the other poster's for sticking up for us "screaming handicapped people"......we're such a noisy bunch :130:
TMBOkanagan
Fledgling

Post by TMBOkanagan »

Symbonite wrote:I would like to see an aerial view of the parking lot to get the whole picture.

I could park my car in a handi spot and take a picture of my car in there....but to bring out the whole picture..the parking lot is empty on a sunday morning at 5 am....

but to be fair i guess because he was towing a trailer that he should have just stopped in the laneway and run in there and that most people couldn't get around.

I don't think the liquor store that he was visiting is open on Sunday at 5 am....
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

Symbonite wrote:I would like to see an aerial view of the parking lot to get the whole picture.

Here you go. There was one small change since the photo was taken, and that is, the handicapped spot on the far right has been moved to the center right of where the crosswalk is.

Capture.JPG

Here is a view of the entire parking lot.

Capture2.JPG
Bring back the LIKE button.
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

I have marked in RED where the boat was seen.

Capture2.JPG

Over 2 handicapped spots and the painted sidewalk.
mexi cali
Guru

Post by mexi cali »

The only people who would defend that type of behavior at all are in all likelihood the type who do this sort of stupid assssed stuff themselves and think nothing of it.

What do you mean "early part of the day when no one was needing those spaces"? Do disabilities come with time limits? Does your disability not kick in until later in the day?

How do you know if any of the previous posters are not handicapped themselves?

Did you stop taking your medication?
Praise the lord and pass the ammunition
Fledgling

Post by 7600736 »

Typical entitled, "It's all about me" Kelowna attitude.
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

8 whole minutes ? How many minutes would it have taken that able bodied person to park 3 whole minutes of walking time away ? 3 whole minutes on one day of inconvenience before heading out on a boat for the day ? Do you have any idea what a person with mobility issues has to give up for the rest of their life ? Would that inconsiderate person give up 3 minutes of inconvenience in exchange for a wheelchair for the rest of their life ?

The person in a wheelchair would very gladly change places to be able to walk without wheels or pain ever again, not to mention the ability to go for a boat ride without others having to life him in and out of the boat.

I hope that this inconsiderate a :cuss: hole falls off his wake board and breaks his spine. Let's see how inconsiderate he is after that ?

Return to “Central Okanagan”