Re: Car Rammed In Road Rage

JLives
Buddha of the Board

Post by JLives »

It's about FLOW. You shouldn't need to look up anything. Travel in the right lane unless you are passing. No matter the road or the speed limit. It has nothing to do with laws or regulations and everything to do with not being a d*ck.
"Every dollar you spend is a vote for what you believe in."
"My country is the world, and my religion is to do good."
dominik
Fledgling

Post by dominik »

I am not sure what to make of this one.

The damage is consistent with a very low object pressing/pushing in parts of the rocker panel and frame. There is some paint transfer to the rear there, but the question of angle of impact etc. comes into play, I am concerned that the damage is seemingly only in that lower section and only between the T pillar.

I figure the doors may be dented at the lower panel but it is hard to say, not knowing the exact offending vehicle or the vehicle she was driving.

Personally could I imagine this happening? Yes I could, are there some questions left wide open? Definitely, but since we are talking about a new driver and teenager the inconsitencies could come from inexperience.
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

GordonH wrote:Having laws MVA is one thing, problem being if RCMP (in this case) are not enforcing it. Really doesn't matter does it.
The problem on westside was damn poor planning by MOTI, impo ever traffic light from Bering to the bridge should have been underpasses.

The police can not be everywhere all the time, unless you are willing to pay for it.
Bring back the LIKE button.
my5cents
Guru

Post by my5cents »

I remember being a witness (sort of) to an intersection collision.

I was facing toward an intersection controlled by a three phase traffic light, I was stopped near the curb looking down attending to something. I heard a crash and looked up and saw two vehicle spinning in the intersection 100 metres ahead of my location. I could only see the light on the street I was on (a one way street) the light I could see was green and I counted out the seconds until the light I could see went yellow and then finally red.

I determined that the light for the street I was on was in the middle of the green phase when I heard the crash. I proceeded to the intersection. By then the two vehicles in damaged conditions were in a ground level parking lot. There were three females standing talking. Two young females had been in one car and a middle aged woman in the other.

The middle aged woman looked like a business woman, she was mad. Her vehicle was a small but luxury vehicle. The young girls had occupied a low end older compact.

The middle aged woman : "Just look at my car it's a mess,,,,,,"

I asked : "What happened ?"

Middle aged woman : "She went through the red light and I couldn't avoid her, just look at my car...."

Young female driver : "I'm pretty sure my light was green, all of a sudden this lady's car hit me."

From that, I thought to myself if I didn't know that the car travelling on the street I was on had a green light, I would have given the benefit of the doubt to the older more experience driver who was sure the color of the light, verses the young inexperienced driver who didn't give the impression she was as sure of the color of her light.

Without my observations the statements of the drivers wouldn't be enough to establish who went through the red and of course liability. There were no witnesses other than me.

ICBC would have gone 50/50, but someone had a green light ! (the passenger(s) in either vehicle don't give more weight to the evidence of the driver, their not independent)

I then established who was travelling on the street I was on.

Who had the green ?

The younger driver.

So just because one driver has many years of experience and the other a new driver, doesn't mean the experience driver is necessarily the one not at fault or telling the truth.
"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it"
tsayta
Lord of the Board

Post by tsayta »

Agree 100!!!
I have learned that to be with those I like is enough.
WW
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

There seems to be a big "hang-up" on the age of the other driver, since it was mentioned several times in the statement.
basing personal opinions upon age, is biased.
Bring back the LIKE button.
vinnied
Lord of the Board

Post by vinnied »

I'm with the damage seems a bit weird crowd. Very low on the car. Some pretty deep scratches all along that rocker.
Heres a scenario to ponder. Girl does hit and run. He tries to catch up with her. She turns the story 180 degrees. Just a thought. But yeah damage is weird.
[(4-Hydroxybutyl)azanediyl]di(hexane-6,1-diyl) bis(2-hexyldecanoate), ALC-0315 equivalent, is a ionizable, physiological pH cationic synthetic lipid that is used with other lipids to form lipid nanoparticles(LNP) for drug delivery, For research use only.
MAPearce
Buddha of the Board

Post by MAPearce »

JLives wrote:It's about FLOW. You shouldn't need to look up anything. Travel in the right lane unless you are passing. No matter the road or the speed limit. It has nothing to do with laws or regulations and everything to do with not being a d*ck.

Last time I said that to a cop .... It didn't go over so well .

It has EVERYTHING to do with the law
Liberalism is a disease like cancer.. Once you get it , you can't get rid of it .
cuba108
Fledgling

Post by cuba108 »

GordonH wrote:There is segment of drivers who have a total lack of patients, impo they need to seek out help for their anger issues.

So this was a Doctor angry because he lost patients?
If no one has died on the table, you have not done enough surgeries.
kingsandman
Übergod

Post by kingsandman »

If you watch the video, you can clearly see it’s a 4 door and there’s an “SS” emblem on the front door.
That leaves one car, Chevrolet Cobalt SS. Pick your picture here, https://www.google.ca/search?q=4+door+c ... 20&bih=454

Sorry, but ANY VW “ramming” that thing in the side is going to leave some trace of damage to the Cobalt’s doors.
She refers to stopping for pedestrians MULTIPLE times and no one has pegged this mystery VW driver?

I’ll say it again, something doesn’t add up.

I’ll take “things that didn’t happen” for $500 please Alex......
Model citizen......zero discipline.
normaM
The Pilgrim

Post by normaM »

I am surprised her friend who called the RCMP also did snap a few pictures of the vehicle ( and the man when he was banging on the window and trying to open the door)
At that time of day usually a lot of traffic - surely there are some witnesses.
Reads like she changed into his lane and cut him off.. he has a short fuse if there is a "he"
If there was a Loser contest you'd come in second
jimmy4321
Guru

Post by jimmy4321 »

If you try driving in Kelowna to the letter of the law as you would if you had an "N" on your car, it's just a matter of time some roid raging P O S is gonna lose it on you - I try all the time and sometimes it's not worth it
Anyway it sounds like it went on for a bit so video footage shouldn't be that hard to come by.
tsayta
Lord of the Board

Post by tsayta »

Come on castanet. You have her contact details. For once please do a follow up story on this one. We demand it! Let us off the hook with all this speculation. Did they catch the bad guy? Did she lie to her mom and now she's grounded?
I have learned that to be with those I like is enough.
WW
vinnied
Lord of the Board

Post by vinnied »

Im trying to figure out she would have to hit to leave that kind of damage. Some of those marks are black. A curb wouldn't leave black marks. There are also some pretty deep gouges.
[(4-Hydroxybutyl)azanediyl]di(hexane-6,1-diyl) bis(2-hexyldecanoate), ALC-0315 equivalent, is a ionizable, physiological pH cationic synthetic lipid that is used with other lipids to form lipid nanoparticles(LNP) for drug delivery, For research use only.
dominik
Fledgling

Post by dominik »

vinnied wrote:Im trying to figure out she would have to hit to leave that kind of damage. Some of those marks are black. A curb wouldn't leave black marks. There are also some pretty deep gouges.

I know, I have been trying to wrap my head around that. While the marks seem gray, the black could be part of the plastic in the rocker panel (assumption on the material by me). The hight could indicate a concrete block in a parking lot but the identical dents in front and rear floor chassis and not doors would invalidate that idea.

It is just weird considering it seems to repetitive similar damage on the same page. I am still not saying that the sideswiping isn't possible it just seems weirdly unlikely based on the damage. Door panels especially in that area don't tend to flex back much due to the way they are reinforced there.

I definitely don't want to make the driver here seem like she is trying to hide something but I suspect there is something more to this story which either has been missed or not been asked.

Return to “Central Okanagan”