No atmosphere at Mellencamp.

Jflem1983
Guru

No atmosphere at Mellencamp.

Post by Jflem1983 »

Really sad. Our city is populated by thousands of apparently walking corpses. Huge let down to what should have been a fun night. Could have listened to the radio had a better time. Kelowna. Wake up. You are not dead yet.
Now they want to take our guns away . That would be just fine. Take em away from the criminals first . Ill gladly give u mine. "Charlie Daniels"

You have got to stand for something . Or you will fall for anything "Aaron Tippin"
MAPearce
Buddha of the Board

Re: No atmosphere at Mellencamp.

Post by MAPearce »

Poor sized crowd or were they just not in to it ???

Not really a fan of his ..
Liberalism is a disease like cancer.. Once you get it , you can't get rid of it .
Jflem1983
Guru

Post by Jflem1983 »

MAPearce wrote:Poor sized crowd or were they just not in to it ???

Not really a fan of his ..

Both. What a let down. It was the crowd not the performer
Now they want to take our guns away . That would be just fine. Take em away from the criminals first . Ill gladly give u mine. "Charlie Daniels"

You have got to stand for something . Or you will fall for anything "Aaron Tippin"
MAPearce
Buddha of the Board

Post by MAPearce »

Yeah , that's kinda sad ...

Cant understand people buying a ticket for a show and not having some fun ..
Liberalism is a disease like cancer.. Once you get it , you can't get rid of it .
W105
Guru

Post by W105 »

everybody I know who went had a blast !! gotta remember Johnny has an older fan base...
Jflem1983
Guru

Post by Jflem1983 »

Gord Lightfoot played to a bunch of 90 year olds. They were rocking compared to the corpses at prospera last night.

There was zero energy in the building. No electricity. It was totally dead. He didnt even bother with an encore. Probably will never come back

Bpeep
Mindquad

Post by Bpeep »

You can usually tell if peeps are enjoying a geezer concert when they tap or clap out of time.
Seeking the apartment that is creating leasing interest concerns knowledgeable seclusive morons excessively.
mpom

Post by mpom »

His recorded show from the Chicago Theatre(2018) did not have an encore either. That was my 3rd time seeing J. Mellencamp, all about 10 years apart. Solid music and a well performed show, we thought. I was mildly amazed that there was no weed smell until afterwards, outside.
WalterWhite
Lord of the Board

Post by WalterWhite »

Apparently no one from Castanet thought the show was worth covering as no mention or write up as yet.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

On the other hand, I was at an excellent party last night :130: Lots of atmosphere.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
Loki2u
Board Meister

Post by Loki2u »

Queen K wrote:On the other hand, I was at an excellent party last night :130: Lots of atmosphere.

I must not have received my invite. :135:

Damn postal strike! [icon_lol2.gif]
You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your INFORMED opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant. -Harlan Ellison-
Anonymous123
Lord of the Board

Post by Anonymous123 »

WalterWhite wrote:Apparently no one from Castanet thought the show was worth covering as no mention or write up as yet.

They're off for the weekend.
Be careful when you follow the masses.
Sometimes the M is silent
MAPearce
Buddha of the Board

Post by MAPearce »

Queen K wrote:On the other hand, I was at an excellent party last night :130: Lots of atmosphere.

I don't get invited to parties anymore ...

Must be my my attitude here on Castanet .....
Lady tehMa
A Peer of the Realm

Post by Lady tehMa »

I hear there were a few rowdies there, and someone I know saw at least 6 people kicked out for various reasons (smoking pot indoors, aggressive or inappropriate behaviour)
I haven't failed until I quit.
Ken7
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Ken7 »

Jflem1983 wrote:Gord Lightfoot played to a bunch of 90 year olds. They were rocking compared to the corpses at prospera last night.

There was zero energy in the building. No electricity. It was totally dead. He didnt even bother with an encore. Probably will never come back

Was the crowd all eating Cheetos or Doritos? Maybe that was the cause...mellow.

Return to “Central Okanagan”