Squirrel Power Outage Statistics

Nationalpro
Fledgling

Squirrel Power Outage Statistics

Post by Nationalpro »

In case any one is interested in how squirrel attacks pose a threat to the internet, infrastructure and services greater than that of terrorist attacks.

60-YEARS-in-Ktown
Guru

Re: Squirrel Power Outage Statistics

Post by 60-YEARS-in-Ktown »

I think we need a pic of the squirrel or it didnt happen... :130:
I'd like to help You OUT,
Which way did You come in??
Omnitheo
Guru

Post by Omnitheo »

Here’s the electric squirrel:

"Dishwashers, the dishwasher, right? You press it. Remember the dishwasher, you press it, there'd be like an explosion. Five minutes later you open it up the steam pours out, the dishes -- now you press it 12 times, women tell me again." - Trump
bigtimeoperations
Board Meister

Post by bigtimeoperations »

Twice this year there has been a power outage from the Richter/Saucier substation because of a squirrel. Not just that, they are eating stuff in my garden, most notably ALL my strawberries. :-X They even got past the chicken wire I tried to use to defend my garden. Every year they decimate my neighbors hazelnuts before they're even ripe!! I live near Mill Creek, so my area is a hot spot for the little buggers. Time for a cull!
Don't Vancouver our Kelowna!
Andy S
Board Meister

Post by Andy S »

They laugh at the idea of ~culling~. Very hard to catch, and poison is not an option. Sub-stations need better critter protection maybe.
Attachments
Jul16_17_01A.jpg
One can always reason with reason.
WalterWhite
Lord of the Board

Post by WalterWhite »

It’s not just squirrels, there’s been several outages in the past few years attributed to birds also. I agree, maybe some design concepts into how to better protect such vital infrastructure from such a minute threat.
Omnitheo
Guru

Post by Omnitheo »

Or as other poster suggested we just cull them. Cull all the squirrels. Cull all the birds. Let’s cull all the deer too since they might also eat ALL the strawberries.

This is OUR city, not the birds, or the squirrels, or the raccoons or coyotes. Kelowna is for humans, as god intended for this valley.
"Dishwashers, the dishwasher, right? You press it. Remember the dishwasher, you press it, there'd be like an explosion. Five minutes later you open it up the steam pours out, the dishes -- now you press it 12 times, women tell me again." - Trump
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

I know you're being satirical Omni.

But has anyone seen my special agent squirrel? Answers to the name of Rocky.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
Mark1111
Board Meister

Post by Mark1111 »

Queen K wrote:I know you're being satirical Omni.

But has anyone seen my special agent squirrel? Answers to the name of Rocky.

He won't be any help. He's being held at the Russian embassy guarded by Boris and Natasha at the moment. But Bullwinkle's on it!
If you want to test a man's character, give him power.
A. Lincoln
mb1000
Fledgling

Post by mb1000 »

I guess it's safe to assume the squirrel didn't fair so well when it "came in contact" with the equipment. [icon_lol2.gif]
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

:cry: Rocky, oh Rocky, Rest in Peace, my brown eyed squirrel.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
Nationalpro
Fledgling

Post by Nationalpro »

Omnitheo wrote:Or as other poster suggested we just cull them. Cull all the squirrels. Cull all the birds. Let’s cull all the deer too since they might also eat ALL the strawberries.

This is OUR city, not the birds, or the squirrels, or the raccoons or coyotes. Kelowna is for humans, as god intended for this valley.

Here in Calgary they've banned housecats from going outdoors as they are one of the top killers of birds. Investing in wind energy is another killer.
Omnitheo
Guru

Post by Omnitheo »

Nationalpro wrote:
Omnitheo wrote:Or as other poster suggested we just cull them. Cull all the squirrels. Cull all the birds. Let’s cull all the deer too since they might also eat ALL the strawberries.

Here in Calgary they've banned housecats from going outdoors as they are one of the top killers of birds. Investing in wind energy is another killer.

Not really.

http://theconversation.com/wind-farms-a ... -why-79567
MAPearce
Buddha of the Board

Post by MAPearce »

Kinda like banning free speak in the name of Islamophobia ???

Let the eastern grey squirrel live , don't kill it . It has the RIGHT to live ( where once native western red squirrels lived , but hey , they are only abusing their "red privilege " but who cares ? Let the Greys move in and exterminate the Reds , they're fleeing a war torn country and to speak up about the Greys abuses would be intolerant "....
Liberalism is a disease like cancer.. Once you get it , you can't get rid of it .
Tootsie
Board Meister

Post by Tootsie »

To Queen K:

Take solace in the fact that Rocky will live on forever. In our hearts and on the radio on Okanagan Oldies 103.9. The exact same thing upset Van Morrison so much that he actually had a very famous song about it. "Brown Eyed Squirrel". It did remarkably well on the charts too. :biggrin:

Return to “Central Okanagan”