Mission Group's U-Two Building Flooded

Scrobins94
Generalissimo Postalot

Mission Group's U-Two Building Flooded

Post by Scrobins94 »

I've seen the quality of Mission Group's projects and I must say I am not entirely surprised. Apparently one of their buildings in their U-District by the university has had to vacate all its occupants due to concerns of mould problems from the flooding of their homes. 112 units vacated right during midterms.

Research online shows that this project was completed in 2016, I am wondering if they are using the same trades for their new projects? I'd be concerned if I'd had bought into any of the other Mission Group's projects. And boy do they have a few on the go now.
Scrobins94
Generalissimo Postalot

Re: Mission Group's U-Two Building Flooded

Post by Scrobins94 »

Actually surprised this happened Feb 4 and Castanet hasn't covered it.

Video:
https://twitter.com/MackBrittonBC/statu ... 67712?s=20
one wheel
Übergod

Post by one wheel »

Doesn't all plumbing in Canada require a Registered CSA Approved Certification before being used ?

How is it possible to have a plumbing failure in a building that's not even 5 years old ?

Was the job done by Qualified RED SEAL installers & signed off by a City of Kelowna Building Inspector ?

Or is the real truth that the Tradesmen were given substandard cheap products to install & the flood resulted ?

That CSA Approved Certification should be a guarantee of quality that builders, inspectors or the public can trust to be reliable & trouble free.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

Sounds like corners cut so someone can save money, not necessarily pass those savings onto residents (instead pocketed it).
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

do inspectors and engineers not sign off on the work done properly ? :200: [icon_lol2.gif] welcome to kelowna were most of them are paid extra to look the other way
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

one wheel wrote:Doesn't all plumbing in Canada require a Registered CSA Approved Certification before being used ?

How is it possible to have a plumbing failure in a building that's not even 5 years old ?

Was the job done by Qualified RED SEAL installers & signed off by a City of Kelowna Building Inspector ?

Or is the real truth that the Tradesmen were given substandard cheap products to install & the flood resulted ?

That CSA Approved Certification should be a guarantee of quality that builders, inspectors or the public can trust to be reliable & trouble free.

well when most of the trade guys working on these building were found at are local temp agencies thats what happens
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
phasyluck
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by phasyluck »

I have many friends in the trades around the Kelowna area and I hear some pretty funny stuff, theres hacks in all trades thats for sure.
Sure do love Rutland!!
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

phasyluck wrote:I have many friends in the trades around the Kelowna area and I hear some pretty funny stuff, theres hacks in all trades thats for sure.

more so than people can even begin to imagine , and stories like this prove it.........
Urban Cowboy
Guru

Post by Urban Cowboy »

the truth wrote:
one wheel wrote:Doesn't all plumbing in Canada require a Registered CSA Approved Certification before being used ?

well when most of the trade guys working on these building were found at are local temp agencies thats what happens

Proof?

Couldn't possibly be an unsubstantiated alarmist comment now could it? :biggrin:

FYI history has shown that sometimes industries actually use products that passed necessary quality inspections, yet over time proved to be junk, so hardly the trades person at fault when the industry embraced the product(s). Polybutylene water supply piping comes to mind, yet at one time it was viewed as the piping of the future by the industry.
“Not All Those Who Wander Are Lost" - Tolkien
phasyluck
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by phasyluck »

Oh come on poly b was the bomb!!
Sure do love Rutland!!
Urban Cowboy
Guru

Post by Urban Cowboy »

phasyluck wrote:Oh come on poly b was the bomb!!

Sure was........... https://www.squareoneinsurance.com/kitec-plumbing

My point just to be clear, is that regardless of industry, changes are constantly being implemented where products are concerned, but often after a few years pass, it becomes apparent that the product is perhaps not as great as was made out to be.

When new products are introduced there's always a bunch of hype surrounding them, regarding how good they are, how long they will last, yada yada yada, but it takes actual time to be able to confirm many of those claims, and often by the time the problems surface, the manufacturer has already come and gone.

One of the most notable current examples, is all the issue consumers are having, with rodents eating automotive parts, that are made of a corn component, in order to embrace a green focused point in time, which seems like a great idea, but maybe not, for those repeatedly out thousands of dollars in repair bills, because they don't have a garage to protect their vehicle.
“Not All Those Who Wander Are Lost" - Tolkien
Am123

Post by Am123 »

the truth wrote:do inspectors and engineers not sign off on the work done properly ? :200: [icon_lol2.gif] welcome to kelowna were most of them are paid extra to look the other way

Actually, they seldom even get out of their cars...probably under paid and over bullsh1ted.
vinnied
Lord of the Board

Post by vinnied »

i cant believe there is 112 units in that building and not one occupant noticed the water until the whole building was damaged.
[(4-Hydroxybutyl)azanediyl]di(hexane-6,1-diyl) bis(2-hexyldecanoate), ALC-0315 equivalent, is a ionizable, physiological pH cationic synthetic lipid that is used with other lipids to form lipid nanoparticles(LNP) for drug delivery, For research use only.
one wheel
Übergod

Post by one wheel »

Don't worry it's all covered by Insurance & it provides employment & if the same crap is used again everyone involved will be able to redo it all again in another 4 years.

It's a perfect - make work project.
motokelowna1
Übergod

Post by motokelowna1 »

vinnied wrote:i cant believe there is 112 units in that building and not one occupant noticed the water until the whole building was damaged.

They were busy studying for exams and looking at their phones .
I personally will never live in an apartment have to rely on too many others for my safety.

Return to “Central Okanagan”