Gray won’t show

DblDwn11
Fledgling

Gray won’t show

Post by DblDwn11 »

https://www.castanet.net/edition/news-story-252240-1-.htm#252240

Apparently this lady running for political office is too scared to show up to a friendly forum.

Don’t understand what could be illegal about introducing yourself to people and answering questions. Obviously the fear runs pretty deep.

I’m not a conservative but if I was, I’d be second guessing whether I should have a candidate afraid of their own shadow.

I mean really, who gets legal opinions to squeeze out of going to a forum?
OKkayak
Walks on Forum Water

Re: Gray won’t show

Post by OKkayak »

DblDwn11 wrote:I mean really, who gets legal opinions to squeeze out of going to a forum?

People who do their homework?

Maybe she has a legitimate concern, maybe not. But to say she's afraid of her own shadow without knowing any facts of the possible legality issues raised is pretty silly.
Last edited by OKkayak on Mar 23rd, 2019, 12:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
WalterWhite
Lord of the Board

Post by WalterWhite »

DblDwn11 wrote:https://www.castanet.net/edition/news-story-252240-1-.htm#252240

Apparently this lady running for political office is too scared to show up to a friendly forum.

Don’t understand what could be illegal about introducing yourself to people and answering questions. Obviously the fear runs pretty deep.

I’m not a conservative but if I was, I’d be second guessing whether I should have a candidate afraid of their own shadow.

I mean really, who gets legal opinions to squeeze out of going to a forum?

Doesn’t sound like something she’s making up because she’s “too scared”. Did you read the article?

"I have been informed, based on multiple legal opinions, that this event may contravene the Canada Elections Act and is not a Kelowna-Lake Country Conservative EDA sanctioned event. I have been advised that participating in this event may hold me in contravention of the Canada Elections Act."

Sounds more like Wasylyk didn’t do her homework and gets caught looking like she’s trying to pull a cheap publicity stunt.
baron1963

Post by baron1963 »

Remember that Wasylyk was the candidate who made the inference that Andrew Sheer had endorsed her and also that there would be a cabinet post awaiting. My question is should not the debates be organized by the local riding organization? If I was Gray I would be a little suspicious of this friendly debate
SoyChai
Fledgling

Post by SoyChai »

Gray is probably aware that Wasylyk will have her Prayer Army (it's real - they have a Facebook group for her) ready and waiting in the wings to attack. We caught some of her speaking at the curling club while we were there for CURLING and the wing nuts were definitely present.

Plus, Wasylyk promoting it prior to acceptance by Gray is slimy. And if it could violate the elections act, this is a smart move by Gray.
normaM
The Pilgrim

Post by normaM »

Soy - can't find it and need to read it, pls PM the link
If there was a Loser contest you'd come in second
WalterWhite
Lord of the Board

Post by WalterWhite »

normaM wrote:Soy - can't find it and need to read it, pls PM the link

Check your PM norma.
It's a closed group.

A WarPrayer site to establish a spiritual military footprint around Renee Merrifield Wasylyk, the Lord's Point Woman for reclaiming Kelowna's Godly heritage thru the CPC. Our weapon systems are not material but formidable and unfettered, having been received from the Heavenly battle space.
WalterWhite
Lord of the Board

Post by WalterWhite »

The more I read that mission statement, the more truly concerned I become. Just what the world needs, another religious zealot holding public office.
TJSmith
Übergod

Post by TJSmith »

SoyChai wrote:Gray is probably aware that Wasylyk will have her Prayer Army (it's real - they have a Facebook group for her) ready and waiting in the wings to attack. We caught some of her speaking at the curling club while we were there for CURLING and the wing nuts were definitely present.

Plus, Wasylyk promoting it prior to acceptance by Gray is slimy. And if it could violate the elections act, this is a smart move by Gray.

That’s just bizarre stuff.
LANDM
Walks on Forum Water

Post by LANDM »

Wow....I thought perhaps the Facebook site was a joke or a fake but they are serious! :200:

:cuss: that is scary.
You and 71 others Like this post
WalterWhite
Lord of the Board

Post by WalterWhite »

Anonymous123
Lord of the Board

Post by Anonymous123 »

WalterWhite wrote:For those interested:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/2159617804368370/

YIKES!
Be careful when you follow the masses.
Sometimes the M is silent
DblDwn11
Fledgling

Re:Gray won’t show

Post by DblDwn11 »

This page looks fake.....probably made by her opponent in a pathetic attempt to discredit her.

Seems that Gray doesn’t think she can win without cheap tricks and diversion.

If I had to choose, I’d rather go with the person not afraid to be accountable.
SamSeaborn

Post by SamSeaborn »

Who cares if some people want to pray for Wasylyk?

When did having sound principles and belief become a liability. At least Wasylyk isn’t scared to speak publicly and take questions. I too was at the curling club event and the mix of people were everyday Canadians and the discussion was about how to get a pipeline built and the economy back on track..nothing unusual that I don’t hear at Timmy’s every day.

The fact that I don’t see Gray out there talking about these things worries me and is why I’ll be voting for Wasylyk.
baron1963

Post by baron1963 »

Tracy Gray showed up at our household about 4 months ago. She talked issues with us - we are so unhappy with Trudeau’s Liberals that my wife and I joined the Conservative party. We were undecided on who to endorse but after Renee tried to pull that cheap stunt to imply she was endorsed by Andrew Sheer we decided on Ms. Gray. The ethical behaviour of the candidate is very important to us.

Return to “Central Okanagan”