re "msg from concerned driver"

Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Re: re "msg from concerned driver"

Post by Fancy »

From the story it appears the driver was trying to pass the BMW to merge. That doesn't sound safe either.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
LTD
Lord of the Board

Post by LTD »

Fancy wrote:From the story it appears the driver was trying to pass the BMW to merge. That doesn't sound safe either.

exactly it sounds like aggressive driving to me from both parties
Cynthia Pelletier

Post by Cynthia Pelletier »

LTD wrote:sounds to me like instead of merging in behind this guy was trying to get one more spot ahead like so many idiots here do and was squeezing himself and the other guy out, definitely more to this story people dont just randomly force people off the road

And then there are the *bleep* that see you need to merge and drive faster to get ahead of you...yep more to this story than that. Works both ways. Merging should be pretty simple yet people do not let anyone in.
Cynthia Pelletier

Post by Cynthia Pelletier »

Fancy wrote:From the story it appears the driver was trying to pass the BMW to merge. That doesn't sound safe either.

and how do you know that he wasn't already ahead of the BMW and the BMW just had to drive faster to not let him in? UGH!
OKkayak
Walks on Forum Water

Post by OKkayak »

Cynthia Pelletier wrote:and how do you know that he wasn't already ahead of the BMW and the BMW just had to drive faster to not let him in? UGH!

According to the melodramatic article:

Marcotte had his family in the vehicle and as the lanes were merging into one, he tried to move over.

“As I went to pass him this young kid in his BMW cranked his wheel and he tried to run me off the road,” he said through tears.
LTD
Lord of the Board

Post by LTD »

Cynthia Pelletier wrote:

and how do you know that he wasn't already ahead of the BMW and the BMW just had to drive faster to not let him in? UGH!

in his own words "as I went to pass him" kinda sounds like he wasn't ahead of him and was trying to get pole position
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Cynthia Pelletier wrote:and how do you know that he wasn't already ahead of the BMW and the BMW just had to drive faster to not let him in? UGH!

UGH is right - did you read the article? OKkayak highlighted it.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
Kelowna_Born
Fledgling

Post by Kelowna_Born »

Tried to be the COOL-DAD and race up were the lane was ending and pass a BMW at the last second. He drove so far up the right-ending-lane, COOL-DAD pushed himself into the bike lane.

BMW guy is an aggressive punk kid and shows OLD-DAD in low-powered Dodge Journey who was boss.

Why the he!! did OLD-DAD try to race up, right until the lane ends and pass a car with your friggin kiddies in the back seat.

Fall back, be a father, be a real man, and not a cry-baby. The RCMP did nothing because they know damn well you raced up to pass the BMW and tried to squeeze the BMW into the Center Meridian.
Last edited by Kelowna_Born on Apr 18th, 2019, 8:45 pm, edited 3 times in total.
OKkayak
Walks on Forum Water

Post by OKkayak »

Kelowna_Born wrote:Tried to be the COOL-DAD and race up were the lane was ending and pass a BMW at the last second. He rove so far up the right-ending-lane, COOL-DAD pushed himself into the bike lane.

BMW guy is an aggressive punk kid and shows OLD-DAD in low-powered Dodge Caliber who was boss.

Why the he!! did OLD-DAD try to race up right until the lane ends and pass a car with your friggin kiddies in the back seat.

Fall back, be a father, be a real man and not a cry-baby. The RCMP did nothing because they know damn well you raced up to pass the BMW and tried to squeeze the BMW into the Center Meridian.

The correct/safest/fastest way to merge is for the right lane vehicles to drive all the way to the end, one moves over to the left lane, the next vehicle in the left lane proceeds, the next vehicle in the right lane merges behind them and so on. Its called a Zipper Merge and is standard practice everywhere. It's not always to do with being a "cool dad", usually it's about efficiency.
Last edited by OKkayak on Apr 18th, 2019, 11:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kelowna_Born
Fledgling

Post by Kelowna_Born »

At 8PM on that lonely stretch of road OLD-DAD had to ZIPPER-MERGE to be efficient??????????

I travel that road twice a day and always see idiots trying to get 1 car ahead in a group of 10 cars and end up in the Bike-Lane and almost in the ditch trying to be cool.

Don't worry OLD-DAD. Mommy PVR'ed "The Curse of Oak Island" for you and she can always microwave your Macaroni and Hotdogs when you pull in 3 seconds late!
Last edited by Kelowna_Born on Apr 18th, 2019, 10:25 am, edited 3 times in total.
mexi cali
Guru

Post by mexi cali »

You can't excuse the young driver no matter what but, based on the layout of the one sided story, my guess is that this fellow was driving in the right lane across Union? (not sure if that's the intersection) when it does end and proceeded to flow into what was the left lane. The young feller may have been surprised and maybe over reacted, who knows. That exact scenario has happened to me with me being in the left lane because I know that the right disappears because I have been through it a thousand times and I can understand the signs.

Drivers tend to wait until they are through the intersection before they attempt to merge which can cause anger from those who are trying to get ahead of the right lane drivers who are usually the slow movers. Now they are in front of a line of impatient hot heads who are pisssed that they have to follow this car for likely a long way.

Not an excuse but whether it is right or not, people get angry when stuff like this happens.
Praise the lord and pass the ammunition
Hassel99
Lord of the Board

Post by Hassel99 »

TreeGuy wrote:
Not really. If you have a description and plate number to report the police will contact the driver or send a warning letter. My folks did this and heard back afterwards from the police with a follow up. Mrs. Tree and I were almost taken out by a drifting driver that lost control down town Westbank when we were out for a walk. I found the car in a driveway near by and reported all the information to the police through the non emergency number.

Did they charge them?

Contact the driver or send a warning letter is not a charge.
Temet Nosce
Board Meister

Post by Temet Nosce »

Exactly.....I call bull on this he should have just went behind instead of trying to get in front of the other driver who has the right of way. This happened to me yesterday at the same intersection and happens regularly. I was in the left lane with no one behind me and cars in front. A few merged in front of us and it was bumper to bumper basically and then a third vehicle Instead of merging in behind like most would she steps on it and tries to race in front and merge in between me and a car in front of me at the end of the merge lane. There were NO cars behind me she could have easily just went behind but no she tried an unsafe merge--probably exactly what happened here. This happens ALL the time at that intersection. People in the right lane floor it through the light and it is a very short merge lane and they try to race in front of everyone and merge in an unsafe manner.
mexi cali
Guru

Post by mexi cali »

Temet Nosce wrote:

Exactly.....I call bull on this he should have just went behind instead of trying to get in front of the other driver who has the right of way. This happened to me yesterday at the same intersection and happens regularly. I was in the left lane with no one behind me and cars in front. A few merged in front of us and it was bumper to bumper basically and then a third vehicle Instead of merging in behind like most would she steps on it and tries to race in front and merge in between me and a car in front of me at the end of the merge lane. There were NO cars behind me she could have easily just went behind but no she tried an unsafe merge--probably exactly what happened here. This happens ALL the time at that intersection. People in the right lane floor it through the light and it is a very short merge lane and they try to race in front of everyone and merge in an unsafe manner.

I admit to doing just that. The issue I have, and it is my issue, is that particular stretch of road sucks when you're stuck behind slow traffic. I can be impatient and that itself can cause issues, I know. My car is particularly fast and if I am first in line on the right, I will often pull ahead to avoid self imposed frustration which make me part of the problem.

I apologise for that.
Praise the lord and pass the ammunition
pieinthei
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by pieinthei »

Temet Nosce wrote:

Do you drive a BMW?..
[icon_lol2.gif] [icon_lol2.gif] :D

Return to “Central Okanagan”