Baby stealer jumps in lake

Jmfva
Übergod

Re: Baby stealer jumps in lake

Post by Jmfva »

removed
Last edited by Catsumi on Jul 24th, 2019, 10:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Making it personal, , baiting
normaM
The Pilgrim

Post by normaM »

Sounds like he suffered a psychotic episode - I feel bad for him as it will follow him now the rest of his Life, job hunting, etc.
I feel for the parents, I bet she does have nightmares :(

What he said sounded remorseful to me, and since the Courts are satisfied I hope the family can heal as well
If there was a Loser contest you'd come in second
DetectivePikachu
Board Meister

Post by DetectivePikachu »

The sentence seems reasonable based on the circumstances.
voice of reason
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by voice of reason »

normaM wrote:Sounds like he suffered a psychotic episode - I feel bad for him as it will follow him now the rest of his Life, job hunting, etc.

What he said sounded remorseful to me, and since the Courts are satisfied I hope the family can heal as well

how is this going to follow him and effect jobs etc? he gets his criminal record wiped clean after 2 years of probation
Ken7
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Ken7 »

JayByrd wrote:
You must know more about his psychiatric diagnoses than I do. Why do you say this? Is he untreatable? Or just an inherently bad person?

Reality is, and there are many other psychiatric illnesses that can impact people in this way. Many are controllable and if they continue to medicate they can function like you or I.

It is when they fail to take care of their health they end up in a case like this fellow. Sadly, look even at a diabetic when they fail to keep healthy.

I think the courts see a person who got ill, he did something likely out of his normal character and putting him in jail will not change this. As long as he is medicated, he likely will never offend in this way again. You can rest assured the medical records of this fellow were looked at closely and agreed upon by both Crown and his counsel.
MAPearce
Buddha of the Board

Post by MAPearce »

voice of reason wrote:
normaM wrote:Sounds like he suffered a psychotic episode - I feel bad for him as it will follow him now the rest of his Life, job hunting, etc.

how is this going to follow him and effect jobs etc? he gets his criminal record wiped clean after 2 years of probation

Do you honestly believe that anyone , anywhere will forget his name??

And for why ?
Liberalism is a disease like cancer.. Once you get it , you can't get rid of it .
normaM
The Pilgrim

Post by normaM »

all you have to do as a potential Employer is google a name, even cached you can read all about him/her
If there was a Loser contest you'd come in second
DetectivePikachu
Board Meister

Post by DetectivePikachu »

voice of reason wrote:how is this going to follow him and effect jobs etc? he gets his criminal record wiped clean after 2 years of probation

Google never forgets.
I don't do criminal record checks on my potential employees but i sure do google and check Facebook.
voice of reason
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by voice of reason »

the guy stole a baby and whipped his wang out and you guys are concerned about his future job hunting?
Catsumi
Buddha of the Board

Post by Catsumi »

:topic:
Sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice. There’s a certain point at which ignorance becomes malice, at which there is simply no way to become THAT ignorant except deliberately and maliciously.

Unknown
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

voice of reason wrote:the guy stole a baby and whipped his wang out and you guys are concerned about his future job hunting?

Just because he had an undiagnosed mental condition that lead up to this mental break-down should not be a life sentence.
This could happen to any one of us for a multitude of reasons. To take away his chances of employment in the future would possibly force him to join the every increasing number of homeless.

It's still unclear what exactly happened to Nyren on the day in question. The 30-year-old professional hockey player has no prior criminal record, and a toxicology report following his arrest found no evidence of drug or alcohol abuse.

He has no prior run-ins with the law and no evidence of being intoxicated. Why ruin someone for a one only occurrence?
Bring back the LIKE button.
JayByrd
Lord of the Board

Post by JayByrd »

alanjh595 wrote:
He has no prior run-ins with the law and no evidence of being intoxicated. Why ruin someone for a one only occurrence?

I agree fully. We can remember that the courts have the ability not just to punish the guilty, but to set someone on a path to being a functional member of the community. Mr. Nyren now has an opportunity to do that. If for some reason he can't, or is unwilling to, he will likely fall off the rails again within the two years of this conditional sentence. If that's the case, then some of us on this forum will have the satisfaction of knowing they were right.
When someone says they pay taxes, you know they're about to be an ******e.
Graphite
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Graphite »

The baby went back to its mom
Graphite
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Graphite »

I really wish our society would stop being so soft on law breakers. Eventually less and less people will continue following the law since its not really creating real consequences for people anymore.
crookedmember
Banned

Post by crookedmember »

Our society isn't soft on law breakers and the job of the courts is to interpret and apply the laws the politicians write, and come up with a fair solution.

And it all works very well. Canada is one of the very safest countries in the world.

If you want "tough" courts, go to Russia or Sudan or some other sh***y place.

I'm glad the guy is getting help. You should be too.
All posts 100% moderator approved!

Return to “Central Okanagan”