Ausman was the actual victim not his killer folks.

Veovis
Guru

Ausman was the actual victim not his killer folks.

Post by Veovis »

https://www.castanet.net/edition/news-s ... htm#256029

This is the second "poor me" style article about this guy in the last couple days. Are we supposed to feel sorry for the man that murdered a man with a hammer from behind? Remember folks he went out that night carrying a hammer and bludgeoned a guy to death with it. Do not feel sorry for him or his interrogation.

People lost a loved one, the sympathy should not be with the drug addict that did it.

Sure sounds like the court defense is going to be to try to toss the confession when they should be negotiating the time he will serve. Hope this guy sees 15 at least, though sadly we all know that killing people and liking heroin will likely get him 2 years but time served for some reason.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Re: Ausman was the actual victim not his killer folks.

Post by the truth »

shocker-- i was and am a criminal junkie defence-- :swear: and the judge will lick that poop up he will get manslaughter https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/murder-v ... -1.1155132 will do as little as 2 years in jail back living and walking the streets of kelowna living in the heartstone junkie apts
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
JayByrd
Lord of the Board

Post by JayByrd »

I don't see this as a "poor me" article at all.

Mr. Pirko's interrogation, and his physical and mental state at the time, is what's being discussed in court, so that's what's being reported on. Establishing this, and potentially using it to show Mr. Pirko was under duress at the time of his confession, is his lawyer's job. It's what he gets paid to do.

People are already worked up about a manslaughter conviction and a short sentence. It's the Crown's job to prove murder, if that's what happened here. So if a manslaughter beef is all they can get, blame David Grabavac. He'll be the one who didn't do his job.
When someone says they pay taxes, you know they're about to be an ******e.
WalterWhite
Lord of the Board

Post by WalterWhite »

JayByrd wrote:I don't see this as a "poor me" article at all.

Mr. Pirko's interrogation, and his physical and mental state at the time, is what's being discussed in court, so that's what's being reported on. Establishing this, and potentially using it to show Mr. Pirko was under duress at the time of his confession, is his lawyer's job. It's what he gets paid to do.

People are already worked up about a manslaughter conviction and a short sentence. It's the Crown's job to prove murder, if that's what happened here. So if a manslaughter beef is all they can get, blame David Grabavac. He'll be the one who didn't do his job.

I understand what you’re saying, but ultimately every ounce of blame is, and always will be, entirely on Pirko.
JayByrd
Lord of the Board

Post by JayByrd »

WalterWhite wrote:
I understand what you’re saying, but ultimately every ounce of blame is, and always will be, entirely on Pirko.

Oh I agree fully.

I'm just not sure what people expect the media to report on, other than the matters being brought forth in court.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

JayByrd wrote:I don't see this as a "poor me" article at all.

your words- blame david grabavac- wow

that little junkie puke will be out in no time to do it again
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
JayByrd
Lord of the Board

Post by JayByrd »

the truth wrote:

So you don't think the case for murder is very strong?
WalterWhite
Lord of the Board

Post by WalterWhite »

JayByrd wrote:
WalterWhite wrote:

Oh I agree fully.

I'm just not sure what people expect the media to report on, other than the matters being brought forth in court.

Unfortunately, and I’m sure fully intended, the article leans towards the expectation that this will form a large part of his defense, and as such could result in a plea bargain to a lesser charge, or possibly even an acquittal as is all too often the case - this possibility is what I’m sure is resulting in those expressing obvious outrage - and rightfully so imho. The legal technicalities being what they are, in light of the details of his confession will likely leave many feeling justice (despite what the actual laws and courts decide) will not be served - yet again.
Lynn K
Fledgling

Post by Lynn K »

I think the case for a lesser conviction of manslaughter is very strong.
Unfortunately it will likely bring with it a very minimum incarceration period.
Although Pirko has a long history of criminal offenses and from what I understand at least one jail sentence, defense will bargain for the lesser conviction and a minimum sentence based on his past drug history.
He may be on lifelong parole, but by the time this trial is over, I'll be surprised if he's locked up another 5 years.

There's something systemically wrong with Canada's judical system.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

Only 2 reasons to be carrying a hammer on the streets:
1) planning on building something
2) or use it as a weapon

I'm sure someone will come up with others, I posted the 2 most obvious.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
vinnied
Lord of the Board

Post by vinnied »

I know what you folks are saying. time and time again. its always a lesser sentence because the accused was not in the right frame of mind... (and this get out of jail free card needs to change).. But that being said, isn't it upto the defence to prove he was under the influence at the time of the murder? Not so much at the time of the interrogation.
He was caught on camera, and he admitted with details as to what happened.
Now i've never done heroin, but i've seen people, and most of the time they are half comatose when they're under the influence.
Anyway in the end, this Pirko is a lifetime criminal. and even if he gets off lightly, hell be back behind bars in no time for breaking parole. mark my words
[(4-Hydroxybutyl)azanediyl]di(hexane-6,1-diyl) bis(2-hexyldecanoate), ALC-0315 equivalent, is a ionizable, physiological pH cationic synthetic lipid that is used with other lipids to form lipid nanoparticles(LNP) for drug delivery, For research use only.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

JayByrd wrote:
the truth wrote:

So you don't think the case for murder is very strong?

yes ,if are justice system was not so soft
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

GordonH wrote:Only 2 reasons to be carrying a hammer on the streets:
1) planning on building something
2) or use it as a weapon

I'm sure someone will come up with others, I posted the 2 most obvious.

exactly................
Tankur
Board Meister

Post by Tankur »

I’m sure one of Chris’s friends or fam members would love the chance to see this kinky walking the streets again
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

Tankur wrote:I’m sure one of Chris’s friends or fam members would love the chance to see this kinky walking the streets again

i am sure they will get less than 3 years
Last edited by the truth on May 24th, 2019, 8:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Central Okanagan”