Nesters store set to close

TJSmith
Übergod

Re: Nesters store set to close

Post by TJSmith »

Fancy wrote:So the Centuria development was built around the original building and it got a face lift? That is a cool photo.

It was there before 2006
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

madadam wrote:I remember Peoples being there mid 60's. In fact here is a flyer from Capital News 1964:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... =3&theater

Great photo. I know People's was on Bernard. That block certainly has been built up since then.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

I remember People's IGA was at that location and vacated back I think 2003/2004. The neighbourhood lost shopping back then and then the development went ahead. Any kind of luck another grocery store will move in.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
mikest2
Lord of the Board

Post by mikest2 »

The answer is quite simple, there is no available parking for rubber tire traffic, they are maxed out on sales, there is no way to increase sales. They have great meats, I've had to walk blocks from a parking spot, not everyone is going to do that. Having said that, there is little parking at the Boucherie or YLW stores either.
Once I thought I was wrong.....but I was mistaken...
Piecemaker
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Piecemaker »

Fancy wrote:So the Centuria development was built around the original building and it got a face lift? That is a cool photo.

I thought everything was demolished. Just same location.
It's possible to do all the right things and still get a bad result.
OKkayak
Walks on Forum Water

Post by OKkayak »

Triple 6 wrote:this thread is not about Costco. :topic:

Every thread is about Costco :biggrin:

normaM wrote:Or a No Frills

Save the time and effort and go to SuperStore. Same products (obviously) for literally the same price. Been there a few times and price matched with their parent store and there was no or extremely little difference.

Now, what we really need is a real discount grocery store like Aldi, Lidl or PennyMarkt.

As far as Nester's goes, I've never been in one. Always thought it was a Nestle franchise, because of the name [icon_lol2.gif]
Last edited by OKkayak on Jun 3rd, 2019, 8:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

Near the bottom of this link is what loblaws own (some maybe interested to know about T & T)
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Loblaw_Companies
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
voice of reason
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by voice of reason »

mikest2 wrote:The answer is quite simple, there is no available parking for rubber tire traffic, they are maxed out on sales, there is no way to increase sales. They have great meats, I've had to walk blocks from a parking spot, not everyone is going to do that. Having said that, there is little parking at the Boucherie or YLW stores either.

i use the lakeview heights nestors quite often . the parking lot is fairly terrible unless you drive a small car.the meats and cheese are great deals .everything else seems to be way over priced. i would hate to lose this store too as it replaced the old shop n save that was there forever
Hmmm
Lord of the Board

Post by Hmmm »

Two weeks until the 15th. That’s called a notice. When you worked at Future Shop and showed up for work and found it locked up that’s called no notice. So now get a better job, similar job or create your own job/business.
I thought you said your dog doesn't bite....That's not my dog.
Country plough boy
Übergod

Post by Country plough boy »

Hmmm wrote:Two weeks until the 15th. That’s called a notice. When you worked at Future Shop and showed up for work and found it locked up that’s called no notice. So now get a better job, similar job or create your own job/business.

Ya 2 weeks is lots of time. I know i would not show up to another shift if it were me. Out the door to find more work. Forget riding it out for the last 2 weeks.
Last edited by Country plough boy on Jun 4th, 2019, 6:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
LANDM
Walks on Forum Water

Post by LANDM »

Piecemaker wrote:

I thought everything was demolished. Just same location.

We have a winner!
You and 71 others Like this post
OKkayak
Walks on Forum Water

Post by OKkayak »

Country plough boy wrote:Ya 2 weeks is lots of time. I know i would not show up to another shift if it were me. Out the door to find more work. Forget riding it out for the last 2 weeks.

You're not "riding it out for the last 2 weeks", you're fulfilling your commitment you agreed upon.
Country plough boy
Übergod

Post by Country plough boy »

OKkayak wrote:
Country plough boy wrote:Ya 2 weeks is lots of time. I know i would not show up to another shift if it were me. Out the door to find more work. Forget riding it out for the last 2 weeks.

You're not "riding it out for the last 2 weeks", you're fulfilling your commitment you agreed upon.

Guess i wouldnt be the guy to care. They up and quit. Why would i stick around. They pay 13 dollars an hr or something. I would hope most of the staff have left by now
casey60
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by casey60 »

I did shop occasionally at Nestors. Only for the sales if any. They are too expensive. The Independent store is not cheap either.
OKkayak
Walks on Forum Water

Post by OKkayak »

Country plough boy wrote:Guess i wouldnt be the guy to care.

Doesn't surprise me.
Country plough boy wrote:They up and quit.

They didn't "up and quit", they made a business decision for whatever reason and gave the employees the required notice. Just like you, when you leave a job, you're making a business decision for yourself.
Country plough boy wrote:Why would i stick around.

Various reasons. Future employment with the company, references, looks good on a resume that you fulfilled your commitment, two weeks pay is still two weeks pay and most importantly, by quitting, you might forfeit your EI eligibility.
Country plough boy wrote:They pay 13 dollars an hr or something.

Yet people chose to work there and would continue to work there for $13.
Country plough boy wrote:I would hope most of the staff have left by now

I hope the staff have/are doing what they feel is in their best interests.

Return to “Central Okanagan”