Warriors claim Ice

Sports, camping, hunting, fishing, hiking, exercise, biking, scooters...you get the idea.
voice of reason
Grand Pooh-bah

Re: Warriors claim Ice

Post by voice of reason »

TerriJ73 wrote:
With 34 hours of ice time freed up, the loss of a team implies WKMHA leadership isn’t organized.

or it implies there are other users of royal lepage place other than hockey players
TJSmith
Übergod

Post by TJSmith »

voice of reason wrote:
TerriJ73 wrote:
With 34 hours of ice time freed up, the loss of a team implies WKMHA leadership isn’t organized.

or it implies there are other users of royal lepage place other than hockey players

It probably implies both
Symbonite
Lord of the Board

Post by Symbonite »

Wow they are starting their preseason early...August 21....against Pen..cant wait! Kids go in free!
**Disclaimer: The above statement is in my OPINION only.
voice of reason
Grand Pooh-bah

Symbonite wrote:Wow they are starting their preseason early...August 21....against Pen..cant wait! Kids go in free!

preseason always starts around then
TJSmith
Übergod

Post by TJSmith »

Symbonite wrote:Wow they are starting their preseason early...August 21....against Pen..cant wait! Kids go in free!

The WKMHA needs to get behind this team.
JayByrd
Lord of the Board

Post by JayByrd »

TerriJ73 wrote:

How is that ice time being freed up though? Maybe I'm missing something but I've never understood this. I've read the quote where Mr. Dobranski explained this was actually better for minor hockey but it didn't make sense.

I spoke to my friend. The loss of a WKMHA team appeared likely at one time, but is up in the air now. I'm not sure what "compromise" was reached between the Warriors and Minor Hockey, but it doesn't appear the Warriors have moved back to their former start times...
When someone says they pay taxes, you know they're about to be an ******e.
TJSmith
Übergod

Post by TJSmith »

JayByrd wrote:
TerriJ73 wrote:
How is that ice time being freed up though? Maybe I'm missing something but I've never understood this. I've read the quote where Mr. Dobranski explained this was actually better for minor hockey but it didn't

I spoke to my friend. The loss of a WKMHA team appeared likely at one time, but is up in the air now. I'm not sure what "compromise" was reached between the Warriors and
Last edited by TJSmith on Jul 12th, 2021, 8:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.
JayByrd
Lord of the Board

Post by JayByrd »

TerriJ73 wrote:There was an article saying an amicable agreement was reached and there has been nothing said refuting that an additional 34 hours of ice time was added. Maybe the issue is coordination by Mannie Douglas and WKMHA leadership, or maybe they are still adjusting the schedule.

From everything posted publicly it appears that there is some incompetence at the WKMHA leadership level

34 hours that the Warriors had, that has now been given up? That's the equivalent of twenty, 90-minute practices. Or eight 4-hour blocks that they'd have for home games. I find this hard to believe.

And how does this point to incompetence in WKMHA?
TJSmith
Übergod

Post by TJSmith »

JayByrd wrote:
TerriJ73 wrote:There was an article saying an amicable agreement was reached and there has been nothing said refuting that an additional 34 hours of ice time was added. Maybe the issue is coordination by Mannie Douglas and WKMHA leadership, or maybe they are still adjusting the schedule.

From everything posted publicly it appears that there is some incompetence at the WKMHA leadership level

34 hours that the Warriors had, that has now been given up? That's the equivalent of twenty, 90-minute practices. Or eight 4-hour blocks that they'd have for home games. I find this hard to believe.

And how does this point to incompetence in WKMHA?

If there were 34 more hours added to the overall pool, over and above what was previously in place, there is no reason WKMHA can’t accommodate everyone in their system. M Douglas needs to be held accountable.
Last edited by TJSmith on Jan 17th, 2020, 3:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JayByrd
Lord of the Board

Post by JayByrd »

TerriJ73 wrote:
If there were 34 more hours added to the overall pool, over and above what was previously in place, there is no reason WKMHA can’t accommodate everyone in their system. Mannie Douglas needs to be held accountable.

Okay. Well as I stated above, the loss of a minor hockey team was only ever a maybe. I was going by what my friend told me, and even she isn't sure now if it's true. So I retract that statement. WKMHA will be able to do their thing, unless we hear otherwise. No incompetence. And her name is Marnie, not Mannie.

Does anyone know where this 34 hours came from? Are WKW scaling back their operations to provide that? Are those 34 hours at 9:30 at night? It would be interesting to see.

And speaking of being held accountable, has anyone heard if Mr. Dobranski plans to fight either of the lawsuits being brought against him?
TJSmith
Übergod

Post by TJSmith »

JayByrd wrote:
TerriJ73 wrote:
If there were 34 more hours added to the overall pool, over and above what was previously in place, there is no reason WKMHA can’t accommodate everyone in their system. Mannie Douglas needs to be held accountable.

Okay. Well as I stated above, the loss of a minor hockey team was only ever a maybe. I was going by what my friend told me, and even she isn't sure now if it's true. So I retract that statement. WKMHA will be able to do their thing, unless we hear otherwise. No incompetence. And her name is Marnie, not Mannie.

Does anyone know where this 34 hours came from? Are WKW scaling back their operations to provide that? Are those 34 hours at 9:30 at night? It would be interesting to see.

And speaking of being held accountable, has anyone heard if Mr. Dobranski plans to fight either of the lawsuits being brought against him?

The lawsuits have nothing to do with ice time.

must know what ice times are freed up, and hasn’t denied that an additional 34 hours are there.

Has WKMHA been transparent about the $30k that has been in question from the 50/50 draws?
Last edited by TJSmith on Jan 17th, 2020, 3:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.
voice of reason
Grand Pooh-bah

you do realize that other people use royal lepage place right? any extra hour do not directly get handed over to WKMHA . they may have got some extra ice but they do not get 100% of the 34 hours of ice time. guys play beer league hockey in there,girls play ringette,there is figure skating going on,public skating etc. the ice is shared by many people
TJSmith
Übergod

Post by TJSmith »

voice of reason wrote:you do realize that other people use royal lepage place right? any extra hour do not directly get handed over to WKMHA . they may have got some extra ice but they do not get 100% of the 34 hours of ice time. guys play beer league hockey in there,girls play ringette,there is figure skating going on,public skating etc. the ice is shared by many people

It’s difficult to know and understand, as there has been no further clarification since it was announced that all sides came to an amicable agreement about ice time.
JayByrd
Lord of the Board

Post by JayByrd »

TerriJ73 wrote:The lawsuits have nothing to do with ice time.

Mannie must know what ice times are freed up, and hasn’t denied that an additional 34 hours are there.

Has WKMHA been transparent about the $30k that has been in question from the 50/50 draws?

I'm not sure what WKMHA's financial dealings have to do with ice time either.

Perhaps you should ask Mannie about it. I'd be interested to hear what he says. Is he involved in hockey on the westside?
TJSmith
Übergod

Post by TJSmith »

JayByrd wrote:
TerriJ73 wrote:The lawsuits have nothing to do with ice time.

Mannie must know what ice times are freed up, and hasn’t denied that an additional 34 hours are there.

I'm not sure what WKMHA's financial dealings have to do with ice time either.

Perhaps you should ask Mannie about it. I'd be interested to hear what he says. Is he involved in hockey on the westside?

If the association wasn’t transparent about how the $30k of proceeds was used, how can we be sure they are being honest about ice time struggles?

Return to “Sports / Great Outdoors”