Willow Creek Campground days appear to be numbered.

GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Willow Creek Campground days appear to be numbered.

Post by GordonH »

At first glance it threw me off because Watt Rd & Lanfranco Rd near meet.
https://www.castanet.net/news/Kelowna/2 ... Gyro-Beach

It appears Lakeshore/Pandosy could get even busier, oh right progress.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
69cutlass
Übergod

Re: Willow Creek Campground days appear to be numbered.

Post by 69cutlass »

They have removed the paved parking for gyro in the park. They have removed the paved parking lot accross from the park. Not they are gonna build on the gravel parking lot next to gyro. What absolute morons. One of the busiest beaches in kelowna and there won't be any parking for it. City of kelowna needs a smack up side the head. This is getting to be a joke.
vegas1500
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by vegas1500 »

In a city that’s booming, Land is to valuable to leave it as a gravel parking lot unfortunately.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

We live not far from there and the traffic is already horrible on Lakeshore. I for one hope that this does not happen.
I got Married because I was sick and tired of finishing my own sentences.
That's worked out great for me!
LTD
Lord of the Board

Post by LTD »

it will happen, when the city planner is on board just from the drawings submitted you know its gonna happen lol
Anonymous123
Lord of the Board

Post by Anonymous123 »

Be careful when you follow the masses.
Sometimes the M is silent
Symbonite
Lord of the Board

Post by Symbonite »

It doesnt matter what you say...the time to complain is over...
**Disclaimer: The above statement is in my OPINION only.
Symbonite
Lord of the Board

Post by Symbonite »

The lakeshore drive is terrible...add that many units and probably not many parking it will get worse....if they want more units they should build up the downtown core first
**Disclaimer: The above statement is in my OPINION only.
TMBOkanagan
Fledgling

Post by TMBOkanagan »

Symbonite wrote:The lakeshore drive is terrible...add that many units and probably not many parking it will get worse....if they want more units they should build up the downtown core first

The downtown core IS getting built up... Ella, Brooklyn, One Water, Ellis Park, The ST. Paul, Anagram on Clement, PC Urban on Clement, the Pathways project on Fuller, the RCMP site is for sale for development... Just to name a few.
Last edited by TMBOkanagan on Jul 27th, 2019, 10:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Urban Cowboy
Guru

Post by Urban Cowboy »

Symbonite wrote:The lakeshore drive is terrible...add that many units and probably not many parking it will get worse....if they want more units they should build up the downtown core first

That is happening, but don't forget we have several core areas in Kelowna, all growing, and this is one of them. Makes good sense in my opinion given that shopping is right across the street, lessening the need for automobile use.
“Not All Those Who Wander Are Lost" - Tolkien
60-YEARS-in-Ktown
Guru

Post by 60-YEARS-in-Ktown »

They are nearing saturation point again...too much building, too many units..
Then it slows down for a while, and when they start to get sold out, then the mad rush cycle (we have right now ) starts again.
It's due to have a market correction soon.... jmo..
I'd like to help You OUT,
Which way did You come in??
60-YEARS-in-Ktown
Guru

Post by 60-YEARS-in-Ktown »

They are nearing saturation point again...too much building, too many units..
Then it slows down for a while, and when they start to get sold out, then the mad rush cycle (we have right now ) starts again.
It's due to have a market correction soon.... jmo..
I'd like to help You OUT,
Which way did You come in??
voice of reason
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by voice of reason »

what this city needs is infrastructure . most of the current roads have been the same for decades and are at max capacity already .parking is not even a consideration these days as the city planners want everyone to ride a bike and take the bus like children
SC001

Post by SC001 »

First there was a small parking lot for Gyro. They took that out. Then they built a large paved parking a PAY parking. Now they want to remove all parking for the park? What the heck is wrong with the city planners in this city? Have you tried driving in that area lately? It's ridiculous! Plus with the large swatch of condos already going in across the street from the park, driving down there is getting worse and worse! Now they want to ADD to that? SMH!!! :-X
lesliepaul
Lord of the Board

Post by lesliepaul »

With this city council we already know its been approved...……….I want it to be a "wet facility", that way there will be no vehicle parking required at that location...…….I am sure the builders would love that...…...more profit for them! Occupants will be a short staggering distance to the beach and its "litterbox" potential and outdoor bathing facilities.

Think of Gyro Beach being turned into a sort of "zoo"...…….no, a better term yet, a "sanctuary". We could name the different areas of the "sanctuary" after our city council...….."The Maxine Dehart Liquor Impaired Zone"...….."The Gail Given Screaming Profanity Zone"...……."The Colin Basran Discarded Needle Zone". For the other council puppets we could name areas where donated vehicles could be dropped off and broken into, an area where old bicycles are left unattended and maybe even an area where stolen shopping carts can be raced around or to see who can pile stuff on the highest.

………...the possibilities are endless.

Return to “Central Okanagan”