More WET housing planned for Rutland. McIntosh Road.

the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Re: More WET housing planned for Rutland. McIntosh Road.

Post by the truth »

Scrobins94 wrote:Council can only vote on form and character, not occupancy. How do you suppose they say who can and can't live in a residence?

Regardless, we need supportive housing.

yes we do, for the homeless, not criminal junkies
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
TJSmith
Übergod

Post by TJSmith »

Gilchy wrote:You think Horgan, or whoever the premier is, makes the decision on where to put facilities?

Leaders are ultimately responsible for the decisions that are made by various ministries in the province, same as mayor and city management being responsible for planning/development within the city.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

TerriJ73 wrote:BC Housing, Basran, Council and city management (Gilchrist) are continuing to put Rutland under threat.

can we take them to court for that :biggrin:
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

normaM wrote:Of course City Council can stop BC Housing - but one example
https://www.surreynowleader.com/news/br ... e-housing/

so why is our Council so fast to bend over?

says it all does it not............ someone is being paid off imo
AlienSoldier
Übergod

Post by AlienSoldier »

the truth wrote:
Scrobins94 wrote:Council can only vote on form and character, not occupancy. How do you suppose they say who can and can't live in a residence?

It doesn't matter if it is for the homeless, or for PEOPLE on drugs. The facilities need to be monitored, supervised and made safe for all. I don't think most people have issues with the facilities, just that they are not maintained or monitored properly.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

so the million dollar question then, why are they not,
t76turbo
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by t76turbo »

It doesn't matter if it is for the homeless, or for PEOPLE on drugs. The facilities need to be monitored, supervised and made safe for all. I don't think most people have issues with the facilities, just that they are not maintained or monitored properly.
[/quote]

And to add...
The bigger problem is where how and what happens when the “addicted” leave these “group” homes all jacked up and roaming the streets high, then on way down get angry and agitated. Or out roaming the streets looking for stuff to steal to finance the next high.

That’s where the real problem lies. The people in control or claiming to be in control will shrug their shoulders and tell us they are model citizen that need help .... and if off property are no longer under supervision and not their problem...

I personally don’t care what we are being told. The addicted/cracked out/thieving have no place around everyday law abiding people or children. Out of town institution has my vote !!!
I really like your post, just can’t find the button. I’m part of the fringe minority.
Defund the CBC? You bet, they are part of the spreading hate machine, protecting their captain!
Grandan
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Grandan »

Gilchy wrote:You think Horgan, or whoever the premier is, makes the decision on where to put facilities?

It just goes to show you how really twisted the logic is in people opposed to supportive housing, conspiracy theory or what?
Waste not
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

t76turbo wrote:

And to add...
The bigger problem is where how and what happens when the “addicted” leave these “group” homes all jacked up and roaming the streets high, then on way down get angry and agitated. Or out roaming the streets looking for stuff to steal to finance the next high.

That’s where the real problem lies. The people in control or claiming to be in control will shrug their shoulders and tell us they are model citizen that need help .... and if off property are no longer under supervision and not their problem...

I personally don’t care what we are being told. The addicted/cracked out/thieving have no place around everyday law abiding people or children. Out of town institution has my vote !!![/quote]

to bad the people in charge are not interested in the truth ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Grandan
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Grandan »

AlienSoldier wrote:
the truth wrote:so the million dollar question then, why are they not,

You know that for a fact do you? What is your measure of monitoring? Each person gets a monitor? How do measure success?
Waste not
Sige
Übergod

Post by Sige »

skootch wrote:So, it's about time to make a distinction between Homeless or Drug addict!? If you were to separate the junkies from the genuinely homeless the difference in numbers would be very one sided I think.
It saddens me when I drive down Leon ave. and it looks likes an undulating cesspool of filth. I don't live in Kelowna but I work there at times and we drive down Leon and drop off a 50 pack of timbits and see the garbage and *bleep* and people shooting up and nobody cares....and why should we?!
Build them somewhere to live, they trash it. Prime example...Copper downspouts approved for a Penticon homeless and what do you suppose happened ? Well the picture on Castanet showed a scrungy guy, shopping cart full of *bleep* and on top the prize....a copper downspout from the building?? LOL..Dumb *bleep* who approved that! Seriously, it's actually pathetically sad...

How is it you are helping the junkies by providing them with free shelter, free food, safe injection sites, narcan over and over and over again? It's equivalent to taking an alcoholic to the liquor store, letting him drink all he wants to for free until his liver rots but don't worry, we'll pay scads of money for you to get a new one from someone who died from a drunk driver!!!!! Seriously, I was a single Mom for many many years and struggled to stay alive by working my *bleep* off and half starving to feed my kid...I still work my *bleep* off and I get nothing for free!! NOTHING.
There's so much corruption and crooked dealings going on in Kelowna chambers and every single other government level from mayor to Prime ministers! It's a sad sad world we live in today....

I ask Mr. Basran, where do you live?? Where do your Councillors live? Why not a wet facility in YOUR neighborhood??? Why is your neighborhood more important, why do your children deserve a safe walk to school and other children don't, why does your wife get to feel safe walking and Bob's wife won't go out by herself?
I don't care if you get re elected or not. The things you do and the choices you make now will affect your future, and YOU have to live with those choices. I hope you feel good about protecting your family and neighborhood, you can perhaps explain to the thousands of children in Rutland why you don't care about their safety and their neighborhood!!

:up: :up: :up: :up: :smt045
Non illegitimi carborundum est.
AlienSoldier
Übergod

Post by AlienSoldier »

Truth, take a deep breath. You gotta go do yoga or meditate or something man. Your gonna give yourself an ulcer.
pieinthei
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by pieinthei »

How is it you are helping the junkies by providing them with free shelter, free food, safe injection sites, narcan over and over and over again? It's equivalent to taking an alcoholic to the liquor store, letting him drink all he wants to for free until his liver rots but don't worry, we'll pay scads of money for you to get a new one from someone who died from a drunk driver!!!!!

very good point, well said, and i vote this for quote of the thread!!

:up: :up:
Grandan
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Grandan »

the truth wrote:What the heck? there's something seriously wrong with that picture.
BC housing and the JHS, into money laundering now?

many have said it all along the whole thing stinks of side deals, laws were broken, people need to go to jail[/quote]

What the numbers do not reflect is the overall increase in property prices, the cost of servicing the debt and overall availability of larger properties close to services.
The city recently paid 3 million for 1.45 acres in the 5 bridges area for a park, is that not more important for buddy to take his dog for a dump in this newly created park? Had the city bought the land 20 years ago it would have been much cheaper like all things. The city has to pay fair market value for land, expropriation leads to higher costs all round.
Waste not
voice of reason
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by voice of reason »

AlienSoldier wrote:It doesn't matter if it is for the homeless, or for PEOPLE on drugs. The facilities need to be monitored, supervised and made safe for all. I don't think most people have issues with the facilities, just that they are not maintained or monitored properly.

how do you monitor 50 units of dope fiends? to maintain and monitor it enough to be considered safe it would basically become a prison

Return to “Central Okanagan”