5 Minute Smashing Spree

mexi cali
Guru

Re: 5 Minute Smashing Spree

Post by mexi cali »

masen wrote:I would like to know how anyone under the age of 19 could get liquor? That is called underage drinking. Are Canadian laws or this case BC laws a complete joke, then why have them? A law that isn't enforced must be a stupid law written by stupid people for stupid people. It is the same for the drug law, almost exactly. No wonder mental insanity is going up dramatically when we talk out of both sides of our mouths. Enforce laws or throw them out.

Please tell me you're not serious? Getting booze is one of the easiest illegal acquisitions most kids by the age of 13 or so have undertaken. You're thinking that he walked into a liquor store and bought whatever which is highly unlikely. What is likely is that he stole it from dad or got some unscrupulous 19 year old to buy it for him.

To exclaim in wonderment that an underaged kid was drunk is a bit off the charts.
Praise the lord and pass the ammunition
mexi cali
Guru

Post by mexi cali »

69cutlass wrote:This is a prime example of why coddling your children doesnt work. Had this child actually had rules and discipline growing up this would not have happened. Actions result in consequences. This is a failure in parenting.... period....

Lots of great parents have rotten kids.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Aug 15th, 2019, 11:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Response to removed post.
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

69cutlass wrote:This is a prime example of why coddling your children doesnt work. Had this child actually had rules and discipline growing up this would not have happened. Actions result in consequences. This is a failure in parenting.... period....

While that is one possibility to make the claim as the only option is Bull Puckey.
I got Married because I was sick and tired of finishing my own sentences.
That's worked out great for me!
mexi cali
Guru

Post by mexi cali »

the truth wrote:my god a medal-really-
some of you peoples parenting standard's are pretty low

removed

As far as what kids do and don't do? I have 3, all of which came out the other side basically unscathed. They are all responsible adults but there was a time not to long ago when they each fessed up to doing things, nothing to dramatic, that I would have said that they wouldn't have done. Sneaking out was one, they all did and we never knew.

This kid is in a league of his own. What he did was over the top but until you know for certain that his home life is a major contributor, don't crucify his family. You may well be right but the point is that you don't know yet you speak as though you are the authority on causality.
Last edited by Catsumi on Aug 15th, 2019, 9:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Baiting
Urban Cowboy
Guru

Post by Urban Cowboy »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Aug 15th, 2019, 11:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
“Not All Those Who Wander Are Lost" - Tolkien
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Aug 15th, 2019, 11:55 am, edited 2 times in total.
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
t76turbo
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by t76turbo »

My kids are still young and my step child is 16 now. About a year ago the then 15 year old went to a friends for a sleepover. That parent permitted the kids that were over to drink. Later that night they left the house drunk and ended up at a church parking lot where our kid threw a chair through the church window.

We found out next day. Day after he was at that church meeting with minister and coming up with a restitution plan, I helped out with some funds as by that time police were also involved and to expedite restitution and avoid charges it was “the thing to do”.
He worked and paid for all damages and repaid “the loan”.

As parents we couldn’t believe that our kid had done something like this. He was raised “different”and knew right from wrong. A great kid that had never acted out or done any willful damage before! As parents we were also blown away that another parent permitted kids to drink, and worse, let them leave the house late that night.

All ties were severed and other parents with kids there that night did same. She is a single mother that was more interested in being “friends” with kids at sleepover than a parent. She always permitted kids to drink and we weren’t aware. That’s bad on us.
Last edited by t76turbo on Aug 15th, 2019, 9:20 am, edited 2 times in total.
I really like your post, just can’t find the button. I’m part of the fringe minority.
Defund the CBC? You bet, they are part of the spreading hate machine, protecting their captain!
60-YEARS-in-Ktown
Guru

Post by 60-YEARS-in-Ktown »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Aug 15th, 2019, 11:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
I'd like to help You OUT,
Which way did You come in??
60-YEARS-in-Ktown
Guru

Lets not have anyone pat their back too hard about being a good parent..
...you may have to unpat yourself someday....
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

all my kids or 18 and over now, top secret information for ya, i never once got a call from anyone at anytime of the day saying come get your kid he or she f up. i guess that is hard to believe for many parents with low standards of there own
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

60-YEARS-in-Ktown wrote:Lets not have anyone pat their back too hard about being a good parent..
...you may have to unpat yourself someday....

i do not need a pat on the back because i and my wife did a good job raising are kids , that's what good parents do
60-YEARS-in-Ktown
Guru

Our kids, got though it too , but we won't be bragging about it on social media, while condemning those that had problems.
Sounds like some of the parents on here grew up in the, every kid gets a prize or a ribbon days.. :200:
Catsumi
Buddha of the Board

Post by Catsumi »

If you cannot stick to the topic and cannot stop making personal comments, this thread will be shut down

Thanks
Sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice. There’s a certain point at which ignorance becomes malice, at which there is simply no way to become THAT ignorant except deliberately and maliciously.

Unknown
mexi cali
Guru

Post by mexi cali »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Aug 15th, 2019, 11:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Discuss the topic not fellow posters.

Return to “Central Okanagan”