Friday, August 1st19.8°C

MLA Slater sits as Independent

South Okanagan topics including Summerland, Naramata, Penticton, Okanagan Falls, Oliver, Osoyoos, and Keremeos.

Moderators: oneh2obabe, Jo, ferri, Triple 6

Re: MLA Slater sits as Independent

Postby Rwede » Jan 16th, 2013, 8:55 am

Logitack wrote:"make him a less than desirable"??

less desireable than whom? like gordon campbell, DUI conviction? jane thornthwaite with her DUI?

gotta love the liberals and their character assassination of one of their own, or one that used to be their own.. :dyinglaughing:

Or Adrian Dix who has a penchant for forgery, obstruction of justice, perjury, theft, and violation of the BC Elections Act and BC Recall Act.

I wonder how Carole James feels about character assasination from her own party? :127:
You are not stupid, I just think you have bad luck when thinking.

George+ says: "Makes no sense to me.
But that is not unusual."
Rwede
Guru

Liked in: 746 posts

Postby cutypi » Jan 17th, 2013, 4:05 pm

I've said it before and I'll say it again it is time to start electing Independents in ALL ridings. If Slater runs as an independent and gets in, assuming the other three also get re-elected then there are four. I hear there are a few others running including in Penticton and Kelowna (lake country I think) and there will no doubt be more. The balance of power is within our grasp and then we can put a stop to all this partisan nonsense, we just have to be smart enough and have the cahoonas to stop making excuses and make it happen.
cutypi

Liked in: 0 post

Postby fluffy » Jan 22nd, 2013, 8:51 am

This morning's Herald announced that John Slater and NDP candidate Marji Basso have withdrawn their candidacies at the apparent urging of blogger Alex G. Tsakumis's who claimed to have "exceedingly disturbing information, that, if published, will hand the provincial riding of Boundary-Similkameen to Linda Larson of the BC Liberals." He went on to say that "The details are provocative to say the least, but I've confirmed the story with multiple sources."

This one is starting to play out like a day-time soap opera.
quick - report this post to a mod
fluffy
Buddha of the Board

Liked in: 809 posts

Postby twobits » Jan 23rd, 2013, 8:47 am

-fluffy- wrote:This morning's Herald announced that John Slater and NDP candidate Marji Basso have withdrawn their candidacies at the apparent urging of blogger Alex G. Tsakumis's who claimed to have "exceedingly disturbing information, that, if published, will hand the provincial riding of Boundary-Similkameen to Linda Larson of the BC Liberals." He went on to say that "The details are provocative to say the least, but I've confirmed the story with multiple sources."

This one is starting to play out like a day-time soap opera.

No kidding. And now that Tsakumis has baited us, we are hooked and look forward to tomorrows episode for the details to trickle out. Instead of Who shot JR tee's we could have Who did Basso sleep with tee's
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

If we could just tax "stupid", there would be no government deficit
twobits
Lord of the Board

Liked in: 350 posts

Postby Rwede » Jan 24th, 2013, 11:01 am

Alex G is a fat tub of lies.
You are not stupid, I just think you have bad luck when thinking.

George+ says: "Makes no sense to me.
But that is not unusual."
Rwede
Guru

Liked in: 746 posts

Postby fluffy » Jan 25th, 2013, 6:25 am

Noting that the focus of attention in this morning's Herald has shifted from Slater and Basso on to RDOS Board member Alex Patton who is being credited with sparking the whole mess. Couple of good reads in the letters section.
quick - report this post to a mod
fluffy
Buddha of the Board

Liked in: 809 posts

Postby glassmaster » Jan 25th, 2013, 6:31 am

Time for a coffee and the paper ... the soap opera continues.
glassmaster
Übergod

Liked in: 0 post

Postby Captain77 » Jan 25th, 2013, 8:37 pm

I wonder what Marji Basso would do if the South Okanagan community rallied behind her and asked her to reconsider. I'm not an NDP supporter, but I sure don't like the sleazy blackmail that has taken place. She is a teacher, so could not have engaged in any criminal activity (regular record checks).
Captain77
Fledgling

Liked in: 4 posts

Previous

Return to Penticton / South Okanagan