WestJet

livewire
Fledgling

Re: WestJet

Post by livewire »

Just sayin' been flying WJ exclusivley for years and just had a glitch so sent them some feedback. Their reponse:

Dear Guest:

Currently we are experiencing higher than usual volume; please allow up to ten weeks for a response. If your issue is of an urgent nature, or if you need to make a change or cancellation to an existing booking, for the best service, please contact the Sales Super Center at 1 888 WestJet (937 8538).

10 WEEKS????

Just sayn'.
glassmaster
Übergod

Post by glassmaster »

I would suggest that you post your timing concerns on the WestJet Facebook page ... especially if it was only a minor glitch. You would probably get a quicker response than going through the 'process'. There are issues with any airlines ... but, the positives of having WestJet provide service to Penticton far outweigh some of the glitches that can occur. I'm pretty sure that each and every one of us could come up with a, less than positive, travel experience (whether it be by car, boat, train or plane) ... it doesn't mean that we would be better off without those modes of transportation. I am convinced that Penticton is on the WestJet radar. Their service to the South Okanagan is a required peice of the economic development puzzle ... and could be a win-win (for WestJet ... and all of the South Okanagan communities).
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

*bump*

There is chance you may get Westjet service. http://www.castanet.net/news/Penticton/ ... stJet-news
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
glassmaster
Übergod

Post by glassmaster »

Of course there is a chance ... and it is looking better all the time. WestJet service in Penticton will do incredible things for the South Okanagan!
nepal
Übergod

Post by nepal »

I'm okay with Westjet, so long as Penticton has no less than three direct flights a day to Vancouver north terminal, and at least as many international connecting destinations as currently provided by Air Canada.
Alex1967
Fledgling

Post by Alex1967 »

Was chatting to an Westjet employee yesterday who says that Penticton will be getting Westjet Regional service. Lots of talk within Westjet about it. No other details.
Alex1967
Fledgling

Post by Alex1967 »

nepal wrote:I'm okay with Westjet, so long as Penticton has no less than three direct flights a day to Vancouver north terminal, and at least as many international connecting destinations as currently provided by Air Canada.

In other words you will not be flying Westjet out of Penticton, lol.
livewire
Fledgling

Post by livewire »

livewire wrote:Just sayin' been flying WJ exclusivley for years and just had a glitch so sent them some feedback. Their reponse:

Dear Guest:

Currently we are experiencing higher than usual volume; please allow up to ten weeks for a response. If your issue is of an urgent nature, or if you need to make a change or cancellation to an existing booking, for the best service, please contact the Sales Super Center at 1 888 WestJet (937 8538).

10 WEEKS????

Just sayn'.

I will continue flying exclusively with WJ, they read and heard my complaint and sent me a nice little travel voucher. You wonder sometimes if the small biz turned big biz still cares. They still do, thanks West Jet!
Static
Guru

Post by Static »

I hope WJ flys out of Penticton, I cannot stand AC. It will be interesting to see who survives AC or WJ. There is only enough business for one.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

Static wrote:I hope WJ flys out of Penticton, I cannot stand AC. It will be interesting to see who survives AC or WJ. There is only enough business for one.

My bet is on WJ, domestically I can't stand AC. (Internationally never had any problems with AC)
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
nepal
Übergod

Post by nepal »

My guess is that AC will enter credit protection and then start up the next day with limited financial burden. They might then compete with WJ at a similar level, but with AC's far bigger network. USA airlines have been busy doing this for the past few years and have come out stronger and better. They would likely honor existing tickets, to retain customers.
As for Air Canada Penticton, the service here at YYF is excellent and I feel for the staff.
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

Dizzy1 wrote:Personally, I have a feeling that we'll be seeing WS axe some of their 737s in YLW in favour of the Q400/ATR72 before YYF gets any service.

As predicted ... WS axed 1 of their daily 737s between YLW and YVR and their daily 737 between YLW and YYJ and replaced it with Encore's Q400s starting this past weekend.
Nobody wants to hear your opinion. They just want to hear their own opinion coming out of your mouth.
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

Looks like YYF still isn't on WS's radar ... the latest round of expansion for Encore has bypassed Penticton again and given Kelowna a daily flight to Fort McMurray.

EDIT: For those unfamiliar with IATA codes (airline codes on your ticket such as AC = Air Canada, etc.) WS is the code for WestJet, WR is the code for WestJet Encore.
Nobody wants to hear your opinion. They just want to hear their own opinion coming out of your mouth.
fluffy
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by fluffy »

It would be a huge improvement to be able to fly east out of Penticton. Taking the drive between Penticton and the Kelowna airport out of the equation makes it worth a few extra bucks on airfare, the big issue for many would be total flight times. The direct flight to McMurray out of Kelowna will sap still more business out of the Penticton airport. Currently the best overall flight time on that run out of Pen is about five hours.
“We’ll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective.” – Kurt Vonnegut
nepal
Übergod

Post by nepal »

fluffy wrote:It would be a huge improvement to be able to fly east out of Penticton. Taking the drive between Penticton and the Kelowna airport out of the equation makes it worth a few extra bucks on airfare, the big issue for many would be total flight times. The direct flight to McMurray out of Kelowna will sap still more business out of the Penticton airport. Currently the best overall flight time on that run out of Pen is about five hours.

Fluffy, I agree that it would good to have a direct east flight out of Penticton again and I think it will eventually happen.

As for airline from Penticton to Fort McMurrary, it is quicker to fly Penticton-Vancouver-Fort McMurray 3:58 min total time on the early morning flight from YYF Penticton. A few advantages: short/easy drive to YYF, cheap parking at YYF, quick in/out terminal at YYF and jet direct from Vancouver to Fort McMurrary...
Attachments
AC Penticton YYF to Fort McMurrary. Including taxes.
AC Penticton YYF to Fort McMurrary. Including taxes.
Last edited by nepal on Jan 21st, 2014, 5:28 am, edited 4 times in total.

Return to “Central Okanagan”