Penticton Regional Hospital upgrades and expansion

Assumed

Re: Penticton Regional Hospital upgrades and expansion

Post by Assumed »

I'm glad the doctors got the attention of Victoria. We are way overdue for some health care dollars. Is this an election issue in Penticton? I would think so.
XT225
Lord of the Board

Post by XT225 »

Assumed wrote:I'm glad the doctors got the attention of Victoria. We are way overdue for some health care dollars. Is this an election issue in Penticton? I would think so.

I would've thought that Christy would've called the media in for a photo op session. Though not sure what she said or promised (I wasn't there), she could promise the moon and it would be huge points for D.A. come this May election. If the Liberals promise the expansion at PRH, there is little chance the they will win the election anyways but the NDP wouldn't dare cancel such a project once it is scheduled. Wise move, Liberals, but I still would never vote for them. Dick Cannings would be wise to come out now and promise the expansion, if the NDP win, to level the playing field.
Assumed

Post by Assumed »

All political talk. Nothing promised. That is the way the newspapers websites are reporting it.
Drip_Torch
Guru

Post by Drip_Torch »

Personally, I see potential for a Friday evening flash mob here... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K1OSq2SEOu4
Drip Torch - an upright and steadfast keeper of the flame, but when tilted sideways the contents spill and then our destiny is in the wind...
SmokeOnTheWater
Walks on Forum Water

Post by SmokeOnTheWater »

Drip_Torch wrote:Personally, I see potential for a Friday evening flash mob here... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K1OSq2SEOu4

Priceless .... :127:
" Nature is not a place to visit. It is home. " ~ Gary Snyder
bob vernon
Lord of the Board

Post by bob vernon »

Expect, during the election campaign, a major announcement from Christy. It will be for request for proposal for the introductory planning stage of the plan to decide whether or not to expand the hospital or build an new tower. It will be a total stall. With a promise of funds, not in the next fiscal year, but the one after that.

There are so many seats with the potential to change to the NDP that she'll make just about any promise during the campaign. No funding, mind you. But lots of promises. And visits to make it seem like she's suddenly concerned about Penticton.
Lore
Übergod

Post by Lore »

bob vernon wrote:Expect, during the election campaign, a major announcement from Christy. It will be for request for proposal for the introductory planning stage of the plan to decide whether or not to expand the hospital or build an new tower. It will be a total stall. With a promise of funds, not in the next fiscal year, but the one after that.

There are so many seats with the potential to change to the NDP that she'll make just about any promise during the campaign. No funding, mind you. But lots of promises. And visits to make it seem like she's suddenly concerned about Penticton.

YES! You have her figured out.
Hopefully people do not fall for her empty promises.
southy
Lord of the Board

Post by southy »

Great photo op for Ashton. Shows he's working hard and has our best interests as mayor, chair of RDOS and as Liberal candidate. Ya right!! Politics ... you gooda love 'em.
TimmyE
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by TimmyE »

Christy showing up was just an opportunity for her to show herself as caring just before the next election. But to expect her to bring money would have been sheer fantasy. The doctors should write the same letter to Mr. Dix and see what kind of a response they get out of him. I don't think he is going to commit either because he knows Christy's government is broke and Adrian will also tell us that the government is broker than he thought and so all bets are off. I am afraid Penticton will have to wait a lot longer than they should for additional funding.
joe smo
Fledgling

Post by joe smo »

So how many years has the lobbying being taking place? And who has been the government of the day? If you want a new hospital, then you have been backing the wrong party. I would write the NDP candidate and tell him/her how excited you are to support their party if they can get a new hospital for Penticton. And write Ashton and the Premier and tell them how, because of their lack of action that you are voting them out. And ask all your friends to do the same. Attend all the NDP ralleys, protest at all the Liberal rallies, and take the same sign - "buy my vote with a new hospital".

Of course it's political. But you won't win the race if you keep betting the same horse.
as each day passes, the things I don't know increases exponentially
XT225
Lord of the Board

Post by XT225 »

joe smo wrote:So how many years has the lobbying being taking place? And who has been the government of the day? If you want a new hospital, then you have been backing the wrong party. I would write the NDP candidate and tell him/her how excited you are to support their party if they can get a new hospital for Penticton. And write Ashton and the Premier and tell them how, because of their lack of action that you are voting them out. And ask all your friends to do the same. Attend all the NDP ralleys, protest at all the Liberal rallies, and take the same sign - "buy my vote with a new hospital".

Of course it's political. But you won't win the race if you keep betting the same horse.

I agree. Too bad the Fiberals aren't smart enough to promise the moon re the expansion. We pretty much know that they wont get in provincially, so what would they have to lose by promising the funding? The NDP would be crazy to stop it, once its promised, no matter who said what. Plus the NDP have been known to support Health care and education far more than the Libs. I hope that Cannings gets the backing of Dix to promise the funding if elected and soon. Its a game and a big one but they ALL play it.
TimmyE
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by TimmyE »

In my opinion, they should delay building that Ivory Glass Tower in Kelowna and put that money towards the Penticton Hospital. It is sheer lunacy to build such a building in downtown Kelowna to house a 1,000 workers. What with the increased traffic and costs. What do they need to administrate if we can't get the sick and elderly in the hospitals to begin with? My beef is probably more with Interior Health than the BC government.
twobits
Guru

Post by twobits »

TimmyE wrote:In my opinion, they should delay building that Ivory Glass Tower in Kelowna and put that money towards the Penticton Hospital. It is sheer lunacy to build such a building in downtown Kelowna to house a 1,000 workers. What with the increased traffic and costs. What do they need to administrate if we can't get the sick and elderly in the hospitals to begin with? My beef is probably more with Interior Health than the BC government.

That building is not being paid for by the gov't. Private money is building it and IH is taking out a long term lease.
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

The problem with the gene pool is that there is no lifeguard.
nepal
Übergod

Post by nepal »

That building is not being paid for by the gov't. Private money is building it and IH is taking out a long term lease.

And those sizeable yearly lease payments, interior finishing, furniture...are paid for with...?
:9923:
jimsenchuk
Lord of the Board

Post by jimsenchuk »

I was in to see my doc this afternoon (Dr.David Paisley) for a medical problem. He said he was not to impressed with Clark. Dr. Paisley is one of the best doctors i have ever known, he has been my family doc for 9 yrs now. Penticton needs the new tower. To those who criticize the emerg dept in Penticton, go to the Kelowna emerg. People are coming from Kelowna now to the Pen Emerg. The Pen Emerg has always been very good to me, and i am very lucky to have such a caring doctor. Thank you Dr. David Paisley for your very caring manner and fighting for the new tower.
The only effective answer to organized greed is organized labor.

Return to “Central Okanagan”