Special Needs Mother Needs a Helping Hand

Naramatasunshine

Special Needs Mother Needs a Helping Hand

Post by Naramatasunshine »

The most caring and helpful person to others that I have ever had the priviledge of knowing, (and I am 61 years old) is now in need of help herself. After 35 years of marriage, she finds herself penniless and soon to be out of her home. She has a special needs son whom she has cared for with patience, love and spirit for 27 years. Her son is a big man now, but on the inside is a small child with many mental issues. He is loving toward others, his favorite movies are Lion King and Bambi. Social Services will not step up to the plate to help her. There is nothing they can do, even financially. Sadly they have been of little help for most of the 27 years. This woman will and has been the first to offer assistance to anyone in the community who has suffered loss, whether it was a fire, mudslide, death or illness, often at her own expense, using money set aside for groceries or utililites. I am asking anyone who can open their heart to help her. She needs a place in Penticton where she can feel safe and at peace. If there is a special angel out there who can provide her with such a place, I need to know. She literally only receives a pittance from
Disability for her son, has no other source of income. Her house will most likely be foreclosed upon with bankruptcy to follow. Topped up with losing her marriage, it is more than enough to break anyone's back. PLEASE HELP! I pray someone with some wealth and a loving heart will come forward and offer assistance and have the ideal place for her. She needs some peace, she needs our help for a change. I think this is the first-ever topic I have posted so am not sure how it works as far as contacting me if you can help. I'm sure the moderators will help. Thank you and God bless.
Tero
Board Meister

Re: Special Needs Mother Needs a Helping Hand

Post by Tero »

http://www.communitylivingbc.ca/

She needs to start here. They will help - that's the point of the agency.
Captain Awesome
Buddha of the Board

Post by Captain Awesome »

Don't want to shutter your hope, but I don't think there's any society/organization that provides rent-free living. It might be subsidized, but not much more than that...
Sarcasm is like a good game of chess. Most people don't know how to play chess.
Naramatasunshine

Post by Naramatasunshine »

The Community Living of BC has zero, zilch for this mother and her son. No money, no housing, nada. All this because he is over 19 ! When they talk of education and. Work programs for adults there is NOTHING available for 27 year old CHILDREN who cannot learn and cannot work. If I'm missing something here by all means inform me or give me contact info for someone who understands this situation and CAN assist! Thank you!
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

Naramatasunshine wrote:The Community Living of BC has zero, zilch for this mother and her son. No money, no housing, nada. All this because he is over 19 ! When they talk of education and. Work programs for adults there is NOTHING available for 27 year old CHILDREN who cannot learn and cannot work. If I'm missing something here by all means inform me or give me contact info for someone who understands this situation and CAN assist! Thank you!

Check your PM
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.

Return to “Central Okanagan”