Old Pizza Hut

mug48

Old Pizza Hut

Post by mug48 »

Lots of construction vehicles at the old Pizza Hut building on the corner of Main St. and Duncan Ave. Anyone know whats going on?
BoB76
Guru

Re: Old Pizza Hut

Post by BoB76 »

I'm holding out hope for Slack's.....
You can't fix stupid........BUT you can dress them up and over pay them to teach your kids!
Graham Adder
Guru

Post by Graham Adder »

Apparently BoB is jonesin' for a beer or the sight of a naked booby.
That or his "old-timer's" is getting the best of him.
Tyde

Post by Tyde »

They're trying to put Cora's over by the Subway in the Walmart Parking lot....

The old Pizza Hut got bought by A & W...
XT225
Lord of the Board

Post by XT225 »

You're not the first person who has mentioned that rumor about A&W buying the old Pizza hut location. But WHY? The building outside would have to be changed to match what A&W's look like and its a smaller lot (not certain) with no drivethru area. However, look at what Pizza Hut did; moved to a MUCH smaller location; basically take out now. Lets ask Twobits...he goes to A&W all the time; he will know.
mug48

Post by mug48 »

Just heard from my neighbour it was being renovated for the A&W. Asked a guy working there and he didn't know what was going in (Strange??) but said it wasalmost doubling in size. Also, the company wants to get rid of the alley which runs through the parking lot. Thanks!!
johnhenry
Übergod

Post by johnhenry »

mug48 wrote:Just heard from my neighbour it was being renovated for the A&W. Asked a guy working there and he didn't know what was going in (Strange??) but said it wasalmost doubling in size. Also, the company wants to get rid of the alley which runs through the parking lot. Thanks!!

Does the alley run through the parking lot, or does the property use the alley as part of the parking lot?
Words out of your mouth are like bullets out of a gun.
Once they are out, you can't take them back.
Tony
Übergod

Post by Tony »

Isn't there A&W two or three blocks away at Industrial? Seems like some overkill to me.
southy
Lord of the Board

Post by southy »

Apparently the A&W on industrial is the one moving into the old Pizza Hut location. From what I hear, renters in that plaza are fed up with the owner (a local) as leases keep going and going and going and going up! Take a look, lots of empty space and now more.
Tero
Board Meister

Post by Tero »

southy wrote:Apparently the A&W on industrial is the one moving into the old Pizza Hut location. From what I hear, renters in that plaza are fed up with the owner (a local) as leases keep going and going and going and going up! Take a look, lots of empty space and now more.

I heard that too - when I was at A&W yesterday and an employee told me. :-)
twobits
Guru

Post by twobits »

XT225 wrote:You're not the first person who has mentioned that rumor about A&W buying the old Pizza hut location. But WHY? The building outside would have to be changed to match what A&W's look like and its a smaller lot (not certain) with no drivethru area. However, look at what Pizza Hut did; moved to a MUCH smaller location; basically take out now. Lets ask Twobits...he goes to A&W all the time; he will know.

Wow, really clever XT. How about I suggest every time I drive past the soup kitchen I see you in the line up. Grow up dude.
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

The problem with the gene pool is that there is no lifeguard.
twobits
Guru

Post by twobits »

XT225 wrote:You're not the first person who has mentioned that rumor about A&W buying the old Pizza hut location. But WHY? The building outside would have to be changed to match what A&W's look like and its a smaller lot (not certain) with no drivethru area. However, look at what Pizza Hut did; moved to a MUCH smaller location; basically take out now. Lets ask Twobits...he goes to A&W all the time; he will know.

If this rumour is true, it would likely be a demolish and rebuild. The Pizza Hut building is worthless. The value is land and location. Lease payments on the existing location plus triple net common area costs will cover the capital expense at todays financing rates while building owner equity. Timing would be dependant on their current lease expiry. I learned that from my frequent trips for Root Beer XT.
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

The problem with the gene pool is that there is no lifeguard.
XT225
Lord of the Board

Post by XT225 »

Good info, twobits. Thank you. Knew you would have some insight into it all. I did see some guys in white suits yesterday, all masked up; believe they were removing asbestos. Not sure if they would do that if its a complete demolition or not; I guess they can't be too careful these days even when knocking down entire buildings, they don't want asbestos particles flying around loose in the air. Will be interesting to see what unfolds.
mug48

Post by mug48 »

wow, I live practically across the street from the new A&W and never noticed the white suits. Busy reading the Herald I guess. Yeah, from what I understand there is an alley which runs from the Duncan Ave. entrance to the radio station and the other alley intersects it behind the Mac's store.

Return to “Central Okanagan”