Summerland man threatening dog owners/walkers

juz516
Board Meister

Summerland man threatening dog owners/walkers

Post by juz516 »

The Summerland RCMP is keeping tabs on a situation at Sun-Oka Beach Provincial Park where there have been confrontations between a middle-aged man and women walking their dogs.

It has been brought to the detachment’s attention and they have spoken to the gentleman, said Cpl. Bruce Haley.

“He feels threatened by the dogs, and has been rude and obnoxious,” he said. “We have cautioned him about his behavior and will continue to keep an eye on the situation.”

The concern is so great, that a sign has been posted at the park, which has a separate dog beach, that reads, 'Be on the alert for an aggressive man at Sun Oka Park dog beach'.

It further states he has been threatening to poison dogs in the pet area of the park.

The man is described as a tall, slim white man in his early 60s and the sign warns he is particularly aggressive toward women alone with dogs, but has also been aggressive toward elderly men with dogs.

On Friday morning, a man walking with his four pets said he comes to the beach often and has never seen the man.

Still, the situation is a little alarming and he watches his dogs carefully and makes sure they don’t pick up something to eat off the beach.

Both the sign and the Summerland RCMP ask people to call 911, if they have any worrying confrontations at the park, near Summerland.

I find this very disturbing and feel it arises from the sensationalism of what has been going on with regards to dogs/dog attacks, etc. What would the man be doing in the "dog park" if he feels threatened by dogs....and why approach women that are alone and elderly men? Simply because he is a bully and they are the people that would likely not retaliate or that he feels he can intimidate? And, to possibly threaten to poison? This is one pretty sick "puppy" and pretty pathetic....but is this what is being bred by the media's sensationalism of events?
W105
Guru

Re: Summerland man threatening dog owners/walkers

Post by W105 »

I agree juz516...if he hates dogs maybe stay out of a Dog Park (idiot... cough cough) hope he encounters a woman with a can of mace ....
coffeeFreak
Guru

Post by coffeeFreak »

My first thought is I wonder if the guy has Alzheimers ..
juz516
Board Meister

Post by juz516 »

I guess that could be, but you are giving way to much benefit of doubt, IMO, because the RCMP talked with the man. Sounds like just another dog hater or someone that believes things should be all his way....like many others in the Okanagan. My opinion only, of course! lol
charliebean
Fledgling

Post by charliebean »

This is a very bad situation. Obviously this guy has mental issues and is a threat to public safety. Who says they are scared of dogs but then go to a dog park and then displays this kind of behavior. He is looking to start something and when he does it will not be pretty. The public needs more info on this guy to protect themselves....anyone have any info on him that they can share.
Lore
Übergod

Post by Lore »

Topic was being discussed here.
viewtopic.php?f=26&t=50074
melscarandtruckrental
Fledgling

Post by melscarandtruckrental »

This clown is a bully trying to intimidate people who he thinks he can. If he had mental problems he would be targeting everyone not just women and elderly men. He seems to know not to target someone who potentially could knock him on his butt.
Better to keep your mouth shut and have people think your an idiot than open it and confirm it !!!
charliebean
Fledgling

Post by charliebean »

He is a coward!!! Hope karma stops by to say hi to him..
bccan

Post by bccan »

He sounds like a coward, as a woman he better not try to start something with me, cause I for sure wouldn't let this guy try to bully me.Not scred of this "punk"
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Lore wrote:Topic was being discussed here.
viewtopic.php?f=26&t=50074
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
bipdl
Board Meister

Post by bipdl »

If this goofball is looking for trouble, I'd wager he'll find it sooner than he thinks... and then he'll be the one calling the RCMP!

Dog nothing... he'd better beware of my wife!

Woof!
'Authority' is not a reason.
The most universally violated human right is the Right To Be Treated With Dignity.
Pffft, you humans. It's amazing you've made it this far. - Prot
kibbs
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by kibbs »

This guy is an early warning system.A war is brewing and dog lovers / people haters should be aware.This guy is nuts but arrogant dog owners are driving people nuts.This guy needs help .He is a fellow human ,too bad hes not a dog he might get it.
http://www.cbc.ca/doczone/episode/dog-dazed.html
Peace be with you.
juz516
Board Meister

Post by juz516 »

Get off your soapbox....This man is approaching people in a flipping dog park...and approaching women who are alone as well as elderly men. No excuses for scaring people who are simply walking their pet(s) in a designated area.
kibbs
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by kibbs »

No excuses for scaring people who are simply walking their pet(s) in a designated area.

I will not obey to your commands like a dog.There is no excuse but there is a reason.He is a troubled human being .Shall we crucify him because he hates dogs.Are you hoping for slow torture or mental health care for him.
Peace be with you.
juz516
Board Meister

Post by juz516 »

:ohmygod: Yes, there are people in this world that need "help"....and there are some very bitter humans as well that just might need a different sort of "help" when they seem to be jealous/envious of the love given to pets.

Return to “Central Okanagan”