1991 Riots

bipdl
Board Meister

Re: 1991 Riots

Post by bipdl »

Wow! That was great, asas! I love the way you handled the big drunk guy!!! Shows us your human side!

It seems, all things considered, that we may have far more in common than we first realized. And, I really appreciate the fact that you brought laughter to my day!

However. I simply cannot agree that anything about Nickelback could ever possibly be called "great" - other than that their concerts might be relatively uneventful for police in that you guys don't have to clamp down... (saves you the paperwork, which is a good thing!).

May all your shifts be safe!

Cheers
'Authority' is not a reason.
The most universally violated human right is the Right To Be Treated With Dignity.
Pffft, you humans. It's amazing you've made it this far. - Prot
bipdl
Board Meister

Post by bipdl »

Fluffy, just to clarify... I do not consider the police to be a problem.

I believe the problem lies in outdated, quasi-prohibitionistic laws.

And, it's going to take some time for looser laws to show any possibly positive effects... more than just a summer or two.

Or, perhaps you will be proven right... that westerners are simply incapable of learning how to properly and responsibly handle expanded freedoms or social change or how to behave themselves in a civil manner whenever alcohol is involved.

Only time will tell.
The most universally violated human right is the Right To Be Treated With Dignity.
Stargazer

Post by Stargazer »

you can sure tell the "people" from the Police,politicians and lawyers around here...kind of obvious,the latter should have hooks on their noses to hang a bucket off of to catch all the BS that flows out with each post..
fluffy
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by fluffy »

Stargazer wrote:you can sure tell the "people" from the Police,politicians and lawyers around here...kind of obvious,the latter should have hooks on their noses to hang a bucket off of to catch all the BS that flows out with each post..

You mean like the difference between those that come to actually discuss something as opposed to those who just make noise?
“We’ll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective.” – Kurt Vonnegut
bipdl
Board Meister

Post by bipdl »

-fluffy- wrote:You mean like the difference between those that come to actually discuss something as opposed to those who just make noise?
Yup, Stargazer must be a Nickelback fan. Noise is right!
Stargazer

Post by Stargazer »

sorry to wake you with my noise...that's right its 7am and you need to take your 3 blue pills,1 red pill and four green ones,go get in your car and run 4 red lights,6 stops signs and make sure you get all your seniors discounts that you can possibly squeeze out of any local events or businesses(your kinda fun I guess)...are you guys jealous cause you lost your Square dance Jamboree that used to rock penticton for a week??...Nickleback may not be great,but they appear to have a bit more talent than you..ok back to your so-called discussions of greatness and turning Penticton into the armpit of the Okanagan..or maybe it is already...yep sure smells round here!
bipdl
Board Meister

Post by bipdl »

Wow! Thanks for the hilarious rant! I'm still laughing!

I hear Dustbin Beiber is coming soon. Got your tickets yet?

BTW, how does one square dance to Zeppelin? The Sex Pistols RULE! And, did anyone tweet you that Alvin Lee just passed on?
Drip_Torch
Guru

Post by Drip_Torch »

bipdl wrote:
I hear Dustbin Beiber is coming soon. Got your ticket yet?

Wow... now that's the stuff that sparks teen uprisings. After all, he does have #thatpower. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DGIgXP9SvB8

Hmm, while it may only be rumoured that Beiber is coming - we do know for sure he won't be playing with his monkey anytime soon.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/arts/story/2013/ ... -home.html

And, did anyone tweet you that Alvin Lee just passed on?

Checked my twitter feed and nope... just the usual stuff, 9/11 was an inside job, the bankers are enslaving the middle class and today is a heavy chemtrail day.

Really think it's time to upgrade the twits I follow.

(Speaking of which: Please @emergencymanagementbc ... can you unblock me? I promise I won't ask any questions and I take back that off the cuff remark about replacing your whole organization with a self congratulatory form letter. Seriously, you guys didn't need to go all EOC on my as* - over it.)
Drip Torch - an upright and steadfast keeper of the flame, but when tilted sideways the contents spill and then our destiny is in the wind...

Return to “Central Okanagan”