Ridiculous Gas Prices – 142.9 and Climbing

nepal
Übergod

Re: Ridiculous Gas Prices – 142.9 and Climbing

Post by nepal »

Solution: Buy a smaller car and drive less.
fluffy
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by fluffy »

It seems obvious doesn't it? Makes you wonder why so many don't even want to consider it. Have we become so superficial that hanging on to the big vehicle is such a priority?
“We’ll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective.” – Kurt Vonnegut
grammafreddy
Chief Sh*t Disturber

Post by grammafreddy »

One can also save a lot of time and fuel by planning their route, not doing any one-item shopping every day, planning ahead and making a list, then shopping once or twice a week, and going to where you need to be by the most direct or most efficient route.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
We are a generation of idiots - smart phones and dumb people.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
fluffy
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by fluffy »

Exactly. Cut the number of trips in half, gas expense goes down 50%. Not exactly higher math.
“We’ll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective.” – Kurt Vonnegut
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

-fluffy- wrote:Exactly. Cut the number of trips in half, gas expense goes down 50%. Not exactly higher math.

To add to that.... unless your owner manual requires it, then don't use higher grade fuel than regular. Since mid-grade or premium is 9¢ to 15¢+ per/ litre more depending on which one you use.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Static
Guru

Post by Static »

nepal wrote:.
Solution: drive less.

Exactly. If its within a mile, walk.
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

I'm due for a new vehicle, so I'm seriously considering the purchase of a Ford Focus Electric or a Nissan Leaf thanks to those high gas prices. There are sure a lot of electrical car charging stations in the area now!
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

I know someone doing very well with a Volt. But can't fit all the kids. Solution! Donate the kids to the local charities.

Done and done.
Last edited by Queen K on Jun 1st, 2013, 11:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

Queen K wrote:I know someone doing very well with a Volt. But can it fit all the kids. Solution! Donate the kids to the local charities.

Done and done.

We have two vehicles, so we would keep the minivan. Electric vehicles aren't practical for long trips anyway.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Not my kinda trips for sure.

Are there any electric SUVs yet? I'm too lazy to google that right now.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?

Return to “Central Okanagan”