Hooligans partying in the bush

Static
Guru

Re: Hooligans partying in the Bush

Post by Static »

The bush is a lot more accessible now than it was 30 years ago. Times have changed. Perhaps it is not the quaders that are selfish but rather your type?
fluffy
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by fluffy »

It's not like there isn't enough bush to go around. Some folks like the peace and quiet, some like the freedom to hoot and holler, but it's obvious these two activities don't make for a good mix. What's the best way around the problem?
“We’ll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective.” – Kurt Vonnegut
Static
Guru

Post by Static »

I agree Fluffy. I think what would be best is there was no motorized vehicle zones. But, I don't think it would stop the type the threa is talking about because there is not enough manpower to police it properly. They could always require license plates on the machines so people can take a pic of the person with the registration number in a non motorized zone.
Bretbaby
Übergod

Post by Bretbaby »

Are you kidding me?

1) Don't you dare blame quadders for the dust back there!! EVERYONE makes dust back there, even people up there working for a living!

2) If you want to hoot and holler and party loud all night, then good for you for doing in the back woods (if you stay overnight) and not in town. Seriously though, I don't understand how hard it is to take home your garbage/bottles.

3) There are SO many lakes and camping areas in the back woods that I don't see how the quiet group and the party group even clash!
GoStumpy
Lord of the Board

Post by GoStumpy »

Bretbaby wrote:
3) There are SO many lakes and camping areas in the back woods that I don't see how the quiet group and the party group even clash!

I think so too... I was perturbed because the loud party was at a trophy fishing lake... There are so many areas to have a party in the woods, why pick a beautiful trophy fishing lake???
Disclaimer: My posts may contain honesty. May not be suitable for all audiences.
Cumungala
Übergod

Post by Cumungala »

There is no end to the amount of hicks messing around in the bush and destroying nature. It seems that this destroy everything while packing MAD heat attitude is here to stay. Some people like tearing up lakes and swamps with their trucks like its the highlight of their lives, instead of using proper mud bog pits. Once my uncle and I were in the bush and we stopped on a logging road to get out and look at a view when a mud covered truck came tearing down the road. It sped by us and the early 20s punks inside threw out some trash and yelled a bunch of swears at us. It took all my control to stop from bombarding their truck with rocks as they drove away.
Static
Guru

Post by Static »

Bretbaby wrote:Are you kidding me?

1) Don't you dare blame quadders for the dust back there!! EVERYONE makes dust back there, even people up there working for a living!

2) If you want to hoot and holler and party loud all night, then good for you for doing in the back woods (if you stay overnight) and not in town. Seriously though, I don't understand how hard it is to take home your garbage/bottles.

agreed
Stargazer

Post by Stargazer »

gala ...could you embellish the story anymore?

if your worried about a little dirt flyin in the hills and you got dusted..and your partners candy wrapper floated by in the wind..wow

how come your not up Apex or Carmi...bashing the clear cut devestation..or in Alberta bashing the tarsands..tire marks take days to go away..

do the math on trees and oil clean up..or is it "nimby" complex

if the government can destroy our land why can't we?..it must be ok?..they do it?
Relentless
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Relentless »

GoStumpy wrote:For a third time in a row, every time we've been to Sawmill Lake on a Friday or Saturday night, there has been a large group of young people I'm naming 'Hooligans' arriving during the day and into the night, drinking & partying, and then leaving for home somewhere around 2-3am...

Call the RCMP as soon as you see partying in the bush, the CO's do not have time for monitoring parties.
fluffy
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by fluffy »

Stargazer wrote:..tire marks take days to go away..

Not always the case.

http://northword.ca/fall-2006/atvs-and-the-alpine
“We’ll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective.” – Kurt Vonnegut
Relentless
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Relentless »

Static wrote:You never attended any bush parties in your youth? You are all a prime example of why the youth are leaving the valley in droves. How can you stand living in such a grumpy state. Get over yourselves, or, even better, do the valley some good and move.

The messes left in the bush, from bush parties today is far worse then in the past.
No, I didn't go to bush parties, we went camping, stayed overnight, and showed respect.
From what I have seen around the Okanagan, with today's youth, their "wild sides" have become considerably worse.

If these types of clowns are leaving the valley, so be it, good riddance!

It is standard policy to take furniture into the bush, and then half burn it and leave it when the black smoke toxic smoke cloud doesn't smell right.
Most punks that visit Grad parties also drive their cars/parents cars into the bush, as well, drink and drive.

The whole concept of "bush parties", IMO, should be banned!

It's not that "punks" need to have fun, it's that punks don't show enough respect or responsibility towards others or "nature"
fluffy
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by fluffy »

"Banning" might be a little extreme when all that is needed is a little more responsibility and respect, responsibility to keep damage to a minimum and to clean up when it does happen, and repsect for others that are using or will use the area in question. This sort of thing is best handled by the partiers themselves, I know when we partied in the bush and someone got out of line the first people to let them know about was the other partiers, and the message meant a lot more coming from them than anything that could be said here. Those of us who are a little longer in the tooth can attest to the fact that we too were once young, and know full well that part of being young is that you're smarter than everybody else, especially them old farts.
Relentless
Grand Pooh-bah

Re: Hooligans partying in the bush

Post by Relentless »

We cleaned up a party spot up Myra FSR, 3 weeks ago. There were over a hundred people there partying.
The next morning as we were cleaning up, 2 responsible ones showed up to cleanup, as their parents made them.
2 out of one hundred, and a couple of us "old timers" cleaned up the mess.

The 2 helping, stated that everyone that partied was to return to help clean it up, and guess what, they were the only 2.
Broken glass everywhere! Garbage everywhere!
I'm not sure the other 98% could ever be responsible, unless someone cracked a Big wet whip behind them!
Most are "Hooligans"
Static
Guru

Re: Hooligans partying in the bush

Post by Static »

Ultra never attended any Bush parties because he was never invited. He was too grumpy.
dirtybiker
Walks on Forum Water

Post by dirtybiker »

-fluffy- wrote:This sort of thing is best handled by the partiers themselves, I know when we partied in the bush and someone got out of line the first people to let them know about was the other partiers, and the message meant a lot more coming from them than anything that could be said here.

Years ago I was part of a group out in the middle of nowhere camping, dirtbiking by day,
partying by night.
When this one clown busted his bottle in the fire I spoke out against it and I couldn't
believe the amount of others that defiantly flung a bunch more bottles into the fire,
burning the cases, plastic, you name it, yelling that they come to the bush cause they're tired
of always being told how to act, talk, live their lives.

Right then and there I packed up my stuff and moved my camp a 100 or so yards away,
started my own fire, a select few joined me, the 'Hooligans' were not welcome unless they
abided by my no trace usage code.

The RCMP showed up, apparently we were not as far in the middle of nowhere as we thought.

They went through the main camp, wrote a bunch of violations tickets and recorded everyones personal and vehicle info with
a threat of huge fines if they came back at the start of the week and found a mess.

In turn when they came to where I had moved my camp to, nada, nothing, told to
enjoy our weekend as it was a tidy camp with empties and any garbage where it belonged...bagged.

Touche!!!!!
"Don't 'p' down my neck then tell me it's raining!"

Return to “Central Okanagan”