Hooligans partying in the bush

fluffy
Admiral HMS Castanet

Re: Hooligans partying in the bush

Post by fluffy »

The justifications offered to behave badly are countless, but the bottom line is still that the behavior is bad. Some people clue into this earlier in life than others, some never do.
“We’ll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective.” – Kurt Vonnegut
Static
Guru

Post by Static »

I had a party this weekend. 30 people, 2 kegs in my backyard. Cops showed up to *bleep* it down. We moved it inside and nobody bothered us the rest of the night. We have a party like this maybe twice a year. It doesn't make us hooligans because we all let loose. It doesn't make us hooligans though. The same goes for 99.9% of bush partiers. You grumpy folk have to stop generalizing.
Ken7
Walks on Forum Water

Re: Hooligans partying in the Bush

Post by Ken7 »

Static wrote:Of course you all cleaned up the party site. Give me a break. Youth do not change.

I beg to differ with you on this.

When I was 16 yrs old we partied in the PULIC Campground, burnt their wood not their picnic tables. We pilled our beer bottles by the garbage cans.

The RCMP visited us almost every time. On occasion leting us know our sterio was too loud. "Sorry Officer, I'll turn it down." The misuc was not turned back up.

When we left, we drove home sensably, not racing home. There was never a injury or death to any of the Lake land kids, no fights and public property was left unharmed too.

If youth respected themselves, others and other peoples property there would be no problem doing as we did getting 50-75 youth together to enjoy a beer and socialize.

You are sadly mistaken about youth not changing!!
Last edited by Ken7 on Jun 25th, 2013, 7:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Relentless
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Relentless »

Static wrote:I had a party this weekend. 30 people, 2 kegs in my backyard. Cops showed up to *bleep* it down. We moved it inside and nobody bothered us the rest of the night. We have a party like this maybe twice a year. It doesn't make us hooligans because we all let loose. It doesn't make us hooligans though. The same goes for 99.9% of bush partiers. You grumpy folk have to stop generalizing.

It's obvious from this post, that you don't understand we are talking about "bush parties", not backyard parties.
And, for the record, we are not grumpy, we are just reacting to irresponsible partiers, something that responsible people do when they see or find messes and destruction left in the bush on public land!
fluffy
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by fluffy »

That's it exactly. Nobody is saying all kids do it, just that the ones that do are not getting the basics of respect and courtesy. Static, how would you feel if somebody torched some furniture in your back yard ? Or left garbage and broken glass for you to clean up. Nobody is trying to cut out all partying. I think it might be you who is generalizing in lumping "grumpy folk" altogether. We're not down on all kids, just the boneheads.
“We’ll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective.” – Kurt Vonnegut
twobits
Guru

Post by twobits »

The cross country skiing parking lot up Carmi is a perfect example. It has been a youth bush party site for three generations now and it has only been the last generation that has destroyed it. The parking lot is now crushed glass rather than the original gravel and the area is littered with the carcasses of burnt up couches and car seats. It's saddens this grumpy old fart every time I see it. I just cannot understand the deliberate destruction.
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

The problem with the gene pool is that there is no lifeguard.
fluffy
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by fluffy »

A good question
twobits wrote:The parking lot is now crushed glass rather than the original gravel and the area is littered with the carcasses of burnt up couches and car seats.

So, a good question for Mr. It-doesn't-make-us-hooligans-because-we-all-let-loose, who cleans up?
Static
Guru

Post by Static »

In most cases Couches and car seats are able to be burned because people dump them on the side of roads. Do you stop and pick up these couches when you see them? I see no nothing wrong with burning the couches if they were there first. Lets be honest, how many high schoolers have extra couches to burn. As far as I can remember there has always been broken glass at party pits. We are talking about drunk kids after all.
fluffy
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by fluffy »

This is kind of what we're talking about here, the abundance of people who see nothing wrong with this sort of behavior.
twobits
Guru

Post by twobits »

Static wrote:In most cases Couches and car seats are able to be burned because people dump them on the side of roads. Do you stop and pick up these couches when you see them? I see no nothing wrong with burning the couches if they were there first. Lets be honest, how many high schoolers have extra couches to burn. As far as I can remember there has always been broken glass at party pits. We are talking about drunk kids after all.

The couches and car seats are picked up out of back alleys and even sally anne and brought to the party site because it's "cool" to have seating at a bush party. Apparently hauling them back out is not cool.

Yes I have been known to pack other peoples garbage out of the bush and by the sounds of it, some of it was likely yours.

If you see nothing wrong with burning toxic foam and plastics, never mind the forest hazard, I can't help you.

Burned plenty of my brain cells at bush parties and rarely broke a bottle. Accidental if I did. We had designated bottle spots for empties and within 24 hrs, someone would have collected them and taken them to the bottle depot for a nice wad of cash. Now, throwing them into the fire is the preferred disposal method.
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

The problem with the gene pool is that there is no lifeguard.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

I see no nothing wrong with burning the couches if they were there first
Hopefully now you see there is something terribly wrong with that behavior. Totally unacceptable.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
Static
Guru

Post by Static »

wow
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Wow is right. No one in their right mind would even consider doing something so foolish.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
johnhenry
Übergod

Post by johnhenry »

Words out of your mouth are like bullets out of a gun.
Once they are out, you can't take them back.
fluffy
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by fluffy »

Adult hooligans from the sound of things.

Return to “Central Okanagan”