Boat crash on walking pier

Ken7
Walks on Forum Water

Re: Boat crash on walking pier

Post by Ken7 »

Not confused, why spend more money by placing tenders. Use your resources and fix it. KISS!
Give the guy a bill outlining costs, end of story.
reneisone

Re: Boat crash on walking pier

Post by reneisone »

Hi I'm Rene boat owner The city has never applied for any work permits for the pier...Me and my friend where both looking ahead that night..I have proof and pictures that the city removed yellow Caution buoys that Direct you around the pier for years. I've followed landmarks buoys and lights entering penticton water ways for years,,,the removal of the last four buoys changes navigation, which directs you into the pier at night with no tine to react...I was lucky the water was almost touching the bottom of the pier that night...City now replaced the railings without approval from transport Canada.Sure it looks nice,BUT Its not safe.
#1The city replaced the railing with pressure treated wood which is not permitted near fresh water because toxic leaching which requires a permit from environment Canada
Environment Act, SN 1995 c E-13.1, which requires prior written approval for any alteration of any body of water (Section 11) and which generally prohibits pollution (Section 9)
#2 The new Black chain link fencing that runs down the entire pier on both railings falls under the Navigable Waters Protection Act (R.S.C., 1985, c. N-22)9.
(1) A local authority, company or individual proposing to construct any work in navigable waters may apply to the Minister for approval by depositing the plans for its design and construction and a description of the proposed site with the Minister.

#3 Safety (BLACK FENCE ON PIER)or RESCUE
(A) Makes the pier even darker at night also Blocks view of landmarks and navigation lights / buoys.

(B)For some reason somebody falls into the freezing water, fast rescue is Impossible, The BLACK FENCING prohibits reaching through and holding body above the water.Also makes it impossible to recover body for CPR or Hypothermia because its 4 feet high.

(C)Danger same scenario" BOAT HITS PIER" boat driver has heart attack hits pier @ 35 klm go's completely over the pier,
Every human on that pier is going to be scooped up like a fishing net, and would be dragged to the bottom of the lake,with the boat.

Return to “Central Okanagan”