Penticton Delegates to Germany

livewire
Fledgling

Penticton Delegates to Germany

Post by livewire »

Just heard a story that 12 people were sent to Germany to watch a challenge race. Not sure who they are but believe Jessie Campbell is one of them.

Wondering who's footing that bill? Anyone know?
southy
Lord of the Board

Re: Penticton Delegates to Germany

Post by southy »

Old news livewire. Believe there were a couple stories in the Herald and the Western. Not sure if Castanet carried a story or not. No Jessie Campbell did not go. Not sure who paid for this but would suspect Challenge. I personally believe this was good for both Challenge Penticton and the City of Penticton.
livewire
Fledgling

Post by livewire »

I believe the membership girl from the chamber went, a couple of other people from the chamber....

Yes it is good to send people to see how these events go down when you are a community new to this type of event. We have been doing a substantially larger event, with great success for many years. The people and volunteers of penticton know what's involved to host this type event. My question is who paid the bill to send 12 people to Germany to watch it.....to see what's involved... when we already know what's involved.
southy
Lord of the Board

Post by southy »

I thought I read alot about this delegation, but when I start searching I can't find anything local???? I did come across the following from Germany http://www.challenge-roth.com/en/news/n ... _13-6.html

Livewire .. I hear your concern as to who paid for this delegation to travel to Germany. I suspect Challenge did. If you really want to know call James Miller at the Penticton Herald or Barb Haynes at Challenge Penticton, either one could and I'm sure would tell you.
FSmith59
Banned

Post by FSmith59 »

It is on The Herald site under local sports and about half way down the second page of headlines. I read it when it was on the main page. It is now only viewable if you have a Herald online subscription, which I don't, so I can't post a link.

This is all I could copy and paste.

COLUMN: Challenge bound for Roth

Tuesday, 09 July 2013 02:00 Jodie Hopper

Challenge Penticton, Canada will be promoting the local race during Europe's largest triathlon event.

Return to “Central Okanagan”