Naramata Pub Closed

FSmith59
Banned

Naramata Pub Closed

Post by FSmith59 »

http://www.castanet.net/edition/news-story-95239-21-.htm#95239

Anyone know if this is permanent? It is an odd time of year for a pub to close down as these are the busy months. The only reasons I can think of would be liquor violations or a major repair problem.

If it is permanent, I wonder if Julius will take another shot at mayor in the by-election?

I know, lots of speculation on my part.
Last edited by FSmith59 on Jul 18th, 2013, 12:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
livewire
Fledgling

Re: Naramata Pub Closed

Post by livewire »

I believe Julius owns the hotel, not the pub and I did hear a while back that the pub was for sale.....
FSmith59
Banned

Post by FSmith59 »

You're correct. He did own the pub at one time, but no longer.

http://www.castanet.net/news/Penticton/88416/New-owners-buy-home-Inn-time

I guess that answers the election question as well. He has stated he wasn't running, now that he bought the hotel.

Still seems an odd time of year for the pub to shut down.
southy
Lord of the Board

Post by southy »

FSmith59 wrote:I guess that answers the election question as well. He has stated he wasn't running, now that he bought the hotel.

One more correction on the facts, I don't believe Julius purchased the hotel, he has a management contract. Big difference.
FSmith59
Banned

Post by FSmith59 »

southy wrote:One more correction on the facts, I don't believe Julius purchased the hotel, he has a management contract. Big difference.

And to correct your correction...lol

From above link:

New owners buy home 'Inn' time

by Deborah Pfeiffer - Penticton Correspondent - Story: 88416
Mar 7, 2013 / 6:09 am

Photo: Deborah Pfeiffer

Inn under new ownership

A historic building, which has served as a hotel and home to the man who started the fruit industry in the Naramata area, is under new ownership.

Penticton realtor Julius Bloomfield and his wife Toni Bloomfield recently acquired the Narmata Heritage Inn & Spa, including its wine bar, food service and spa operations.

Bloomfield is the former owner of Camp Street Station, best known as the Naramata pub.
johnhenry
Übergod

Post by johnhenry »

southy wrote:One more correction on the facts, I don't believe Julius purchased the hotel, he has a management contract. Big difference.

FSmith59 wrote:And to correct your correction...lol

From above link:

New owners buy home 'Inn' time

by Deborah Pfeiffer - Penticton Correspondent - Story: 88416
Mar 7, 2013 / 6:09 am

Photo: Deborah Pfeiffer

Inn under new ownership

A historic building, which has served as a hotel and home to the man who started the fruit industry in the Naramata area, is under new ownership.

Penticton realtor Julius Bloomfield and his wife Toni Bloomfield recently acquired the Narmata Heritage Inn & Spa, including its wine bar, food service and spa operations.

Bloomfield is the former owner of Camp Street Station, best known as the Naramata pub.

Bloomfield didn't sign a no competition clause?
Words out of your mouth are like bullets out of a gun.
Once they are out, you can't take them back.
FSmith59
Banned

Post by FSmith59 »

johnhenry wrote:Bloomfield didn't sign a no competition clause?

For what? He bought the hotel. Maybe he did sign one. That would still only mean the old hotel owner couldn't open a new one in the area for awhile. If you mean for when he sold the pub, that wouldn't matter either, as he has not opened a new pub.
livewire
Fledgling

Post by livewire »

Not to mention, when I use to go there 9 years ago he had already sold it. most non competes in the food industry are 2 years ish.
southy
Lord of the Board

Post by southy »

Fsmith59 ... just want to make sure we are dealing with the facts ... Julius and his wife did not purchase the hotel ... they purchased the business operations (BIG DIFFERENCE) See the following story from Penticton Western ..

http://www.pentictonwesternnews.com/bus ... 42211.html
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

southy wrote:Fsmith59 ... just want to make sure we are dealing with the facts ... Julius and his wife did not purchase the hotel ... they purchased the business operations (BIG DIFFERENCE) See the following story from Penticton Western ..

So they are leasing and will be running the operation.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
daninnaramata

Post by daninnaramata »

The pub as a social gathering place seems to be less doable in the land of eternal vineyards and folks visiting and working them. My fondest days of pubing involved either dancing, digging a band, playing darts or pool or simply having some great food - which seem to be, for me now replaced by productive personal endeavors like building stuff or fixing things up, what have you. So, if guys like me show up at the pub once or twice a month in a local population of about 2500 and there are only a few guys like me I can see what happens to business in Naramata, unincorporated. Who knows whats happening with the pub, business is an art not inclined by nature to be successful. I'm buyn lotto tickets ...
FSmith59
Banned

Post by FSmith59 »

southy wrote:Fsmith59 ... just want to make sure we are dealing with the facts ... Julius and his wife did not purchase the hotel ... they purchased the business operations (BIG DIFFERENCE) See the following story from Penticton Western ..

I know the difference. If you read the Castanet story it said they bought the hotel. Nowhere does it say they bought the business only.

First two paragraphs from Castanet:

I guess I should consider the source and not be surprised that the story is grossly inaccurate.

Thanks for the Western link. It clears it up. Do you notice that even the Western story makes it sound like Julius bought the hotel, until half way down, where it finally states they only bought the business?

Return to “Central Okanagan”