War of concessions on lakeshore

livewire
Fledgling

War of concessions on lakeshore

Post by livewire »

Interesting story on lakeshore and power, apparently one concession stand is not allowed to sell pop, water, or slushie a because it competes with the other concession that actually pay city property tax on the land. The city is refusing to do anything about it. If your down there stop by for a very interesting longer version. Talk to the lady with the sale on pop.
Tero
Board Meister

Re: War of concessions on lakeshore

Post by Tero »

hmmm, I was under the impression that ALL but one beach concession in Penticton were leased and run by the same guy. (and the one that's not is at Skaha on the east side.)
livewire
Fledgling

Re: War of concessions on lakeshore

Post by livewire »

Yes, all but one concession 'building' are leased by the same guy. And he paid the city up front for leases on both ends for 20 something years. (apparently they produced a lease for the okanogan end and 7 ish years later still have not provided him with lease papers for skaha end.)But now the city has allowed other 'concessions' or vendors if you will, sell competing products outside his door....

He doesn't even own the 'building' on lakeshore and power, but pays property taxes to the city, has prepaid for several years on a lease, and the city allows a competitor on their front step.

My version of what I have been told by them.

Return to “Central Okanagan”