Pay to Park at the SOEC

pentona
Übergod

Re: Pay to Park at the SOEC

Post by pentona »

Parking at Propsera Place in Kelowna did used to be $5 for many years I believe but now its $10 and even for Hockey games.

http://prosperaplace.com/index.php?opti ... &Itemid=18
bipdl
Board Meister

Post by bipdl »

Does anyone know if this new fee applies to the blue-tinted license plate crowd now that they've been gifted with free parking in Penticton?
'Authority' is not a reason.
The most universally violated human right is the Right To Be Treated With Dignity.
Pffft, you humans. It's amazing you've made it this far. - Prot
tmjones

Post by tmjones »

Need clarification on this, phone global office.
This is an introduction rate. Meaning they will ask you if you can pay the $10. I know some people that go to concerts with just their tickets and no wallet so this will catch them off guard if they haven't seen the paper or media.
There will be global staff walking around asking people to pay.
bipdl
Board Meister

Post by bipdl »

Cash only, huh?

Where can I get a Global Spectrum staff uniform?? (It doesn't even have to be genuine, it just needs to look "real enough".)

Make sure you demand ID and ask for a signed written receipt on official letterhead!!!

Ring... ring.... ring... Hello, Revenue Canada tip line? I'd like to report....

Oh, here we go... I can see the scammer alert headlines already!
Last edited by bipdl on Aug 2nd, 2013, 6:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The most universally violated human right is the Right To Be Treated With Dignity.
bipdl
Board Meister

Post by bipdl »

tmjones wrote:This is an introduction rate. Meaning they will ask you if you can pay the $10.

Say WHAT???

Ask IF you can pay?

(Sure, here's my 10 bucks, buddy! I've got lots of money! Here, want more? I can afford it!)

{WHERE ARE THE SMILIES WHEN YOU REALLY NEED THEM ?!?! }
Rwede
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Rwede »

So how did y'all like the concert?

AJ is a true country gentleman. We completely enjoyed his show.
"I don't even disagree with the bulk of what's in the Leap Manifesto. I'll put forward my Leap Manifesto in the next election." - John Horgan, 2017.
XT225
Lord of the Board

Post by XT225 »

I thought it was a good show and sold out, too. I did NOT pay the $10 to park there; parked 3 blocks away and walked to and from the event; worked nicely.
applebee

Post by applebee »

Just think how healthy we all will be!!!
twobits
Guru

Post by twobits »

According to the write up in yesterday's Herald, the vast majority of people polled didn't think it was a big deal. One guy even said it was a steal as he paid $18 to park at the stampede grounds. I think the majority of people see it as a proper user pay fee that reduces the building operating deficit to the benefit of taxpayers that do not patronize the facility.

XT.....I can't help but point out the irony in your post. A few days ago you were complaining about a neighbours vacation rental guests taking up the parking and here you are, parking three blocks away to avoid paying ten bucks, occupying a space you really didn't need to. Was it in front of someones house or a spot for a business's customers? Maybe it was just a spot where a tourist could have parked to take a stroll on the beach?
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

The problem with the gene pool is that there is no lifeguard.
XT225
Lord of the Board

Post by XT225 »

No, twobits, we did NOT park in front of someone's house (I would never do that) but rather on city property and not near the beach. It's not hard to find parking a reasonable distance away that doesn't bother anyone. Avoiding the new 10 dollar fee is something that many of us will always do. We aren't all "loaded" like some of those who criticize us.
Rwede
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Rwede »

Hey, I got 4 Dairy Queen coupons for my $10 parking fee. What's better than a Peanut Buster Parfait?
"I don't even disagree with the bulk of what's in the Leap Manifesto. I'll put forward my Leap Manifesto in the next election." - John Horgan, 2017.
Bubalouie
Guru

Post by Bubalouie »

cheaper parking........LOL
matai
Banned

Post by matai »

Why would you not park in front of someone's house? If the parking spot is available, just take it!
bipdl
Board Meister

Post by bipdl »

twobits wrote:I think the majority of people see it as a proper user pay fee that reduces the building operating deficit to the benefit of taxpayers that do not patronize the facility.

You make a good point, twobits. User-Pay seems perfectly reasonable and fair to me!

What do you suppose you'd REALLY have to pay as your share of the millions and millions and millions that this ill-thought out, utterly extravagant overkill of a white elephant has cost? You use it, you pay. I don't use it, lower my taxes! Or do you feel everybody else's grandchildren should pay so you can go to the occasional hockey game and/or music show if and whenever the whim so takes you?

Parking "reducing the building operating deficit"? C'mon! ..."to the benefit of taxpayers"? Well (humpf), that's just plain hilarious! That's like saying overfishing saves the fish from being eaten by bears.
twobits
Guru

Post by twobits »

bipdl wrote: What do you suppose you'd REALLY have to pay as your share of the millions and millions and millions that this ill-thought out, utterly extravagant overkill of a white elephant has cost? You use it, you pay.

Sure, I'd go for that as long as we also apply the same philosophy to the art gallery, the library, the ice rinks, convention center and best of all the community center with the big new swimmin hole in it. None of these will ever come as close to operating in the black as the SOEC will. I understand it is difficult for you to wrap your head around the idea that they are all community assets enjoyed by a varied cross section of the population but please do try. And there is nothing wrong with people using the asset of their choice to pay a reasonable user fee to lessen the burden on those that don't.
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

The problem with the gene pool is that there is no lifeguard.

Return to “Central Okanagan”