Lack of Tourists, the City and the PHA

XT225
Lord of the Board

Re: Lack of Tourists, the City and the PHA

Post by XT225 »

To Totoro: No, if I turn my neighbour in, the issue will be gone (however they might be a bit hard to live beside). One of the stipulations of a Vacation Rental is that they must have "off street parking". My neighbour has NONE; no driveway so our street is often clogged with cars. Its not just one family of two to four that often rent these places, its several groups; we've had up to 12 staying there and three or four vehicles with boat trailers, etc. NOT a nice situation. Put yourself in my situation and see how you would like it. The city needs to crack down on this and other illegal activities in our town. They promised when they first allowed Vacation Rentals that they would have staff look at the ads on the web to ensure legality; it appears that isn't happening or if so, someone is doing a very poor job. I believe the tourists ARE here; just not in all the motels/hotels. Re the PHA, I don't know too much about them but IF they are sitting on a stack of funds, it should be utilized.
totoro

Post by totoro »

I see. I agree that is really really annoying. I would feel the same way in your shoes. I'm not sure why your neighbour thinks that it is okay to do that!

As for tourists, they are here, but the numbers seem to be down.
fluffy
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by fluffy »

I took a drive past the campsites along the south end of town on Saturday and the campsites there all looked full. One thing that struck me was the vast majority were fancy new travel trailers, tents were few and far between. There could be lots of reasons for that, it just struck me as odd.
“We’ll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective.” – Kurt Vonnegut
Bubalouie
Guru

Post by Bubalouie »

Good to hear they looked full, did you notice how it looked at Barefoot Beach? With peach festival this week, that should help with the tourists, shouldn't it? I personally haven't been in a long, long time, does it still bring a lot of people in?

Return to “Central Okanagan”