Anyone see anything wrong with this picture?

omisimaw
Guru

Anyone see anything wrong with this picture?

Post by omisimaw »

http://www.castanet.net/edition/news-story-96433-21-.htm#96433

Kind of like ... play with fire ya might get burned! 19 with a boyfriend in the 40's ... yah, think not good idea!
To be offended is a choice we make; it is not a condition inflicted or imposed upon us by someone or something else. - David A. Bednar
dogspoiler
Buddha of the Board

Re: Anyone see anything wrong with this picture?

Post by dogspoiler »

If her boyfreind had been 19 would it all be OK ?
Black Dogs Matter
omisimaw
Guru

Post by omisimaw »

Maybe.....
To be offended is a choice we make; it is not a condition inflicted or imposed upon us by someone or something else. - David A. Bednar
Static
Guru

Post by Static »

Is he rich and her a trophy?
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

Static wrote:Is he rich and her a trophy?

good chance.
or if she was 42 and he was 19 it would of never had made the paper
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
omisimaw
Guru

Post by omisimaw »

Static wrote:Is he rich and her a trophy?

Good point and then one might say "Where are the parents in all of this?"
Obviously they have no problem or better yet they have no control or influence on this young girl!
As in the case of the young girl suing in another thread a poster made a very legitimate point
"If you sleep with dogs you get fleas!"
You know kind of you have to chew what you bite off and any 42 yr old sniffing at 19 is in a real mid-life drama!
Wonder if he has wife and kids somewhere, or has he just been a weird sort that has never really had a meaningful relationship?
Just thoughts!
After all if he is looking at 23 years younger now what was he hooking up with when he was 20? Somebodies 12 yr old??????
neusen

Post by neusen »

only the accused is stating that they had a previous relationship. the victim has never dated this man.
shankari2
Fledgling

Post by shankari2 »

Yes, I see plenty wrong with most of the above posts! Based on no evidence they attack the victim, the parents of the victim and male adults who maybe in relationships with other adults much younger than them!
Bretbaby
Übergod

Post by Bretbaby »

neusen wrote:only the accused is stating that they had a previous relationship. the victim has never dated this man.

shankari2 wrote:Yes, I see plenty wrong with most of the above posts! Based on no evidence they attack the victim, the parents of the victim and male adults who maybe in relationships with other adults much younger than them!

I'm guessing most posters are basing their information from the article/information itself:

"The 42-year-old ex-boyfriend of a 19-year-old Penticton teen."

1) Isn't 19 considered an adult? Can't she date whomever she wants?

2) The victim was able to free herself and drive herself and the still unconscious suspect from the remote location and call police. - If someone I didn't know abducted me and assaulted me, the last thing I'm thinking about is taking their unconscious a$$ with me if I can get away???

3) The mother was on a Facebook group warning about this man, but I noticed she left out some information that I have read elsewhere. I guess there really are two sides to every story?

Return to “Central Okanagan”