Skaha Hills

Symbonite
Lord of the Board

Skaha Hills

Post by Symbonite »

just too bad...

Penticton will turn out to become another Kelowna with McMansions all over the Scenic Mountains..
**Disclaimer: The above statement is in my OPINION only.
youhavegottobekidding
Fledgling

Re: Skaha Hills

Post by youhavegottobekidding »

I look at it as JOBS
Static
Guru

Post by Static »

Can someone post a link please.
Thinktank
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Thinktank »

all those houses don't own their own land?
WHEN WILL WESTERN WAR PIGS WIND THIS UKRAINIAN GENOCIDE DOWN?????????????

"Fisman's Fraud" - most important Canadian book of 2024. covid fear tactics of fraudulent scientist David Fisman - misinformation distributed by U of Toronto researchers.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

It used to be called Arrowleaf, now it is called Skaha Hills.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
Lore
Übergod

Post by Lore »

Static wrote:Can someone post a link please.

http://www.castanet.net/edition/news-st ... htm#100658

600 new homes for Penticton
by Deborah Pfeiffer - Penticton - Story: 100658
Oct 16, 2013 / 12:45 pm

Photo: Contributed

Greyback Developments Ltd. in partnership with the Penticton Indian Band Development Corporation announced details of their newest project, Skaha Hills, this week.

The project is slated to be a master-planned community above the shores of Skaha Lake, on a 550-acre site on South Okanagan hillsides and bench lands.

"The elevated site on the south end of Penticton is one of the finest parcels of land for development in Penticton, because of its views, natural setting and proximity to amenities and Highway 97, the main artery through the Okanagan," said Curt Jansen, Skaha Hills director of real estate.

The land, owned by the Penticton Indian Band,was recently released for development to their new partners, Greyback Developments Ltd., and fully secured by a crown lease with Canada.

The development site is the first of its kind to be designated for a 150-year term. It will develop in seven phases and at full build out will consist of 600 homes with protected lands surrounding the community.

Proposed amenities include golf, beachfront access, hiking trails, pools and sports courts.

The groundbreaking is expected to take place in November, with sales to proceed in March of 2014.
Captain Awesome
Buddha of the Board

Post by Captain Awesome »

In fact, the Huffington Post recently named Penticton one of the “top 10 destinations in the world” based on social media research of over 200 million.

I wonder where they found 200 million old grumpy people using social media? Cause that would be the only ones saying Penticton is a top destination for anything except suicide thoughts and sadness.
Sarcasm is like a good game of chess. Most people don't know how to play chess.
Thinktank
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Thinktank »

Captain Awesome wrote:[...the only ones saying Penticton is a top destination for anything except suicide thoughts and sadness.

Penticton is also a destination for ripping out apple orchards and big empty
money losing events centers.
WHEN WILL WESTERN WAR PIGS WIND THIS UKRAINIAN GENOCIDE DOWN?????????????

"Fisman's Fraud" - most important Canadian book of 2024. covid fear tactics of fraudulent scientist David Fisman - misinformation distributed by U of Toronto researchers.
XT225
Lord of the Board

Post by XT225 »

I wish them well but I think its going to be a tough sell. Their site indicated 99 year "leases" (you will never own the land) and Castanet says 150 years. Regardless, starting prices for a rancher at $400,000 where you only lease the land will not appeal to a lot of folks I would bet. Even with Redwing Resorts, where the leases are not that far from running out now, the prices of the homes there keeps dropping. Who knows what will happen when they DO run out. Scare tactic? Not really...reality that's all. I would rather own my own land, period.
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

XT225 wrote:I wish them well but I think its going to be a tough sell. Their site indicated 99 year "leases" (you will never own the land) and Castanet says 150 years. Regardless, starting prices for a rancher at $400,000 where you only lease the land will not appeal to a lot of folks I would bet. Even with Redwing Resorts, where the leases are not that far from running out now, the prices of the homes there keeps dropping. Who knows what will happen when they DO run out. Scare tactic? Not really...reality that's all. I would rather own my own land, period.

The Kamloops Indian Band had no problem selling 1000 brand spanking new homes ...
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
XT225
Lord of the Board

Post by XT225 »

One only needs to check out Bridgewater and Sendero Canyon developments to see how things are selling. Cheaper and you own your own lots there at least. No First Nations leases to deal with.
dreamon
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by dreamon »

I think this announcement is excellent news.

Developments on FN land are becoming more and more widespread with a great deal of success. Redwing was a great success and through different market conditions. It should be noted that the head lease at Redwing was a 99 years, with shorter sub-leases. The sub-leases are renegotiated with Redwing Resorts (Kampe), not with FN. Sub-leases are routinely renegotiated in Redwing.
Redwing has enabled many people who couldn't otherwise afford, to live in a nice gated community with access to the lake, channel and spectacular views.

The recently announced Skaha Hills development will enable many people to purchase a new home close to town with nice views of the valley, city and lakes. Greyback is a quality company that has been involved in quality projects. Skaha Hills will employ many people locally through the development phase of the land, then the construction phase of the houses. Not only will it directly employ many people locally, but a great deal of money will be spent locally on goods and services.

The land in question is not used for agricultural purposes.

I'm not sure why people feel the need to be so negative when something new pops up, especially when the proponent is long established Penticton family company such as Greyback. No, I do not work for them, nor do I stand to profit from this development. I just happen to have tremendous respect for the Kenyon family, how they conduct themselves and business.
Joycel

Post by Joycel »

Let's put another road through above the present golf course before the project goes any further.
ToddT
Übergod

Post by ToddT »

I agree 100%. I'm excited for this development and the opportunity it brings to Penticton. Besides, Bridgewater is all manufactured hosuing, and Sendero to me really isn't an ideal building area. Small lots, way up Duncan. Skaha Hills is close to town, close to the highway, close to golf, and while I haven't seen a site plan, one has to assume there will be more flexibility with 600 lots.

Return to “Central Okanagan”