Stolen Corvette

Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Re: Stolen Corvette

Post by Bsuds »

Onstar is not hard to disable. Just unplug it.

http://www.ehow.com/how_5522820_disable-onstar.html
I got Married because I was sick and tired of finishing my own sentences.
That's worked out great for me!
pentona
Übergod

Post by pentona »

pentona wrote:Story in the Western Advertiser paper today saying that they found the corvette yesterday in Surrey, on monday. No mention yet of condition.

http://www.pentictonwesternnews.com/news/229331021.html

Oops...sorry, I meant to say Saturday they found it.
underscore
Übergod

Post by underscore »

Yet we only get to hear of it today - I'm guessing something bigger is going on. Anyone who guessed it was loaded into a truck and bound for the GVRD was spot on!
cliffy1 wrote:Welcome to the asylum.
XT225
Lord of the Board

Post by XT225 »

underscore wrote:Yet we only get to hear of it today - I'm guessing something bigger is going on. Anyone who guessed it was loaded into a truck and bound for the GVRD was spot on!

Hey, great news that they found it. Hope we find out if it was damaged or not. If it WAS driven all the way down to the coast, the cops won't be too happy that they missed seeing it. Likely trailered though. Might be a lesson to the cops; next time this happens, to set up roadblocks and stop all large trailers and check contents.
Tori_K
Fledgling

Post by Tori_K »

underscore wrote:Yet we only get to hear of it today - I'm guessing something bigger is going on. Anyone who guessed it was loaded into a truck and bound for the GVRD was spot on!

I doubt anything bigger is happening here - Stolen on Thursday, found by RCMP on Saturday, processed and then dealer notified on Monday - perhaps a voicemail at work when he came in for all we know as it is the first business day after it was found. We don't know if the dealer or the paper initiated the followup, but it does sound like the paper reached out to the RCMP for the story, not the other way around.
underscore
Übergod

Post by underscore »

Either that or they could've been waiting to pick up whoever went to get the car after they found it. I'm not guessing a massive conspiracy or anything, just something more complex than the car being in some dudes driveway.
cliffy1 wrote:Welcome to the asylum.

Return to “Central Okanagan”