Finally, PHA being held accountable

livewire
Fledgling

Re: Finally, PHA being held accountable

Post by livewire »

http://www.castanet.net/edition/news-st ... htm#106666

Looks like we should move our businesses to Vernon, a City that gets it.
XT225
Lord of the Board

Post by XT225 »

3+141592

Post by 3+141592 »

Regarding Miranda's stepping down, isn't that a "deja vu" all over again? Back in 2012, the PHA
sabotaged the PBG (excuse the acronym soup) with their shenanigans. Now, we lost one more
hard worker with Miranda. I don't blame her for quitting, life's too short, but really, what's going on here:

When are the members of the PHA going to wake up and realize that either
a) They need to "clean house" and change course?
------ or ------
b) If they carry on, we're all going to suffer and that includes their businesses as well?

How short-sighted can one get? Either do the work or buzz off. Dragging this out to court will
only make lawyers rich. Meanwhile, almost every city in BC (North America, the world?) is competing
for tourism dollars. Over here, we fight amongst ourselves as to who controls the promotional tax money.

Shame on the PHA
southy
Lord of the Board

Post by southy »

Call me niave but is there something we are all missing in this story? This is crazy sitting on that kind of money and missing marketing and advertising opportunities daily. There has to be more. Time will tell. By the way, does anyone know and maybe I missed it but is that money in trust right now?
FSmith59
Banned

Post by FSmith59 »

southy wrote:Call me niave but is there something we are all missing in this story? This is crazy sitting on that kind of money and missing marketing and advertising opportunities daily. There has to be more. Time will tell. By the way, does anyone know and maybe I missed it but is that money in trust right now?

I do not think the money is being held in trust...but the last I have read is that the account the money is in, has been frozen by the courts, pending the outcome of the case.

Either way, the money is in limbo.
twobits
Guru

Post by twobits »

FSmith59 wrote:

I do not think the money is being held in trust...but the last I have read is that the account the money is in, has been frozen by the courts, pending the outcome of the case.

Either way, the money is in limbo.

If that is the case then how would they have been able to present an 8k cheque to Peachfest for work on the parade float yesterday?
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

The problem with the gene pool is that there is no lifeguard.
fluffy
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by fluffy »

Good question. I wonder if the room tax is not the only source of funds for the PHA, do members pay dues ? And I also wonder if the board members and administration staff (if any) draw any recompense from the PHA coffers ?
“We’ll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective.” – Kurt Vonnegut

Return to “Central Okanagan”