Old A&W site

Symbonite
Lord of the Board

Re: Old A&W site

Post by Symbonite »

to the English professor

if I could draw my statement out in crayon...I would....

So ill break it down without the red crayon.

Drive Angry ask about his experience

Castanet asks for Positive reviews only

No more responses from Drive Angry

My take...He did not respond and shared his experiences which means it was not a good review.

the end.
**Disclaimer: The above statement is in my OPINION only.
Thinktank
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Thinktank »

All fast food restaurants are good experiences.

Fries - yummmy.
Sundaes - yummy.
Burgers - yummy.
Chocolate muffin - yummy.

if you like 22 chemical additives in your food then fast food is the right choice for you.
WHEN WILL WESTERN WAR PIGS WIND THIS UKRAINIAN GENOCIDE DOWN?????????????

"Fisman's Fraud" - most important Canadian book of 2024. covid fear tactics of fraudulent scientist David Fisman - misinformation distributed by U of Toronto researchers.
0gopogo
Fledgling

Post by 0gopogo »

That's gross.
gfromktown

Post by gfromktown »

Thinktank wrote:Wow.

All we need now is for Mexicans to work on all our orchards - wait
we have that already.

I'm sure our standard of living has dropped 305 since the 1970s.

Well.. a tad racist perhaps..
Thinktank
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Thinktank »

Thinktank wrote:Wow.

- Penticton looks just like a poor American city now. All we need is a K-Mart for our
new 'appearance' to be complete. All we need now is for Mexicans to work on all our orchards - wait
we have that already.

I'm sure our standard of living has dropped 30% since the 1970s.

Washington state has some of the biggest farms anywhere. You can see crews of Mexicans working
on their farms. the Mexicans work for - dirt cheap - peanuts. I was in a small town - Quincy, Wa - and there
are only three things there, Humongous farms, Fast food, and Mexican workers - on the farms, and in the fast food places.

The Okanagan Valley had a thriving fruit industry before the government stepped in with their replant
program, which encouraged growers to remove old fruit trees. Since 1980 50% of orchardists have gone
out of business, yet more and more Mexicans are coming to the Okanagan to work. Small growers can't afford
to hire Mexicans but large growers benefit greatly from haivng a crew of hard working foreigners
that can hardly speak english - willing to work ten hour days. It's funny how the agriculture industry and their use of pesticides has found a convenient way of hiring people from thousands of miles away - no one will ever see if
those pesticides are causing health problems, because the Mexicans are from Mexico.

Not sure how much more I need to explain. Hiring Mexicans for peanuts is not good for anyone except
the big farms, and fast food places. if you compare Quincy, Wa with only huge farms and Mexicans working for next to nothing to the way Penticton is with many prosperous smaller farms - there's no comparison - Penticton is better.

where's the racism in my comments?
WHEN WILL WESTERN WAR PIGS WIND THIS UKRAINIAN GENOCIDE DOWN?????????????

"Fisman's Fraud" - most important Canadian book of 2024. covid fear tactics of fraudulent scientist David Fisman - misinformation distributed by U of Toronto researchers.
westbankkid
Übergod

Post by westbankkid »

southy wrote:
Thinktank I'm really having a hard time figuring out what you are getting at. You say "when every business in your city is American" ... well let's take a look shall we: And these are just restaurants not all businesses:

Canadian Owned

Shades on Main
Terry's
Ricki's
Denny's
By the Sea
A&W
Hooded Merganser and others in Lakeside
Kettle Valley Pub
Theo's
La Casa Ouzaria
Boston Pizza
Lachi
Villa Rosa
Mykonos
Bears Den
Belaire
Bellevue
Iyara
Barley Mill
Capital
Debbie's Diner
Penticton Buffet
Lee's
China Palace and the list goes on ... so please explain what you mean by they are all American owned???? Also, where did you get the figure 30% from????

A&W, Dennys are American owned..
Quixote
Fledgling

Post by Quixote »

westbankkid wrote:A&W, Dennys are American owned..

Not quite; as of 1972 A&W Canada has been a completely separate company from the American A&W.
westbankkid
Übergod

Post by westbankkid »

Quixote wrote:
Not quite; as of 1972 A&W Canada has been a completely separate company from the American A&W.

Sorry. I didn't know that.
Kyle77

Post by Kyle77 »

Actually Denny's in Western Canada is owned by Dencan which is part of Northland Properties which is owned by the Gaglardi family originally from Kamloops.
Symbonite
Lord of the Board

Post by Symbonite »

Thinktank wrote:[The Okanagan Valley had a thriving fruit industry before the government stepped in with their replant
program, which encouraged growers to remove old fruit trees.

I remember that. I was young But I remember my dad doing a replant of tree with soft fruit and got rid of the apples. They told everyone to replant their trees with apples and my dad did the opposite...good thing he did. Made more money than the apple growers.
Symbonite
Lord of the Board

Post by Symbonite »

but what does that have to do with Fast Food..whos knows.

Return to “Central Okanagan”