Old A&W site

twobits
Guru

Old A&W site

Post by twobits »

Does anyone know what is going into the old A and W site. Heard it may be a Carl's Jr???? Personally, never indulged in a Carl's burger.......any experienced diners out there that have? Please keep in mind Castanet rules on negative business reviews.
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

The problem with the gene pool is that there is no lifeguard.
fluffy
Admiral HMS Castanet

Re: Old A and W site

Post by fluffy »

I heard the same, Carl's Jr., actually think it was in the paper a couple of weeks ago. Don't know much about them though. Think they're a char-broiler burger joint, somethng like BK. They are just starting a move into Canada, the one that opened recently in Kelowna was Canada's first.
“We’ll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective.” – Kurt Vonnegut
Quixote
Fledgling

Re: Old A and W site

Post by Quixote »

Definitely Carl's Jr, they have (or at least had) a banner up on the rental fencing shortly after construction started. Carl's is one of the better tasting fast food places in my opinion, nothing super special but their (super-fatty) milkshakes are a nice treat, and they have a lot of menu options that I haven't seen elsewhere.

There's one up in Kelowna if you wanted to give it a go before the Penticton one opens their doors, I haven't heard anything about timelines but given the progress of the construction there I would guess they'd be open mid-December.
Thinktank
Walks on Forum Water

Re: Old A&W site

Post by Thinktank »

Wow.

That's really good for a city - another fast food place. Penticton with it's new WalMart
food section, the new A&W that looks so terrible with bathroom doors visible on ourr main street,
- Penticton looks just like a poor American city now. All we need is a K-Mart for our
new 'appearance' to be complete. All we need now is for Mexicans to work on all our orchards - wait
we have that already.

I'm sure our standard of living has dropped 305 since the 1970s.
WHEN WILL WESTERN WAR PIGS WIND THIS UKRAINIAN GENOCIDE DOWN?????????????

"Fisman's Fraud" - most important Canadian book of 2024. covid fear tactics of fraudulent scientist David Fisman - misinformation distributed by U of Toronto researchers.
southy
Lord of the Board

Post by southy »

Thinktank wrote:Wow.

That's really good for a city - another fast food place. Penticton with it's new WalMart
food section, the new A&W that looks so terrible with bathroom doors visible on ourr main street,
- Penticton looks just like a poor American city now. All we need is a K-Mart for our
new 'appearance' to be complete. All we need now is for Mexicans to work on all our orchards - wait
we have that already.

I'm sure our standard of living has dropped 305 since the 1970s.

Thinktank not sure what you mean our standard of living has dropped 305 since the 1970s???? Sounds more like you have a mad on for anything un-Canadian. Unfortunately time marches on what was was, today is called 2013 change happens.
Thinktank
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Thinktank »

Our standard of living for 99% of us has dropped 30%.

that means some nice wineries in the valley for people with Mercedes to drive to
and sample some wine in a scenic environement, while Main street fills up with fast food
places and walMart, and Dollar Stores.

^ not exactly a sign of prosperity.

^ when things get worse.

"Fisman's Fraud" - most important Canadian book of 2024. covid fear tactics of fraudulent scientist David Fisman - misinformation distributed by U of Toronto researchers.
fluffy
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by fluffy »

I'm of the mind that the choices available to us as far as where we shop/eat/play etc. are driven by where we chose to spend our money, not the other way round. If we insisted on having healthy responsible choices, and consistently chose those over the lesser alternatives, then the appearance of the market would reflect that. There are fast food choices all over the place because there is an abundance of people willing to eat there. This is our fault, not theirs.
“We’ll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective.” – Kurt Vonnegut
Thinktank
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Thinktank »

^ because we just saw our standard of living go down 30%

Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

It's not cheap eating at fast food places so obviously people enjoy the food or there wouldn't be so many different places.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
Thinktank
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Thinktank »

Even though fast food restaurants ( all American) are not cheap, they're still
cheaper than quality restaurants. And when every business in your city is American - something ain't right.

eventually...... = poverty.

southy
Lord of the Board

Post by southy »

Thinktank wrote:Even though fast food restaurants ( all American) are not cheap, they're still
cheaper than quality restaurants. And when every business in your city is American - something ain't right.

eventually...... = poverty.

Thinktank I'm really having a hard time figuring out what you are getting at. You say "when every business in your city is American" ... well let's take a look shall we: And these are just restaurants not all businesses:

Canadian Owned

Shades on Main
Terry's
Ricki's
Denny's
By the Sea
A&W
Hooded Merganser and others in Lakeside
Kettle Valley Pub
Theo's
La Casa Ouzaria
Boston Pizza
Lachi
Villa Rosa
Mykonos
Bears Den
Belaire
Bellevue
Iyara
Barley Mill
Capital
Debbie's Diner
Penticton Buffet
Lee's
China Palace and the list goes on ... so please explain what you mean by they are all American owned???? Also, where did you get the figure 30% from????
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

*off topic remark removed*/ferri
So I saw a bumper sticker today that said, I'm a Veterinarian so I drive like an animal.
I suddenly realised how many Proctologists are on the road!
Steve-O
Übergod

Post by Steve-O »

*off topic remark removed*/ferri
Thinktank
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Thinktank »

*try REPORTING it next time!*/ferri

Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

twobits wrote:Does anyone know what is going into the old A and W site. Heard it may be a Carl's Jr???? Personally, never indulged in a Carl's burger.......any experienced diners out there that have? Please keep in mind Castanet rules on negative business reviews.

Their regular burgers aren't the greatest, so if you go, I do recommend getting one of their thickburgers, much better and tastier although a bit pricier. Its no 5 guys or In and Out, but sure better than McDonalds, BK or A&W.
Nobody wants to hear your opinion. They just want to hear their own opinion coming out of your mouth.

Return to “Central Okanagan”