Old A&W site

Thinktank
Walks on Forum Water

Re: Old A&W site

Post by Thinktank »

Dizzy1 wrote:...sure better than McDonalds, BK or A&W.

Why? Do you know how many chemical additives there are? McDonalds has about 22 chemical
additives. Subway - about sixteen chemicals. I doubt Carl's Jr is any better.

Burgers taste good. That's the deal. Tasty. But the food is low class, not because it's expensive,
not because it doesn't taste good, but because it's cheaply loaded with chemicals.
WHEN WILL WESTERN WAR PIGS WIND THIS UKRAINIAN GENOCIDE DOWN?????????????

"Fisman's Fraud" - most important Canadian book of 2024. covid fear tactics of fraudulent scientist David Fisman - misinformation distributed by U of Toronto researchers.
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

Thinktank wrote:Why? Do you know how many chemical additives there are? McDonalds has about 22 chemical
additives. Subway - about sixteen chemicals. I doubt Carl's Jr is any better.

Burgers taste good. That's the deal. Tasty. But the food is low class, not because it's expensive,
not because it doesn't taste good, but because it's cheaply loaded with chemicals.

Ever think that some of us just don't give a flying rats a$$? We have a craving, we take care of that craving simple as that. I'm not a big fan of McDonald's, I know their food is crap but when I get a craving for a Big Mac, I don't go online and start preaching to people how my post is going to rock their world ... I eat a Big Mac and enjoy it and not worry about how some "additive" is going to sprout me another testicle.
Nobody wants to hear your opinion. They just want to hear their own opinion coming out of your mouth.
Steve-O
Übergod

Post by Steve-O »

I'm entitled to my opinion and share them within forum rules ThinkTank. Call me an idiot if you wish. My skin is thick enough, I can take a joke as well as I dish it out.

Some local entrepreneur has seen an opportunity and is grabbing at it. Good for him. I hope he is successful and now that parcel of property will again employ people and pay tax. Whats the problem there?
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

Thinktank wrote:And when every business in your city is American - something ain't right.

So, I take it you've started your own business and are competing?
Nobody wants to hear your opinion. They just want to hear their own opinion coming out of your mouth.
Steve-O
Übergod

Post by Steve-O »

Place for burgers in Penticton is Burger 55.
Thinktank
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Thinktank »

Steve-O wrote:I'm entitled to my opinion and share them within forum rules .....I can take a joke as well as I dish it out.

they don't want the forum to degrade into insults.

that's the rules.
WHEN WILL WESTERN WAR PIGS WIND THIS UKRAINIAN GENOCIDE DOWN?????????????

"Fisman's Fraud" - most important Canadian book of 2024. covid fear tactics of fraudulent scientist David Fisman - misinformation distributed by U of Toronto researchers.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Then follow the rules. At least something is going in at that location and another restaurant makes sense.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
0gopogo
Fledgling

Post by 0gopogo »

And when every business in your city is American - something ain't right

Best phrase in this thread so far.
XT225
Lord of the Board

Re: Old A and W site

Post by XT225 »

fluffy wrote:I heard the same, Carl's Jr., actually think it was in the paper a couple of weeks ago. Don't know much about them though. Think they're a char-broiler burger joint, somethng like BK. They are just starting a move into Canada, the one that opened recently in Kelowna was Canada's first.

I went to go for breakfast there this morning (9:00am); place was locked up tighter than a drum. I had read online that they DO have a breakfast menu but WHEN? I find that really odd; had to go to the competition.

ps: drove by later around noon; parking lot was jammed; glad to see it open but had long since eaten brekkie.
driveangry
Übergod

Post by driveangry »

I tried Carl Jr's on the weekend,,,,, am I allowed to post my opinion of it ??????
XT225
Lord of the Board

Post by XT225 »

driveangry wrote:I tried Carl Jr's on the weekend,,,,, am I allowed to post my opinion of it ??????

I believe ONLY if its a GOOD one. Negative business reviews are often axed. Kinda too bad as how does one REALLY know which places are good or bad. People could just as easily get on here and give a phoney GOOD business review. Oh well; it is the forum rules, however. Did you go for breakfast? I would like to know why they aren't open early.
Jo
Slot 16

Post by Jo »

Too much potential for someone to cry 'libel'.

And that's that, don't turn this thread into a 'we should be allowed to post negative business reviews', please.
southy
Lord of the Board

Post by southy »

Instead of posting about your experience at Carl's on Castanet why don't you just contact Carl's Junior direct. Canadian franchise office is based out of Kelowna I believe. Contact name and email address is included on the link below. I'm sure they would like to know about both positive and negative experiences.

http://www.ckefranchise.com/canada/
Symbonite
Lord of the Board

Post by Symbonite »

well with drive angry lack of response...i would say its a negative review regardless of what happened
**Disclaimer: The above statement is in my OPINION only.
FSmith59
Banned

Post by FSmith59 »

Symbonite wrote:well with drive angry lack of response...i would say its a negative review regardless of what happened

What? lol

Symbonite to English, please.

Return to “Central Okanagan”