Bad Dog Owners!

Tero
Board Meister

Bad Dog Owners!

Post by Tero »

The following ad showed up on my facebook feed because I am a member of one of the Garage Sale groups. It is just rubbing me the wrong way for a few reasons!!!

The original ad says 5 WEEK PITTY PUPPIES FOR SALE $100 each. It says the "might as well be" purebread, but they're not! When someone asked about the lineage the poster reponds:

"the dad is purebred, the mom is half pitty half "pitbull husky dogo" lol quiet the mix. theyre only 5 wks, but the mother wants literally nothing to do with them anymore, so theyve been eating semi soggy puppy chow, 2 other ones are gone already and theyre doing great! so i guess prettymuch whenever, they can go.
the all grey one in the back is a boy with bllue eyes
the all brown dark one is a boy
the brindle one is a girl
the one that looks like bethoven is a boyy with one blue eye one brown eye
the bottom left grey one is a blue eyed girl
the middle grey one with white nose is a boy
and i believe the bottom blond one is taken, but she is also a girl."

Another member of the group responded with this:
not to be the downer Debbie here but even when mom stops having anything to do with them you should ALWAYS keep them till 8 weeks because mom socializes them and teaches them how to be a pack pup, its pitbull puppies that are taken away from their moms too early that end up with social problems and dog aggression issues.PLEASE don't take that the wrong way i own a pitty and am 100% pitbull lover, i just hate when bad things happen to good dogs

Original poster replied
i understand its early for them yet, but i just think they would be better off in a home, as i am pregnant & work allot, and dont have the time and energy they need.. tried wrking with nthe mother but she hates them lol."

This is bugging me for a few reasons:
1. I know nothing about pit bulls except what I've read in the media. Of course I don't believe it all, but the poor dogs already have a pretty bad rap. Now this woman is trying to sell them at 5 weeks (far too young for babies to leave their mom!)
2. It kind of reeks of puppy mill
3. I don't think that dogs with a reputation that preceeds them should go to just ANY person with a 100 bucks who wants one for the wrong reasons. They should go to owners who have been screened and can provide a proper environment and who can afford to keep and care for them for their entire lives. This means a place to exercise them, a committment to feed them properly, care for them, love them, pay for their medical care. I doubt that this woman who "is pregnant and works allot and doesn't have time or energy" is exactly screening the prospective owners.

I wish there was a way I could get these puppies to the SPCA instead.
WinterSnow

Re: Bad dog owners!!

Post by WinterSnow »

Please report this to the SPCA and Dog Control! This is terrible, and just adding to the bad reputation for pit bulls as well as not healthy for the puppies! You can report to dog control and remain anonymous if that is what is holding you back. Please report!
Triple 6

Re: Bad Dog Owners!

Post by Triple 6 »

You need to report the fb user. Her name is obvioiusly attached the post. I've deleted the rest because I totally sounded like a jerk and not my intention! I apologize.

Totally call dog control or the SPCA. The dogs are being abused if Mom is not caring for them and she's feeding them crap.
"A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than he loves himself." -- Josh Billings
Tero
Board Meister

Post by Tero »

WinterSnow wrote:Please report this to the SPCA and Dog Control! This is terrible, and just adding to the bad reputation for pit bulls as well as not healthy for the puppies! You can report to dog control and remain anonymous if that is what is holding you back. Please report!

oh. sorry for my ignorance... I didn't actually know I could report it, because legally, they're probably not doing anything wrong... If reporting to animal control is an option then I sure will! I'll do it tomorrow.

Thanks!
twobits
Guru

Post by twobits »

Tero wrote:
oh. sorry for my ignorance... I didn't actually know I could report it, because legally, they're probably not doing anything wrong... If reporting to animal control is an option then I sure will! I'll do it tomorrow.

Thanks!

You are not ignorant Tero. While I would agree with all comments that it is not right to separate pups, of any breed, at such an early age, I think your first assumption that there is nothing illegal to report is correct. If those animals are fed, watered, and sheltered, I seriously doubt there is anything the SPCA will do beyond recommending she hang on to them for a few weeks and she has already received that advice. If they are already eating moistened puppy chow, it weakens the SPCA's hand even further
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

The problem with the gene pool is that there is no lifeguard.
underscore
Übergod

Re: Bad Dog Owners!

Post by underscore »

This woman needs some sense knocked into her. Then maybe she should use the money she's made from the puppies to get her dogs (and herself) fixed.
cliffy1 wrote:Welcome to the asylum.

Return to “Central Okanagan”